1. Dear Drugs-Forum readers: We are a small non-profit that runs one of the most read drug information & addiction help websites in the world. We serve over 4 million readers per month, and have costs like all popular websites: servers, hosting, licenses and software. To protect our independence we do not run ads. We take no government funds. We run on donations which average $25. If everyone reading this would donate $5 then this fund raiser would be done in an hour. If Drugs-Forum is useful to you, take one minute to keep it online another year by donating whatever you can today. Donations are currently not sufficient to pay our bills and keep the site up. Your help is most welcome. Thank you.
    PLEASE HELP

Drug info - The First Time Questions and Advice Thread

Discussion in 'Magic Mushrooms (Psilocybe & Amanita)' started by stndguy, Mar 2, 2004.

1. stndguy

stndguy Newbie

Reputation Points:
    I am about to try boomers for the first time. he has to do them alone. any advice as to how to go about getting some kick ass visuals and a great trip?

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 11, 2008
  2. OneDiaDem

OneDiaDem Nefelibata Platinum Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.K.
    Setting is everything. Have everything you think you will need close at hand. Music, movies, trip toys. I actually prefer to eat them alone. I always worry about people freaking out whenI trip with people. There are very few that I will eat them with. Do not do anything if you feel yourself panick. Just tell yourself it will pass, and you will be fine. You are gonna love em. The visuals are like fractals in a picture. Things morph, breathe and take on life of their own. Colors take on life.Give us a report on how you liked em.

3. plexus

plexus Newbie

Reputation Points:
    i disagree about the setting, you shouldnt worry about it much... i mean, its important to have a positive setting, but you shouldnt worry about having trip toys and the right music and what not... anything and everything will become a trip toy and just pop in any CD.... all music is great on shrooms... just stay away from slayer and cannibal corpse... floyd and tool are great... but the best music to trip to is complete silence.... just remember... nothing bad is going to happen to you... people have been taking them for thousands of years. stay positive. have a good time.

4. Shroomerite42

Shroomerite42 Newbie

Reputation Points:
    yeah I agree with plexus, just take them and let yourself be overcome, it's the best way.

5. OneDiaDem

Reputation Points:
    from U.K.
    I agree to a certain extent. This was a first trip, and they need everything handy. Plus he/she was going to be alone. Better to be prepared in a situation like that. Trip toys are optional. I dont use them, but alot of folks do. The main point was comfort to keep the ride pleasant.

6. Ouija

Ouija Newbie

Reputation Points:
    STNDGUY, hello, I can give a description of the general effects of psilicybe mushrooms now, and I might be able to help with a more acurate description of the effects you can expect if you could let me know which mushroom you mean by 'boomer'? We don't have that particular slang(?) term in the UK, where I've been known to grow one or two shroomies.

You can expect to feel the mushrooms build up mentaly and physicaly over the space of around an hour (average) if your eating fresh shroom. Mushrooms are euphoric, and as the other contributers to this thread have sujested expectation x mushroom = effect. So if left to your own devices the chances are the euphoric aspect of the alkaloids will combine with the expectation=effect equasion to give you pleasant trip.

You can go on to develop your mind to an increadable degree through the use of mushrooms, easily directing some of your experiences as a kind of material lucid dream (but this is a metaphor, it's obviously notclosely like a dream, I just mean the same sort of mental discipline is requiredto directboth situations).

The whole experience will last for about 6 hours, peaking after 3.

Try sitting in a completley dark room to maximise visuals. I use keywords like the word 'nice' which I repeat as a mantra if I want to bring about a super calm feeling and make disney style cartoon sparkles slowly shine of mundane items, or the word 'intoxicated' to make myself feel champagne drunk. On mushrooms the sky is not the limit, and neither is a mundane imagination as you will tuned in to an ancient oneness, mentaly turbocharged, enlightenment has always been readily found through these sacred psilicybes.

AS THEY SAY IN THE VALLEYS - SEND THE LURVE ROUND -

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 6, 2011
  7. Guest

Guest Guest

Reputation Points:
    Combined First Time Questions and Advice Thread

Please post only first time questionsand answers in this thread.

On my first time, wich was a few weeks ago on the last day of freshman year, What the people i was doing them with were saying that they were bad shrooms because there was hardly any caps, and caps have all of the psilosiben(sp?). Well, i didnt hallucinate or anything, i luaghed all the time though, and for really long periods of time. We went to boohbah.com/zone and i was lying on the ground sweating buckets, my hair was completely wet and my clothes were drenched, and it wasnt even hot out. So, i was lying on the floor covered in sweat watching that website, laughing uncontrollably for about an hour and 45 minutes. I just laid there for almost 2 hours luaghing. After that we walked over to safeway and got some food, the inside of the stoor seemed really loud and the moving of objects seem odd. Then on the way back i almost stepped on a snake and i jumped up and screamed, then started luaghing hysterically again. then we all chased it and tried to capture it. after the shrooms wore off we bought an ounce of ganj and smoked it all up and saw fear and loathing in las vegas at the movie theater, what a great friday night/saturday morning.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 19, 2008
  8. manda

manda Palladium Member

Reputation Points:
    The visual and sensory highs are the best part.

