THC and heat debate

Discussion in 'Cannabis' started by sands of time, Sep 11, 2005.

1. sands of time

sands of time Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    Ok, I have noticed that the majority of marijuana smokers seem to think that THC has to be heated to be made active. I have always believed that THC does not have to be heated to be psychoactive. Heres why I feel this way...

1) Eating hash can get you high

2) "Green dragon" is made by puting weed in liquor and letting the THC get extracted. No heating required.

3) I have heard from a few reliable sources that marijuana can be eaten as is... If you really wanted to.

So what do you guys think. Anyone ever actually try eating straight dope hehe.

2. Solidly-here

Solidly-here Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    WHO thinks THC needs to be Heated?

Gee. I have never heard anyone state (seriously) that only smoked Pot will get you High.

But, now you have clearly rebutted that Point for those who have never heard of Green Dragon (Tincture). I DO know, however, from reliable my, that eaten Pot is Less effective than Tincture.

A Friend (as a Scientific Experiment) has eaten equal parts of THC: (1) Tincture, and (2) Ground-up Pot. The Tincture is More strong. My Theory: When the THC is suspended in an Oil-based liquid (or in this case, an alcohol), it is More readily digested by my Stomach.

3. sands of time

sands of time Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    Many people on this board have tried telling me THC needs to be heated.

About the experiment... Might green dragon get you higher because of the alcohol? Also, I would think that the THC in the suspension would get you higher because it would be absorbed quiker, where as the leaf matter would need to be broken down first.

4. Solidly-here

Solidly-here Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    Green Dragon ... a half-an-ounce isa good thing.

Tincture of Cannabis (Green Dragon) can get you High. You ask: "Might green dragon get you higher because of the alcohol?" By this I think you mean: Is the Alcohol getting you drunk, and that drunkenness is intensifying the THC experience?

A "normal" Dose of Green Dragon is probably about half-an-ounce. I do not know many people who can get drunk on a half-ounce of Liquor. So, I think the answer is "NO."

Now to your second Issue: "I would think that the THC in the suspension would get you higher because it would be absorbed quicker." This is what I was attempting to say in my other Post: "When the THC is suspended in...alcohol [Green Dragon], it is More readily digested by my Stomach."

5. FiLtHy1337

FiLtHy1337 Newbie

Reputation Points:
    how
    much pot is typically used in a 1 litre amount of green dragon, can any
    high proof liqure be used like vodka or is higher proof like 151 needed

6. Solidly-here

Solidly-here Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    Yes, Bartender, I want a Quart of Green Dragon . . .and hold the Ice.

FiLtHy makes his Second Post: "how much pot is typically used in a 1 litre amount of green dragon, can any high proof liqure be used like vodka or is higher proof like 151 needed?"

I am a firm believer in Tincture of Cannabis, A.K.A., Green Dragon. I have used it for almost 3 years, and IT WORKS.

For your info, this subject has been discussed quite a bit in other Threads, including "Weed into Alcohol"; when you finish-up here, you might want to read more about it.

How much Pot does it take to make a liter of Tincture? 34 Grams. I live in California. I buy my Tincture at a Cannabis Buyers Club (for Med Pot patients). Their regular-strength Tincture is made with One Gram of Pot for each ounce of Liquor. This is the standard. There is an extra-strength Tincture (sometimes); it's made with one-and-a-half Grams per ounce. I prefer the regular-strength.

What proof of Liquor should be used to make Tincture? Good news! As long as the Liquor is 60 proof, it's just fine. My favorite "mixer" is Peach-flavored Brandy.

The Buyers Clubs like to vary the "mixer" quite a bit. Sometimes I can get Bacardi 151, Vodka or Scotch. And they frequently have it in Everclear (190 proof), but this is not for the faint-of-heart.