1. Dear Drugs-Forum readers: We are a small non-profit that runs one of the most read drug information & addiction help websites in the world. We serve over 4 million readers per month, and have costs like all popular websites: servers, hosting, licenses and software. To protect our independence we do not run ads. We take no government funds. We run on donations which average $25. If everyone reading this would donate $5 then this fund raiser would be done in an hour. If Drugs-Forum is useful to you, take one minute to keep it online another year by donating whatever you can today. Donations are currently not sufficient to pay our bills and keep the site up. Your help is most welcome. Thank you.
    PLEASE HELP
    Dismiss Notice

testing positive for meth?

Discussion in 'Drug testing discussion' started by devildust1972, Oct 25, 2010.

1. devildust1972

devildust1972

Reputation Points:
    Male from U.S.A.
    if an individual has been involved in the making of meth,and exposed to the chemical ingredients, but did not use or ingest any meth, will they test positive on any of the three ways to drug test?(urine,blood,hair):s:s :confused:

2. Jasim

Jasim Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    Male from U.S.A.
    Highly unlikely, but depending on the method and the setup such 'exposure' could be a very bad thing indeed with regards to health.

More on your question though, very few drugs absorb through the skin, so blood and urine showing positive is not going to happen.

Now some studies have been done that suggest hair tests can detect second-hand marijuana smoke. So it may be possible that a hair test could show a positive, but I still think it's highly unlikely. The methamphetamine would have to get into the air and onto the hair in high enough concentrations to be detectable. Most of it would be washed away with the first shower one took anyway.

3. kailey_elise

kailey_elise Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    Female from Massachusetts, U.S.A.
    DevilDust1972, there's another common method of drug testing, and that's saliva via an oral swab. Just so you know.

Jasim, couldn't some of the hair tests be picking up inhaled second-hand smoke (as well as "first-hand" smoke from the burning cannabis in the joint/bowl/bong/whatever)?

However, I agree, anything absorbed THROUGH the hair would more than likely be washed out quickly. :)

~Kailey

4. Jasim

Jasim Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    Male from U.S.A.
    That's a possibility Kailey. I was thinking that the studies were done in such a way to account for that, maybe in a controlled setting, but I'm not certain. Perhaps I can find the studies, I'll look around.