That sucks. It's better than doing more than a comfortable high though. I did not like the way I felt when I ate 3/4 of an 1/8. My visuals were way too intense, the people I was with not close friends, so I couldn't relax and trip in front of them. I just tripped out. I laid on the ground outside of their apartment and just tripped...they didn't tell me to move or really mess with me at all- I'm glad they didn't start stressing about cops, they just let me be.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 14, 2009
  9. bongboy831

bongboy831 Newbie

Reputation Points:
    i hate when i take shrooms and u have that weird stomach feeling and thenhalluncinations, thenintense euphoria, and then the feeling of regretwith constant thoughts racing through ur head.... at least that's how my first time was...half an 1/8 with tea, yummy yum

10. str8ballin

str8ballin Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    My first time tripping and only time,I'd see shit and laugh uncontrolable,and then a few minutes later I would realize that I wasn't trippin anymore.Then I'd drink some oj and smoke alot of weed and I'd feel it again.It just seemed like the trip would stop and go, stop and go.It was pretty cool though.I just think I needed to eat more caps.

11. WEEDSTER

WEEDSTER Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Magic mushroom questions and myths

i am very new to this new world of shrooming and do not know a whole lot. Ive only done them twice... the first time was a half an 8th and the second a full. both times i had a blast and it seemed like the perfect drug. Once i told friends about this new drug i was sooned pounded with many romurs that i still dont know are true or not...

here they are

1. they are very bad for your brain

2. you can only do them 3 times a month or else you will start acting "not your self" almost like they make you stupid or a major druggy

3. after 7 times in one week you are legaly insane

these are just a few that bring up my main question.... how often can i do shrooms. The kind that i get are Blue Caps if that matters.

12. Alfa

Alfa Productive Insomniac Staff Member Administrator

Reputation Points:
    116 y/o from The Netherlands
    1. no

2. no, but I do advise you to land, before you take of again. This means a few weeks rest before you take mushies again.

3. no, you are insane on the moment that you consider to do them 7 times a week. But this doesn't have anything to do with the drug itself. Nevertheless doingany kind of drug7 times a week can not be healthy.

13. WEEDSTER

WEEDSTER Newbie

Reputation Points:
    today during my talks of shrooms people also told me that they screw up your eyes. After awhile of shrooming your pupels have inlarged so much that when you look far away you see a dark spot?..... true, false?

If there are any downsides to this drug that you know it would help as well

14. geordie

geordie Newbie

Reputation Points:
    that is also false, although you may have slightly blurred vision for aning from a couple of hours to a couple of days afterwards but this is just a side effect and not unusual, it doesnt happen to everyone anyway.

15. OneDiaDem

Reputation Points:
    from U.K.
    Its best to wait a couple weeks between trips. You could go once a week, but remember, the sooner you dose after a trip, the more you will to get the same effects. Tolerance builds really fast on these guys.

16. WEEDSTER

WEEDSTER Newbie

Reputation Points:
    the rumors keep coming

Shrooms are egual to a six pack of beer when it comes to damage to your body?

True, False ?

17. Antidote

Antidote Newbie

Reputation Points:
    31 y/o
    I would say that a six pack of beer would be worse for your body than a trip, however, dont take shrooms too lightly. Psychedelic drugs deserve your respect; they can give you a real pschological ass-whooping if you are not in a good state of mind.

18. D.U.M.B

D.U.M.B Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    Like antidote said ^

Don't take shrooms too lightly but also don't believe half the rubbish you see. you did the right thing in coming to this forum and asking the questions you asked.

I am unaware of any physical damage ever being reported after mushie use.

It's more of a mental thing, remember the key things, envoirnment, mental state at time of taking etc.

And if it does go down hill tell yourself these key words that have helped me through my drug use.

"It's just something you ate"

19. discobloodbath

discobloodbath Newbie

Reputation Points:
    from the website good drugs guide:

Are magic mushrooms poisonous?
    No. Psilocybin mushrooms are not toxic. The National Institute For Occupational Safety And Heath (NIOSH) in the US Psilocybin (641) is rated less toxic than Aspirin (199) and Nicotine (21).

However, the main danger is in mistakenly picking poisonous, non-magic mushrooms. Do not gather mushrooms unless you know what you are doing.

danger:Mushrooms have no known adverse side-effects, other than leaving you feeling fatigued and probably surrounded by a load of mad paintings and some half-eaten chocolate bars.

However, Magic Mushrooms and other psychedelics are powerful mental amplifiers. If you are feeling depressed, anxious, sick at the world, at the quality of modern television, at rampant consumerism, at life in general, do not take psychedelics.

Mushroom effects and your reaction to them are strongly determined by set and setting. Set is your mindset when taking the drug; setting is where you are.

The magic mushroom effect makes you enormously sensitive to your environment so you should always be in a safe, comfortable environment, preferably with a friend you trust.

Tolerance:</font>tolerance builds up rapidly with mushrooms. For 24 hours after a trip you have to take twice as much to repeat the same effect. Tolerance lasts about three to four days

20. Alfa

Alfa Productive Insomniac Staff Member Administrator

Reputation Points:
    116 y/o from The Netherlands