Culture - The Century Club

Discussion in 'Alcohol' started by Motorhead, Apr 30, 2005.

1. Motorhead

Motorhead Platinum Member & Advisor

Reputation Points:
    45 y/o from Canada
    Hows it goin ya bunch o drunks? lol . Is anyone out there a member of the century club? For those who dont know what it is , one simply has to drink a shot of beer every minute for 100 minutes. Hard core rules state that u have to chug a beer if you have to leave to go piss. Thats it. How many members are there here? This is how i got drunk the first time ever when i was 14, and i only made it to 40 or so lol. I became a member a few years later once i had more drinking experience, and i did it a couple of times after that. I havent done it in a while, my super heavy hardcore drinking days are done(well mostly lol). For those who havent tried it and think it sounds simple, think again. It only works out to about 9 beers, but drinking so fast makes you smashed. The first 30 or 40 are no problem, but once you get buzzed that minute seems like a lot less. Im tellin ya its a blast, one of the best drinkin games out there.

cheers

ps for those in the states get canadian or some kind of 5% beer, oooo Yaa[​IMG]Edited by: motorhead

2. Daeron

Daeron Platinum Member & Advisor

Reputation Points:
    from gaza_strip
    we did such things when we were kids,but with a local beer that has 11% of EtOH,and the result was never pretty.Where i grew up there were practically no age limits for buying alc,so pretty soon we started doing this shit with vodka but we stopped when some guys ended up in the ER.

Nowadays we have a more ..evil type of drinking game.We go out in the country and find some of the lowest quality moonshine there is.Im talking about the things that CAN make you go blind,well almost anyway.The point is the brew should be disgusting,and with a high % of alc.Then we play some sort of a card game or whatever,and the looser has to drink a full glass of it.The point is when someone starts loosing,he will get more and more drunk,and start loosing even more...and at the end youll have a bunch of completely pissed guys in the middle of nowhere(cos these moonshiners live out in the country),drooling and begging not to have one more taste of that vile brew.

not to mention the drive home,or to be more precise-finding the right road to the highway.

oh and did i mention that after a few of them games i have really learned to hate alc.

3. korky8097

korky8097 Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    i plan on doing that next time i drink beer, i always end up getting
    hard shit, but if i get beer soon i will be sure to do it.

4. Motorhead

Reputation Points:
    45 y/o from Canada
    Right on Kork, let me know how it goes. Do it with a bunch of buddies its a riot. Im a little suprised that no one on here has tried it. I guess it must be a regional thing like so many other drinking or drugging rituals.

5. dopefiend

dopefiend Newbie

Reputation Points:
    I've done beer shots before but we just did one after the other
    continuously with 2 40's of beer each. It does get you wasted but when
    i heard of it the point was to not puke doing one after the other as
    opposed to not pissing doing a shot a minute. I really don't know how
    anyone cam drink less than an oz of beer a minute when even when
    casually drinking though. Even at 2 mouthfuls a minute your drinking
    about twice as fast, and even that doesn't really seem like alot.

As a kids game i can see it but i don't know how looped it would get an
    average drinking average weight adult. I'll try it and see how it goes
    though, peace.

Jesse

6. Motorhead

Reputation Points:
    45 y/o from Canada
    Ya it is kinda juvinile, but most drinking games are[​IMG]. But hey 100 shots is roughly 9 beer, 100 minutes is just a little longer than 1 1/2 hours. Trust me youll be feeling pretty good!Of course i do see your from Canada so i know you can hold your liquor pretty good.

cheers

7. daveman

daveman Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    finished twice. I use 1.5 oz shot glasses, so 100 shots equates to 12.5 beers.

8. Mr Man

Mr Man Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from Australia
    Yeah done it a couple of times, but as previously stated the aim was not to puke but you could go to the bathroom as much as u liked as long as u kept up(this might have required having a few up ur sleave before leaving to go) and am proud to say that have done the 150 which would equal about 12 beers or so. I also find the later ones are a lot easier as I'm pissed and cant feel how full I am!

9. Sky Walker

Sky Walker Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from earth
    I like this idea, I think I may be joining The Century Club sometime this weekend and yes I can easily see 9 beer in an hour and 40 mins fuckin' me up, can't wait, havn't really been drinkin' lately so tolerance should be way down.

Last edited: Mar 23, 2010
  10. rideburton56

rideburton56 Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    that reminds me a college drinking game we used to play to start off the night, power hour, 1 sip every minute for an hour, all the CS majors would make programs on the computer so it would like make a noise and put up some random bullshit, as certain schools now i guess they even do a power hour thing on TV

11. Wore the teeshirt

Wore the teeshirt Newbie

Reputation Points:
    A very silly but funny drinking game

Fuzzy Duck Drinking Game
    Requirements:
    Uhm... people and beer maybe?

Setup:
    Get a group of drunken people (with a pint or seven apiece) around a table.

How to play:
    Someone kicks off by saying "fuzzy duck" to the person on their left. That person repeats the phrase and the process continues clockwise around the table until someone decides to say "Does he?". Now the direction of play is reversed and the phrase changed to "ducky fuzz". This continues around the table until someone says "Does he?" again, whereupon the direction changes and the phrase reverts to "fuzzy duck". The point of the game is to say it very fast. Anyone who pauses or gets the phrase wrong must drink the pre-determined quantity; say, a pint(!) or two fingers. If anyone says "Does he?" twice in a row they incur the maximum fine and down the rest of the pint - there's nothing worse than a drinking game cheat.

Hints:
    Focus on the first two syllables of the current phrase while it's doing the rounds - think "duck" or "fuzz". Once you've reached that crucial second consonant, the rest is easy.

Additions:
    This game is enjoyable enough but it gets repetitive after a while. True pissheads can opt for the enhanced version where you alternate saying "Does he?" with "pleasant" - the direction changes and the phrase now becomes "pheasant plucker". At the next change of direction you switch to "pluck a pheasant". The gameplay reverts to "fuzzy duck/ducky fuzz" when someone says "Does he?" again. The last time my friends and I played this game we set one person up and the result was sooo funny I nearly wet myself. I much prefer these sort of games, as talking to the great white telephone after consuming 100 shots of beer is not my idea of fun.

12. Nature Boy

Nature Boy Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from ireland
    I have played the variation on The Century Club; The Hour of Power. It's 60 shots in 60 minutes.

13. Sickman

Sickman Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from Canada
    I've done the Century Club and the Power Hour - both fun, but the power hour is attainable for girls and other lightweights, and the more people the merrier. 100 shots takes more dedication and drinking ability. :D