- Test review -

Discussion in 'Coffeeshop reviews' started by Alfa, May 18, 2006.

1. Alfa

Alfa Productive Insomniac Staff Member Administrator

Reputation Points:
    117 y/o from The Netherlands
    AbraxCSout.jpg abraxas2.jpg

THIS IS NOT A REAL REVIEW, BUT A TEST. RATINGS ARE RANDOM.

Review:
    Amsterdam can be pretty dull on a Monday morning in October, especially when it's raining. But do not dispair for there is a solution. All one has to do is visit the Abraxas coffeeshop, purchase 1 gram of their Creme Du Maroc hashish for 14.00€ (gulp!), a coffee, and a fresh orange juice, and then find a nice place to sit and enjoy the space. Everything soon starts looking, and feeling, a whole lot better. The Big Bright Breakfast Experience is here!.
    Let's face it, the coffeeshops in Amsterdam do charge a lot of money for their "top drawer" wares, and I expect to get pretty high and stay there for some time at those prices. Hopefully Abraxas, and other coffeeshops of their like, can maintain the high standard of their hash and grass.
    I sampled the Hawaiian Haze, Dutch Delight, and Gloria varieties of weed, and found them all to be suitably colourful in affect. The Afghan Gold makes a pleasant change of pace from Moroccan and weed, but should really be smoked in a chillum for full enjoyment. If you're here on holiday, I certainly recommend that you visit Abraxas. The service and orange juice are both excellent. Also, marvellous muffins!!

abraxas.jpg AbraxCSin.jpg Abraxasstair.jpg
    Description:
    Year 2000 coffeeshop cup winner. This coffeeshop is hidden away down a side street between KalverStraat and the Nieuwezijds Voorburgwal, and is really worth finding. Its' interior is fantastic, with 3 levels of mosaic, inlaid wood, glass floors, and spiral staircases.
    There are some really good little hideaway areas. The ground floor offers a bar and internet terminals (15mins free when you buy a drink), the second floor has lots of seating and a DJ booth, and on the top floor you can see plants growing in a grow room.

Menu:
    menuabraxas20042nj.jpg
    Weed
    They have a good selection Biologic Weed from 5.00€ to 9.50€/gram.
    There's also imported Thai (5.50€), and Jamaican (7.50€) weed.

Hashish
    The hash menu has Moroccan from 4.50€ to 14.00€/gram, and Black (Afghan, Charras, etc.) between 4.50€ and 12.50€/gram, Ice 16.00€/gram, and Scuff 7.00€/gram.

Space food
    If that lot's not enough, then there's weed or hash muffins (3.75€), Space Hot Chocolat (4.50€), and Bonbons (5.70€).

amsterdam_04_058.jpg
    Details:
    Jonge Roelensteeg, 1012 PL, Amsterdam
    0031 (0)20 6255763
    www.abraxas.tv
    [email protected]

opening hours: Daily 10:00-01:00 7 days a week
    Map:
    [map]Jonge Roelensteeg, 1012 PL, Amsterdam[/map]

THIS IS NOT A REAL REVIEW, BUT A TEST. RATINGS ARE RANDOM.

Last edited: Sep 10, 2017
  2. Alfa

Reputation Points:
    This was my first ever legal smoke, and it was good weed of top quality . 1st timers beware of the pre- rolled I was high as hell for a couple of hours . I taught my Girl to play chess in here . No booze, but hey what do you go to the Dam for ? I can't recommend highly enough, chill tunes are good, it looks amazing, seats are low and lazy . A full range of ways to get your high, in short STONERS PARADISE
    THIS IS NOT A REAL REVIEW, BUT A TEST

3. Abrad

Abrad R.I.P. Platinum Member & Advisor R.I.P.

Reputation Points:
    The layout is very nice.

4. WrtngCocaineTutorial

WrtngCocaineTutorial Palladium Member

Reputation Points:
    from The Netherlands
    This looks GREAT alfa!!

genious idé!!!
    making coffeshop review's with a possiblity to vote, etc.

5. WrtngCocaineTutorial

WrtngCocaineTutorial Palladium Member

Reputation Points:
    from The Netherlands
    Will we see more of these in the future? :crazy

6. Alfa

Reputation Points:
    Yes, I expect so.

