The diary alexdigital

Discussion in 'Cannabis' started by alexdigital, Mar 21, 2005.

1. alexdigital

alexdigital Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Hi all,

I'm new here but I have been reading quite a few of the previous threads.

I've been smoking weed for a good few years now, starting slowly at first, every couple of weeks up until now where I smoke 1 - 3 joints a day during the week.

I've decided that I need to limit my intake, if not remove it completely but i'm struggling.

If i go for lengths of time without smoking my desire for a joint can become umbearable. I know that its probably due to my surroundings and the familiarity of "doing" certain things while having a smoke.

I know that the addiction is mostly Psycological rather than physical. Having struggled with a Gambling addiction in the past, which I have now broken i'm sure I can control this.

Ideally I want to go back to my early smoking days where I smoked to get High, when I wanted to. Not because I needed too.

So from today I'm hoping leave the gear alone, for at least a week.

I'll keep posting here as it goes, and if anyones else is considering controlling their weed intake why not join me ? Working together on this i'm sure that those of us with a problem can get this under control.

Love to hear from ya.

-Alex

2. Iggypoop

Iggypoop Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.K.
    I've been smoking fairly regularly for the past few years and i want to give up for a while. I have given up in the past for months at a time in order to be eligable to do clinical trials, its all about breaking the cycle if you ask me. I found it really hard in the beginning and got iritable but when you have stopped for a while it makes you feel good because you know that you can give it up whenever. I've got a little weed grow in my basement at the moment (bout1 month of finishing) so thats my target, i'm up for it, lets do this thing! lol

If you wanna pm me for a chat or whatever feel free, i'm always about here somewhere!

3. WhiteRyan

WhiteRyan Newbie

Reputation Points:
    I think with any drug its hard to hold onto and only use occasionally. They always go up. Only until you have another drug you will slow down on another drug. Theirs always a dominant drug. I bet if you picked up another drug you could wing off pot.

But that in itself defeats your goal.

4. alexdigital

alexdigital Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Not going too bad today although as the end of the day approaches i know it might get a bit more tricky.

Gonna try and keep my mind of it and stay cheerful. Will keep you updated. I think if I get over today its down hill until the weekend.

5. Iggypoop

Iggypoop Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.K.
    Get over the 'three day hump' and you'll prolly be fine, i'm not having a problem today, its all good because i've been out driving to keep my mind off it!

p.s hope i'm not annoying you getting in on your diary like this!Edited by: iggypoop2

6. purplehaze

purplehaze Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    Not trying to dis anybody but shouldnt this post be moved to the drug rehab part of this site?

7. alexdigital

alexdigital Newbie

Reputation Points:

Nah its cool.

be back on later to let you know.

So far so good :)

8. alexdigital

alexdigital Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Well.

As long as I don't sit infront of bored I seem to be ok.

Had a little bit of stress with my girlfriend tho. The depression and Stress seems to come in waves so quite easy to handle.

I think Nicotine may be behind them.

-Alex

9. Daeron

Daeron Platinum Member & Advisor

Reputation Points:
    from gaza_strip
    all I can say be thankfull youre just having problems with weed.

Maybe you should divide your drugs in two groups: one that you respect and another that you dont.LSD,2c-x,weed,spec.K are in my first group,while mdma will be there shortly,too.

good luck,let you the memory of your first highs be you main motivation,do you remember the excitement,the body feeling...damn now I wanna have some[​IMG]

10. alexdigital

alexdigital Newbie

Reputation Points:

Thats a good idea.

Well last night I went to bed, quite early, without having a spliff. Took a while to get to sleep, even tho I was tired.

My sleep was different. I woke up just after midnight thinking i'd been asleep for ages and it was time to get up.

This morning my head is clear, and the depression has subsided. I hope
    today is easy and i'm looking forward to a nice high on the weekend.

Thanks for all your comments.