Culture - Tell tale signs of cocaine/crack use(research for story)

Discussion in 'Cocaine & Crack' started by Guest, Jul 17, 2003.

1. Guest

Guest Guest

Reputation Points:
    Hey, I'm working on a story featuring a drug dealer and a recovering coke addict.

I wanted to know if there are any tell tale physical signs that someone has used coke or crack extensively and/or if there "types" of people who would be more likely to use. Like strong people because they think they can deal with it and not become addicted or whatever.

I admit that I'm really naive about this subject, so any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Zhaneel

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 9, 2007
  2. Guest

Guest Guest

Reputation Points:
    Unless the person used needles, I don't think there are any tell tale signs.Unless the person fully addicted, he/she can still function normally at home or job.

As to "types" of people, the most likely to get hooked would be one with an obsessive/compulsive personality.

Good luck with your research.

3. isis

isis Newbie

Reputation Points:
    I disagree through the years believe me there are tell tale signs people age faster, some people develope nervous habits, it varies differnt things happy to differnt people i have noticed the age thing amoung myself and others i know have used for quite some timei had a friend that crack totally burned him out, to the point where he would come to your house and rock back and fourth in a corner, could'nt hold a normal conversation, if he did speak all he would tell you was what was wrong with him i mean everything that was wrong with him and i mean everything!!!!! and drink diet coke!!! eventually he died of an overdose to big of a hit so they said

4. invictvs

invictvs Newbie

Reputation Points:
    I would say if he sniffs a lot, goes to the bathroom a lot, always seems to have a runny nose, or is constantly sipping beverages.

5. club222

club222 Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    I've noticed heavy users biting their nails a lot whenever they don't
    have it. Could just be bad habits that have formed over the years
    though.

6. Kittyofftitty

Kittyofftitty Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    31 y/o
    of course there is the nose whistle