7. Fantasian

Fantasian Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    31 y/o from U.K.
    This could also be done with Head shops in amsterdam?

Or would that be discussing sources?

8. Alfa

Reputation Points:
    Yes, it would. In fact coffeeshop are sources for cannabis and therefore this coffeeshop review forum is an exception to the sources rule. But we will not be reviewing sources for other things outside the sources forums. And besides that. I do not see much use reviewing the atmosphere & ambiance or food & drinks of headshops. Hotels however may be something to think about if there is enough animo.

9. torr_aox

torr_aox Newbie

Reputation Points:
    If you would like some help reviewing, I've been to at least 30 of them. Let me know.

10. Alfa

Reputation Points:
    I've sent you a PM.

11. elbow

elbow Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    You might be interested to know that abraxes has closed their top floor, so unfortunately you can no longer look at a grow room. Very sad, because that room was the best part of the shop, IMO.
    Still, its always worth a pass-by for a tase of their fantastic space-food and drinks. This is the only place in town I know of who will literally put hash or grass in any beverage that you desire. I can recommend very highly the hash cappucino, has hot chocolate and the hash milkshakes, but be careful because they are very strong! They may actually be a better deal than their actual smoke, because you get your cannabis and your beverage in one.

12. critic_of_god

critic_of_god Newbie

Reputation Points:
    31 y/o
    i think the coffeeshop reviews is a great idea. there are loads of places on the web with reviews, but drugs-forum is the best one-stop around, so it just makes sensi. ive not been to the abraxas yet, but im goin back to the dam in 13 days, so am looking forward to it!

do they have vaporizers, bongs or hookahs for use?

btw, are the pre-rolls really worth it? i have only smoked decent pre-rolls from the bulldog so far, the rest just seem hash-flavoured when compared to most dam produce. . .

13. matti_2003

matti_2003 Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.K.
    A great idea, looking forward to seeing more reviews. I am visiting Amsterdam in a few weeks so some reviews will come in handy, I will add his when he gets back.

14. podge

podge Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from ireland
    excellent idea for the forum. I went to Abraxas when he visited amsterdam......can remember the twisty staircase of death which leads to the top floor,chessboards on the tables, good service and good cannabis. ah good times !!!

15. Universal Expat

Universal Expat Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    39 y/o from kazakhstan
    This is great Alfa. I would love to see lots more of these as I and my girlfriend are planning a trip to Amsterdam (and Rotterdam to visit a friend) and can now visit my favorite website for that information as well. You could also possibly get free advertising from the coffee shop owners in the form of "read our review on Drugs-Forum" in the coffee shops that have internet access as this one does.

16. matti_2003

matti_2003 Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.K.
    Swim visited this coffeshop and was quite pleased with it. Purchased some weed (can't remember exactly, think it may have been purple haze but it ws one of the cheaper strains). The weed wasn't excellent but ok for the price. The coffeeshop was quite a friendly environment though. Some coffeeshops can make you feel uneasy because they can have dodgy characters that like to stare at you. In the Abraxas it was busier than the other coffeeshops I had visited and it seemed to be more touristy. Had a nice upstairs seeting area that was more chilled out and quieter than the busy downstairs.

The served a good selection of drinks and after swims failed attempt at rolling a spliff whilst quite drunk he decided the best option would be to purchase a milky hot chocolate and put the weed in and eat/drink the contents.

17. Sitbcknchill

Sitbcknchill Retired Platinum Member & Advisor Donating Member

Reputation Points:
    111 y/o from U.S.A.
    Re: Test review: Abraxas, Amsterdam

Damn this is the first I've seen of this......talk about being oblivious to everything...lol

18. Nagognog2

Nagognog2 Iridium Member

Reputation Points:

10 Points: Abraxas is the God mentioned in the book: Damien. Written by Herman Hesse following World War I. Fantastic read.

19. OccularFantasm

OccularFantasm Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.

I have not yet been to Amsterdam, but wishes to whenever that goal becomes feasable. It is swims suggestion of creating a tourist thread or something, as most people here seem to have been to amsterdam, and pretty much all those that havent would like to. Perhaps if people have a pace to post their favourite parts one could erect a destination list to use upon arrival, to ensure a very good time. If people disagree with this thats cool too, as it is a very nice place overall anyway. Just an Idea.

20. BlueMystic

BlueMystic Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from The Netherlands

Looking good. =)