THC Extraction

Discussion in 'Cannabis' started by cyberfunk, Aug 29, 2005.

1. cyberfunk

cyberfunk Newbie

Reputation Points:
    I found this site that gave steps for how to extract THC. Can someone tell me if this will actually work? And also if you know any other methods of extraction THC.

2. Solidly-here

Solidly-here Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    I have something in my mind . . . Is it a good Idea?

Excuse me, cyberfunk, the only way I can Yes-or-No your THC extraction method is to know what it is. Place re-Post with which Method you are talking about.

3. cyberfunk

cyberfunk Newbie

Reputation Points:
  4. Solidly-here

Solidly-here Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    Well, Truthtree's Method will work.

I read it over. I would NOT use that Method, but it will work. The hardest part of their Method is to find some 190 Proof booze (80 Proof is more than enough).

THC Extraction is covered in several Threads here at the Forum (please, UTFSE: Use The Forum's Search Engine). One is "Weed into Alcohol" where there's quite a bit of info; it is to make a Tincture of Pot, but all you have to do (to get Hash Oil) is leave the bottle open, and all of the alcohol will evaporate away.

There is another Thread which explains a One-Step Method on how to extract Hash Oil out of Pot with Butane; pretty slick.

5. cyberfunk

cyberfunk Newbie

Reputation Points:
    what about using acetone instead of the grain alchole. i read that THC dissolves really good in it. Also by the time it evaporates there should be very little toxen left. plus its not that fatal. but any opinion on this would help.

6. Solidly-here

Solidly-here Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    If Acetone works ... Do it, if you want.

Acetone is a solvent. You say that it dissolves THC into itself. If that is True, then you certainly can use Acetone to extract THC. You should just find out how much Acetone is required toExtract a specific amount of Pot.

Acetone will evaporate (and quite quickly too). This means that you can Extract the THC from an Ounce of Pot, and then leave it out until all of the Acetone is gone; this should leave you with Hash Oil.

I wonder why you want to use a different solvent. Alcohol is quick and easy, and perfectly safe. Acetone MAY be perfectly safe too, I do not know, but it smells lousy to me.

If I had a choice about which Method to use for myself (and I do have a choice) I will continue to use Booze to Extract THC. And if I want to make up a batch of Hash Oil, I will use Butane.

7. insanity

insanity Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    the best extraction i have found is called a butane honey oil extraction. u can find it at www.overgrow.com if you search for honey oil. Its the best tasting smokeable form of cannibis. try it. it WORKS! but the only thing is it requires alot ofweed.

8. pokergod0588

pokergod0588 Newbie

Reputation Points:
    in the truth tree link, can you just let the stuff out toevaporate instead of using an electric stove or will this take too long? or will it not work at all?

also it says to put more in if it isnt liquidy enough...isnt it harmful for the alcohol to be in it when u smoke it? could u just let it get almost completely thick and hard then just use water? or smoke it tht way?

this is the simplest one i found: http://www.totse.com/en/drugs/marijuana/thc-xtct.html
    does anyone know if the weed has to be fresh leaves or can it be regular street bud for extraction

sorry if some of the questions sound dumb, just new to thc oil thanks for the helpEdited by: pokergod0588

9. Solidly-here

Solidly-here Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    You can extract THC from any form (and age) of Pot.

It would be nice if more people would Use The Forum's Search Engine (UTFSE). Poker asks: "Does anyone know if the weed has to be fresh leaves or can it be regular street bud for extraction." You can extract THC out of Fresh Leaves; you can extract the THC out of 5-year-old Roaches; you can extract out of a old wooden Hash Pipe (let it soak for a while. Heck, it will even clean it too).

The Concept is: Whenever Alcohol touches THC, it dissolves that THC into itself. The THC will stay in that Alcohol forever. If you don't like the Alcohol (maybe you're an AA member), let it evaporate away ... Poof! Then you will have some Hash Oil.

To make the Alcohol evaporate, just pour the solution onto a plate. Pretty soon all of the Alcohol will be gone. So, do not bother with boiling it on the Stove (unless you are in a Big hurry).