1. Dear Drugs-Forum readers: We are a small non-profit that runs one of the most read drug information & addiction help websites in the world. We serve over 4 million readers per month, and have costs like all popular websites: servers, hosting, licenses and software. To protect our independence we do not run ads. We take no government funds. We run on donations which average $25. If everyone reading this would donate $5 then this fund raiser would be done in an hour. If Drugs-Forum is useful to you, take one minute to keep it online another year by donating whatever you can today. Donations are currently not sufficient to pay our bills and keep the site up. Your help is most welcome. Thank you.
    PLEASE HELP
    Dismiss Notice

testing codes 45105n sap 5-50 mdma/6am/T

Discussion in 'Drug testing discussion' started by Rinn, Feb 7, 2012.

1. Rinn

Rinn Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Hello... New to this forum. I was wondering if anyone knew what the T means following mdma/6am/....I figured out what the rest of it means... I think.. :)
    Thanks again....

2. Potter

Potter Platinum Member & Advisor

Reputation Points:
    Whre are you seeing this?

3. Rinn

Rinn Newbie

Reputation Points:
    This is on the testing form itself. The type of test that they give. I know it is a 5 panel and the mdma is X and 6am is opiates, but I don't know what the T stands for.
    Thanks for responding though.

4. rickster999

rickster999 Titanium Member

Reputation Points:
    It could stand for Tetrahydrocannabinol aka THC. It is usually included on a 5-panel test.

5. Rinn

Rinn Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Yeah... the five panel includes that. The 6am is an expanded opiate test, and the T is something outside of the the five panels.

6. Potter

Potter Platinum Member & Advisor

Reputation Points:
    Ask your doctor...

7. SpatialReason

SpatialReason Palladium Member

Reputation Points:
    I will be the guy here that can define this:

45105n sap 5-50 mdma/6am/T

45105n is the lab coding on the GC/MS panel run. SAP is "Substance Abuse Panel" which is defined to be a standard employee drug test. This is much different from figuring out what killed a person than what an employee is doing.

5-50: 5 is the panel standard and 50 is the ng/ml threshold confirm on the GC/MS (This means they confirm with intense accuracy only. That is good.)
    6AM: opiate panel for morphine/codeine/heroin metabolites requested additionally (stay away from prescription pain killers for the most part and heroin.)
    MDMA: this is an MDA-panel. (Any type of molly/ecstasy will generally have something in the MDA panel metabolites)
    T: (please see below)

So basically your employer has a 5 panel with a standard low threshold confirm and added a few other drugs with the panel. I hope that helps!!

Source: Me. I did a lot of drug testing research after I got bit in the ass nearly by one which could have ruined my high paying job. I spent time sleuthing their drug testing policy, making calls, and sneaking around inside DISA's employer extranet to find out what is going on.

Follow up update:

This is definitely a test panel for GC/MS. I have the lists of the testing types. So with what Micklemouse said, I will go back and redact my statement above. Yet I will leave it to serve as an example of "jumping to conclusions."

Last edited: Mar 13, 2012
  8. Rinn

Rinn Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Thanks... I really appreciate that. It very well might be just that. I work for an airline, and I don't think they spare any expense on that side of the house.... Do you think it could be tramadol? Slim chance, since ultram is the original name.... Just thinking. Thanks again.

9. Micklemouse

Micklemouse Platinum Member & Advisor

Reputation Points:
    It stands for "Test". It would be useful to know the manufacturer of the test as on some kits it indicates an invalid result (Sanitoets for example), & on some it indicates a negative result, meaning the target drug is not present. An invalid result could be due to degradation of the reagents in the kit, a diluted sample or a sample that has been left for too long before being read Tramadol is abbreviated to TRA & Ultram is a brand name not the "original" name, tricyclics to TCA & tryptamines are not tested for on a standard urinalysis kit.

Best advice, ask the tester or your doctor.

http://www.drugscreenfaq.com/

anytestkits.com

americanscreeningcorps.com

10. SpatialReason

SpatialReason Palladium Member

Reputation Points:
    Thank you Mickle for coming in and giving the information that my dumb-self, at the time, should have been able to give. I have the testing lists too. D:

I wasn't thinking and I was in haste. I will back up Micklemouse and say that this is fully correct. I have updated my previous post and put the wrong information in quotes for future readers. All the correct info is outside that.

Last edited: Mar 15, 2012
  11. Rinn

Rinn Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Thanks guys.... the T is on the form for quest labs.... Not the results, but the form that is submitted with the sample.

Thanks again