1. Dear Drugs-Forum readers: We are a small non-profit that runs one of the most read drug information & addiction help websites in the world. We serve over 4 million readers per month, and have costs like all popular websites: servers, hosting, licenses and software. To protect our independence we do not run ads. We take no government funds. We run on donations which average $25. If everyone reading this would donate $5 then this fund raiser would be done in an hour. If Drugs-Forum is useful to you, take one minute to keep it online another year by donating whatever you can today. Donations are currently not sufficient to pay our bills and keep the site up. Your help is most welcome. Thank you.
    PLEASE HELP
    Dismiss Notice

Health - The Dangers of Coricidin Cough and Cold (DXM)

Discussion in 'DXM' started by Tekk, Dec 28, 2003.

1. Tekk

Tekk Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Coricidin contains 30mg of Dextromethorphan HBr and4mg Chlorpheniramine Meleate. Recreational use of this product should be avoided.

High doses ofChlorphenniramine Meleatecan cause severe and life-threatening symptoms including seizures, loss of consciousness, bleeding from skin, mouth, rectum, and vagina, and possibly death. Some brands, including Coricidin Cough and Cold contain Chlorpheniramine maleate.

I hope this will educate anybody who is not aware of the dangers of abusing Coricidin.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 11, 2007
  2. 2pacc

2pacc Newbie

Reputation Points:
    An anonymous letter I just found in my mailbox:

3. beenthroughit

beenthroughit Newbie

Reputation Points:
    In my rabbit's experiences the way to go is 99.9% pure powder dxm, its better in so many ways, heres a few:

No risks like seizures from cordicidin
    More open feeling (as opposed to the boxed in effect sometimes associated with robotripping)
    The rabbit personally always woke up the next day feeling like a million bucks, enlightened and full of energy
    One can fit twice as much dxm as dex into a DexAlone sized empty pill
    Overall the trip is cleaner, but I must advise against making one's own pills without a scale that can measure grams to .05 or a scale that can do milligrams.
    If one can't get any powder there are some sites on the web about exracting it from robo, which one of my friends did very sucessfully

4. 2pacc

2pacc Newbie

Reputation Points:
    A second letter, apparently from the same anonymous dood:

5. BA

BA Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Male from U.S.A.
    2pacc's anonymous pen friend:

If you had done a search here ( at the top of the page 2 from the right, you'll see a search button)on Coricidin, you would have read that about it. This is not a flame, it's a fact! Good to see you're ok !

Please everyone, research or ask about a drug you've never taken, but remember everyone is different, no one can tell how it's going to react on you!

6. beenthroughit

beenthroughit Newbie

Reputation Points:
    I don't know about Robo DM, but any syrups or pills with active ingredients other than Dextromethorphan Hydrobromide or Dextromethorphan Polistirex are not safe. Some mixtures I know of that are unsafe are DXM and Chlorpheniramine Maleate and DXM and Pseudoephedrine

7. ChokingxVictim

ChokingxVictim Newbie

Reputation Points:
    The dose of cpm doesnt even have to be very high, 8 ccc pills have been known to kill, be very care with that shit, there are other ways to trip off dxm. there is a extraction methed to get pure dxm from CCC, it gets out the deadly cpm.

Dexalone is a much better pill to take, it is pure dxm at 30mg per pill.

8. Hydrocodone

Hydrocodone Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Dont mess with CCC's, in an ignorant attempt to get high before SWIM was uniformed about the consequences of taking them he took 16 of them. He sat there for hours, thinking he was going to keel over, not fun..

9. sands of time

sands of time Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Male
    CCC's are definately dangerous. If you are going to use DXM look at the ingrediants first to make sure its pure DXM, or if your lucky enough, get pure DXM powder. I think they sell this stuff only in Canada but it doesn't hurt to look around.

10. RoboCop

RoboCop Platinum Member & Advisor

Reputation Points:
    Male from earth
    Hydrocone is not in CCC's cpm is the other ingredient in CCC's and it does not get you high, it is dangerous to take at high dosages. dxm and cpm both go through the liver in the same way and from what i read in research ( ive done alot of it on this subject ) It really kills the liver to take the two together.Grab a bottle of Robo Cough and cold and chugg a 8 oz. The high will be better than taking 16 CCC's , and it cant kill you. Sure it tastes gross but chugg it and use a chaser, its worth the trip. ( dexalones, and robo cough gels are alright also ) although if you want the same dose from robo cough gels as an 8 oz of syrup you will need to take over 40 pills.

40 robo pills = 600mg dxm

20 Dexalones = 600mg dxm(dexalones are twice the size of robo cough)

one 8oz = 706mg dxm

11. Orchid_Suspiria

Orchid_Suspiria Newbie

Reputation Points:
    38 y/o Male
    A warning about coricidin cough and cold

SWIM and a friend decided it would be a good day to robotrip,it was a sunny December day and they had nothing to do so why not?First they needed the ingredients so we visited the local grocery stores medicine aisle.The only product they could find that didn't also have acetaminophen was coricidin so they proceeded to buy this.

