1. Dear Drugs-Forum readers: We are a small non-profit that runs one of the most read drug information & addiction help websites in the world. We serve over 4 million readers per month, and have costs like all popular websites: servers, hosting, licenses and software. To protect our independence we do not run ads. We take no government funds. We run on donations which average $25. If everyone reading this would donate $5 then this fund raiser would be done in an hour. If Drugs-Forum is useful to you, take one minute to keep it online another year by donating whatever you can today. Donations are currently not sufficient to pay our bills and keep the site up. Your help is most welcome. Thank you.
    PLEASE HELP
    Dismiss Notice

Snorting - Temazepam: How much is too much?

Discussion in 'Benzodiazepines' started by ivantk6, Jun 29, 2007.

1. ivantk6

ivantk6 Newbie

Reputation Points:
    how much is too much :confused:

i am woried about having snorted two 30mg pills

need advice never done the stuff up the nose befor

thank you excuse my poor grammer

Ivan

2. radiometer

radiometer bananadine addict

Reputation Points:
    Re: temazepam help please

If nothing else please consult www.erowid.org and/or google before taking prescription drugs that you're not familiar with.

60mg is a very high dose as it is 2X the amount included in the most potent tablet available.

I don't know specifically about temazepam, but most benzos taken intranasally don't work very well - most of the effect actually comes from the drip which runs down into one's stomach, and can be weaker than if the dug was taken orally.

Benzos are hard to overdose on by themselves, so if SWIY gets themselves to bed safely and hasn't taken other drugs/alcohol, there should be little worry. If SWIY has taken other depressants (opiates, alcohol, etc.) then there is some risk, and I hope SWIY has someone with them to know if something goes wrong.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 27, 2007
  3. Swimster

Swimster Palladium Member

Reputation Points:
  4. ivantk6

ivantk6 Newbie

Reputation Points:

i did look on erowid and the more sherching i did the more i find not overdosing man
    and i have sherched not found nay relavent info

just would like to nknow the fatail dose is snorted man thats all .

5. radiometer

Reputation Points:

Like I said, almost all the incidences of overdose you will find regarding benzodiazepines will also involve the ingestion of other CNS depressants. Though I suppose some LD50 for temazepam in rats has been established in the distant past when it was being tested.

Let me put it to SWIY in plain language:

If SWIY took alcohol and/or other depressants with this hypothetical temazepam, and is slumping badly and worried about dying, the by all means CALL fucking 911!!! If this was the only thing he/she took then just get to bed.

Last edited: Jun 29, 2007
  6. ivantk6

ivantk6 Newbie

Reputation Points:

no its all i took no booze os outher drugs thank you i feel like a retard

and yea my lil bro is here but the thing thatr scared me was that one of the side affects of an od on temazepam is a coma so kinda scared to goto sleep

but thank you

sorry i came off like a retard

thanks

7. radiometer

Reputation Points:

Well, look...you can't expect a board like this to come up with instant answers to real-time problems, but there's nothing "retarded" about asking hopefully when one is really worried about their safety. People's safety is ultimately what a board like this is about. But I hope you've been encouraged to know ahead of time about the expected effects of a particular dose/drug.

I'll bet that SWIY has a GREAT night's sleep tonight!

8. ivantk6

ivantk6 Newbie

Reputation Points:

Thank you verry much

9. tayo

tayo

Reputation Points:

if it makes SWIivantk6 feel any better, a few years back SWIM once had about 30 of those pills at once, and just woke up with terrible amnesia (very late in the day) of the past night's events, apparently had been slurring and had even been drinking beer (very bad idea) anyway, the next day swim got pissed that so many pills were missing and kept calling people saying there's no way that swim could have had that many (because half of the bottle was gone), accusations went on for a couple months, and everyone kept insisting that swim had just kept on going saying "no it'll be fine there have been no deaths on benzos alone" but everyone kept pointing out that it wasnt alone and swim was drinking. with 30mg swiy might get drowsy and even fall asleep.. good luck with future benzodiazepine experiments to swiy

10. merseyloyalist

merseyloyalist

Reputation Points:

It also depends whether swim takes other benzodiazapines,60mg is far too much for an occasional user 20mg should suffice or halve a 30mg tablet and do that.If swim doesn't take benzos 60mg will as person above says cause sleep then amnesia.

11. soma

soma

Reputation Points:

Back when my kitten was benzo naive, 30mg used to put him in a very very nice state. Now, it takes more on the order of 90mg, but whose counting :).

Definately not a good dose for a first-timer. Temazepam is a very potent benzodiazepine, moreso than alprazolam IM(kitten's)O.

12. merseyloyalist

merseyloyalist

Reputation Points:

My kitten neva had the pleasure of trying alprazolam don't think it available on the pet nhs

13. Orchid_Suspiria

Orchid_Suspiria

Reputation Points:

Temazepam is fun stuff,swim loves it.However it's also potent stuff and not to be taken lightly!

14. nitynate

nitynate

Reputation Points:

SWIM has 30mg Temazepam capsules, and SWIM's first time taking it, SWIM did not feel anything except for a clear mind, and he went to bed well. In his mind, a 1mg Xanax is much stronger.

15. sourdough

sourdough Mercury Member

Reputation Points:

why was your cat taking temazepam?