The Clear Light: DMT vs. 5MeO DMT

Discussion in 'DMT and Ayahuasca' started by DonPeyote, May 15, 2007.

1. DonPeyote

DonPeyote Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    Which of the Mayan Twins consistently delivers one to the so-called "Clear Light" (cosmic consciousness, the Void, Nirvana, etc.):
    DMT or 5 MeO DMT?

Thanks for any and all responses!

DP

2. Heretic.Ape.

Heretic.Ape. Platinum Member & Advisor

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    My lab monkey has found that high dosage psilocybin is effective for clear light experiences. He recommends making a ceremony out of the experience, perhaps calling on the spirit of the mushroom or something to grant you a vision of the light, then lay down and follow whatever guide that shows up in the vision, letting go of everything else, all concerns, and they may lead you to the supernal light. Monkey came up with this method spontanously one night, testing certain "magickal" operations in conjunction with entheogen use, and was astounded by the results. Full death/rebirth experience with vision and absorbtion/identification with and into infinite/eternal white light. Amazing. Changed monkeys life.

3. Bajeda

Bajeda Super Moderator Platinum Member & Advisor

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    I think the reason a form of DMT is being sought in this thread is that for some, several hours of oneness with the universe without ego or self-consciousness could be a bit heavy on the mind. Smokable substances such as DMT and 5-Meo-DMT that can produce similar effects for a much shorter duration are preferable to these sorts of people, such as swim himself actually.

I think I would rather save the psilocybin for a nice relaxing day outside appreciating nature, and tend towards the DMT for the outter space / alternate dimensions voyages.

4. Nagognog2

Nagognog2 Iridium Member

Reputation Points:
    The real Clear-Light experience is known to occur with LSD-25. Not with DMT and it's elephantine cousin - 5-MeO-DMT. This is the original Clear-Light, as it consists of just that: Clear-Light. No time. No sense of self. The only feeling is pure bliss. And "A light so bright it would seem blinding, but doesn't hurt." Generally a dose in excess of 1,000mcg. (1 milligram) is needed.

DMT and 5-MeO can certainly transport one to a separate reality, but the true Clear-Light seems to be exclusive to LSD-25. Otherwise called the Clear-Light of the Void, and White-Light. Bongo had this experience once using 3,000mcg. of actual Sandoz Laboratories LSD-25.

Cosmic Consciusness is another matter entirely in it's true sense and meaning. It's not a flashing epiphany brought about by a psychedelic mind-set. Rather it's an all-pervading understanding that some people attain. And many seek.

A good book on this subject is: Cosmic Consciousness by R.M. Bucke.

5. bob_arctor

bob_arctor Titanium Member

Reputation Points:
    from sweden
    SWIM apparently once had an experience after smoking 15 mg of 5-MeO-DMT. Body reacted as usual with a fight or flight mode... a sort of state of shock the first milliseconds. The ability to constructively mentally handle this shock more often than not tends to decide which direction the experience takes SWIM. The physical aspect of this shock seems to be less with DMT, as I understand it?

After a few seconds the mental elevator was entered, with SWIM not knowing if this particular one was going to 7th heaven or the lower depths of Dante's hot underground resort. A few seconds more (or possibly an eternity?) slowly SWIM's vision started to be engulfed by a blindingly white shine which expanded out of a dimly lit lamp in the same room. Concurrent to this all anxiety and adrenalin subsided to be replaced with the sort of "psychedelic heroin:ish" feeling of "having entered the void". A depersonalized and grey - even sort of empty - feeling of content, which I feel is a signature of the 5-MeO-DMT experience. Never had this kind of white-out occured before for SWIM. The light and psychedelic effects gradually subsided, with SWIM being baseline about 50 minutes later.

The elevator had shrunk into itself, so to speak, but without the charecteristics described in earlier posts - with feelings of bliss, total egoloss and oneness. More no-oneness. Still, I thought that said experience might be relevant to the thread.

6. Heretic.Ape.

Heretic.Ape. Platinum Member & Advisor

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    Labmonkey has only succeeded in clear white light infinite-timeless-egoless-bliss ecstasy reverberating like a celestial chior through every cell of the body through psilocybin. He never had much luck with LSD in this area, finding it a better fit for the more "cosmic joke" experience of ego loss, involving an undermining of socio-psychological behavioral/thought patterns and the oh-so-hard-to-express-when-you're-not-frying "I am That" style satori. I'll go post his experience with the light in the mushroom trip reports thread some time. It was a good one. Labmonkey couldn't tell you about the substances in question but is under the impression that (much to Strassman's dismay) DMT is more fit for exploring alternate realities than serving as catalysts for spiritual experiences (not to say metaphysical componant is not likely to spur one in the direction of some mystical philosophy--read some gnostic lit after reading DMT accounts).
    Note to self: also write a review of Strassmans book; everyone seems to look over the fact that most of his conclusions were not very well supported by his research data and simply stated what he was hoping to find at the beginning.
    Oh, Bajeda: monkey says the total ego loss time was very small in the context of overall trip...maybe 15 minutes at maximum peak before coming back down enough to just feel awsome that monkey had just had such an experience. But it is hard to guage, he says, when one is in a state of timeless bliss. ;) But there was of course the crazy rocket ride to that point that may be unsettling for many.

7. Wolfsblood

Wolfsblood Newbie

Reputation Points:
    SWIM ingested a hefty dose of wash which sent them to the light. So bright that the land, body, and soul was being peeled upward into the light. Intense doesnt give it justice. Reflecting on the experience is overwhelming awe and a new found understand of what people meant when they say they saw "god on LSD".

Love and light

Wolfsblood

8. Pinkadelic

Pinkadelic Newbie

Reputation Points:
    29 y/o
    3 thousand mics???
    wow, I am pretty newbie in the lsd business then... I thought 700 mics are a lot. :O