SWIM got to his friends house and took eight of the little red pills,they visited another friends house and did two large lines of cocaine and this other friend gave them a small amount of cocaine for some of the fish they were frying for dinner.Abit later in the process of cooking the fish the dxm started to kick in.They were blaring Radiohead and having a grand old time.

They then proceeded to SWIM friends' fathers house where they smoked some weed and did the cocaine.Now SWIM's friends dad has a hottub in the backyard so SWIM,his friend and his friends wife decided to take a dip.Things got bad for SWIM.He felt confused,the cold air and the stimulation of the cocaine made him feel very uncomfortable.The hot tub made him feel as if he was burning up and the dxm gave him closed eye visuals of hell fire and doom.He said he had to get out and now!They went back to SWIM's friends house and SWIM collapsed on the floor heartpounding fast.SWIM had read somewhere not to combine the cpm ingredient in coricidin with stimulants and that cpm alone could dangerously raise the heart rate.SWIMS friend then started feeling very bad and he and SWIM kept asking if they were alright knowing full and well neither were.

SWIM's friends wife finally got them to confess what all they were on and looked up coricidin on the internet and read the fearful things it could do in an overdose.They all debated if they should go to the hospital,SWIM and his friend in a state of confusion,terror,and discomfort.SWIM got in the shower at room temperature hoping that might help and collapsed to the shower floor thinking that this was death and begging forgiveness for every bad thing he had done in his life of 28 years while strange but brightly ugly geometric fireworks burst everywhere distorting his vision.

A few hours later SWIM and his friends heart rates got back to normal and the actualy dxm experience from then on wasn't entirely bad.The next morning they both felt awful and talked about how greatful they were to be alive.

This is a warning if you want to do dxm coricidin is not the way to go and that combining dxm with cocaine or any other stimulant is not always such a wise idea either.The box those little red pills come in should have a skull and crossbones on it.

12. Pinkavvy

Pinkavvy Platinum Member & Advisor Donating Member

Reputation Points:
    Male from U.S.A.
    Re: A warning about coricidin cough and cold

Glad swiy learned their lesson; it's a shame swiy had to learn it the hard way. There's many warning all over the interenet, and especially this site, talking about the dangers of CPM in Coricidin.

13. Orchid_Suspiria

Orchid_Suspiria Newbie

Reputation Points:
    38 y/o Male
    Re: A warning about coricidin cough and cold

The sad thing is SWIM had actually read many of these warnings but for some strange reason decided to do it anyways,and SWIM usually isn't a stupid person.

14. zafada

zafada Newbie

Reputation Points:
    38 y/o Male
    Wow so yeah, registering was a pain in my anus.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 25, 2008
  15. BrainMelt

BrainMelt Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    Male from U.S.A.
    Re: Other drugs in Coricidin Cough & Cold

Swim almost died from taking this shit. He was doing it 2 days in a row and after he thought it had worn off the second day, he had the most horrifying/traumatic experience in his entire life. He was on the brink of death, passing out several times, uncontrolable arm movements, feeling like his brain was on fire, left eye felt like it was gonna explode(this lasted for a week) and a slew of other things. This led to 6 months, in and out of hospitals, feeling like he could not think straight, seeing some visual distortions and extreme anxiety. Thankfully after about 6 months it went away. Don't mess with this garbage.

16. eche05

eche05

Reputation Points:
    Male
    Coricidin is subject to frequent abuse by alternative drug-seekers due to it's availability. I have personally experienced a wide variety of dextromethorphan experience throught the use of coricidin, and have emperical evidence that the anti-histamine makes the trip significantly less plesent, as well as causing severe mentel inhibation as opposed to straight dextromethorphan HBr which minimally effects my mental state.

17. BadLilMasochist

BadLilMasochist Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Female
    SWIM uses Coricidin (about 20pills each trip) she hasn't had any problem except the hangover effect the next couple days.BUT after repeatedly hearing about all the bad effects SWIM is trying to move away from it because she knows its only a matter of time b4 she has one VERY bad trip. Is there SWIY that has tried coricidin and switched and has any recommendations on sumthing that is jus as good.
    NOTE:SWIM has had only good highs on coricidin...so far.

18. Quaghmire12

Quaghmire12 Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Male
    You guys just do delsym its striaght DXM 30mg seriously its so good

19. analeave

analeave Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Female from Georgia, U.S.A.
    My daughter started abusing Coricidin last year. She became psychotic & delusional and was taken to Emergency from a party, 1013, inpatient for 10 days. She spent most of last summer in the hospital. 3rd time they diagnosed her Bipolar 1. There is no family history of mental illness. Within the past year she's been hospitalized 8 times, spending 6-13 days each time. I found empty Coricidin packets 4-5 of those. Coricidin is ruining her life. She was unable to attend college Fall 2011, and requested a hardship withdrawal Spring 2012. Lately, other than following me around, she has completely isolated herself. She's currently in ER awaiting transfer to a psychiatric facility. I'm now doubtful she;ll come out of this and be able to function on her own.