Smoking - The English Art-----Shotties

Discussion in 'Cannabis' started by grecian, Mar 14, 2005.

1. grecian

grecian Iridium Member

Reputation Points:
    from aruba
    From earlier posts i have noticed that swims favourite smoking technique is practically unheard of outside the uk... so in the forum spirit il try and explain it for those of u who dont kno

SHOTTIES

Basically very similar to smoking bongs. EXCEPT you dont want a bowl fitted to the end of the tube. so now u just have the tube to work with. ok roll a small amount of tobacco between ur finger and thumb (this should be done with rolling tobacco NOT regular cigarette tobacco as it is too dry). when the baccy has become fairly firm and rounded (to about the same width as your tube) place it in the top of the tube.

Try to ensure that the baccy is spread uniformly accros the top of the tube WITHOUT gaps.

Thats the difficult part over now just "stamp" the baccy end of the tube into ur weed or solid spread as many times as u like... i normally go for about 10-20. now place the tube into the bong, and smoke as u would a bong UNTIL u notice the baccy and weed starting to drop down the tube (the bong should be practically full of smoke by now) and then release the shotgun hole and enjoy...

well lots of ppl hate the sound of this and then hate it more when they actually do it but once u learn how U like to pack them and smoke them it can be a very satisfying way to smoke... especially in groups.

If theres any other shotty lovers out there then let me kno about ur experiences.

Last edited: Nov 10, 2006
  2. Djvr16

Djvr16 Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    I love shotties, but what you are talking about seems like the normal way to hit a bong [​IMG]I always thought shotties were someone put the lit end of a joint/bowl/blunt in their mouth and blew out into someone elses mouth. Blunts rule for shotties :D

3. grecian

grecian Iridium Member

Reputation Points:
    from aruba
    maybe its just a case of linguistic differences. for me a bong has to have a bowl and NO baccy. for example i know a lot of people who smoke "bongs" but refuse to smoke "shotties". So the way u smoke ur bongs u dont have a bowl on the tube?

4. Muirner

Muirner Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.K.
    What djvr16 is saying is a "Shotty" to him, and to me is when your smoking a blunt and you let it get down to about |----------------| or decent size, you take the blunt and you put the cherry into your mouth, and then blow through the blunt blowing smoke out the end where you would normally hit, you get a friend to put their mouth a decent distance away from the blunt (what ever is comfy) and they suck in, the smoke goes from the end of the blunt into their mouth.

For me a bong does have to have a bowl on it.. not on the tube... but on the bubble... The slide goes into a stem, and then you suck in through the tube pull the "bowl" aka slide out and there is your carb, suck and the smoke goes through the tube into your mouth.. your typical bong... no baccy here in the US goes into a bong, just buds. if you wanna smoke baccy i go to my friend and we make a hookah up that he has from Seria (sp?) and it is ment to smoke baccy out of

I think this is a case of linguistic differences.

Muirner

5. grecian

grecian Iridium Member

Reputation Points:
    from aruba
    its funny how there are so amny similar terms meaning different things around the world. i recently moved from the west of england to london. that is only 200 miles and the language used for smoking techniques etc. are noticebly different. its time someone published a smokers dictionary. i would but.... im too lazy.

6. searcher

searcher Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from Massachusetts, U.S.A.
    We do "shotguns" but I always burn my tongue or the roof of my mouth.

7. Muirner

Muirner Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.K.
    The simple fix to that searcher is to not put the cherry in your mouth so far... if you only put in enough to get the cherry behind your teeth so you can keep ahold of the blunt with your lips/teeth (gently) if needed. When you blow through it dont lift your tongue up to search for what's in your mouth, you already know that you have a hot cherry, so stay relaxed.... you will get it over time, after burning your tongue a few times i'm sure u'll be sick of it

Muirner

8. hazeinmybong2

hazeinmybong2 Newbie

Reputation Points:
    33 y/o
    shotguns are sweet, especially when administered by a creature of the opposite sex

9. purplehaze

purplehaze Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    LOL definitally but when im getting a shotgun from a guy i always put one of my hands in his and make sorta a cup and blow the smoke through the cup, seems the best way to make it not look gay and get all the smoke.

10. psychobill90

psychobill90 Newbie

Reputation Points:
    swims favorite form of a shot gun involves using an actual shot gun(the thing that you put plastic tubes with brass ends filled with gun powder, and either lead or steel BBs in) You first check to make sure no bullets are in the gun... then hide the gun in closet... when a friend comes over to smoke weed with swim... smoke some weed, and then pull the shot gun out, and point it in their face, and say in a firm demanding voice, put your mouth on this, so i can blow you away, and when they do it, take and put the joint backwards in You mouth, and blow your hit out threw the shot gun...

11. OpiateWarrior

OpiateWarrior Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    The best way ta smoke a shottie is get a brass pipe about 8 or 9ml diameter. I can't remember exactly but all you have to do is, when in the pipe shop, try a cigarette into the pipes till you find one it fits perfectly. I'm sure its 8 or 9ml or the close equivalent in "/imperial, buy the one it fits in best. Then when making the shottie, just push the cig in and cut it with a sharp knife about 3mm's in to the pipe. Use this to then stab down on a pile of weed/hash, the thin ciggy plug in the end will hold onto the hash/weed. Then when you burn it, smoke it through the water slowly until nearly burnt through, and suck hard to pop it down the pipe. That's how ya smoke a shottie, just try it?!

12. Chemically_Altered

Chemically_Altered Newbie

Reputation Points:
    from U.K.
    Shotties are SWIM's favourite way to smoke weed, doesn't use much weed per one and gets you baked after a few!

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 4, 2009