1. Dear Drugs-Forum readers: We are a small non-profit that runs one of the most read drug information & addiction help websites in the world. We serve over 4 million readers per month, and have costs like all popular websites: servers, hosting, licenses and software. To protect our independence we do not run ads. We take no government funds. We run on donations which average $25. If everyone reading this would donate $5 then this fund raiser would be done in an hour. If Drugs-Forum is useful to you, take one minute to keep it online another year by donating whatever you can today. Donations are currently not sufficient to pay our bills and keep the site up. Your help is most welcome. Thank you.
    PLEASE HELP

Drug info - The First Time Questions and Advice Thread

Discussion in 'Magic Mushrooms (Psilocybe & Amanita)' started by stndguy, Mar 2, 2004.

1. Coconut

Coconut Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from earth
    Re: My first time shroom plan.

Q1: Yes.
    Q2: Yes.

This is really a matter of opinion. King Sperm says he finds the taste of magic mushrooms to be nauseating, but a friend of his thinks they're delicious. The majority of people seem to find shroom tea in particular to be repugnant.

King Sperm is far from a newbie tripper but even he wouldn't try to smoke Cannabis while tripping. Aside from positive enhancement of the trip, it can cause serious paranoia, anxiety and fear.

2. I.H.D.W.W.A.P

I.H.D.W.W.A.P Newbie

Reputation Points:
    from U.K.
    A couple months ago I was talking to three of my mates who had taken shrooms and it was interesting that out of the three, two of them enjoyed the experience. Especially the visuals and the atmosphere of the room. The three of them were sitting in a dark room with no music together. As time went by two of them said that they were fascinated with what they could see however, unluckily for the third person really did not enjoy themselves. And from that night the two that enjoyed it only do it on the rare occasion just to enjoy what they see however, the third one hasn't touch a shroom since.

3. jmann

jmann Newbie

Reputation Points:
    26 y/o from U.S.A.
    I have gotten ahold of some golden tip shroooms

I has half an eighth of golden tip. I have never taken shrooms and was wondering if half an eighter will get swim tripping? I have heard that it makes your stomache hurt and possibly puke? how long does this last?

4. Moving Pictures

Moving Pictures Titanium Member

Reputation Points:
    29 y/o from U.S.A.
    Re: I have gotten ahold of some golden tip shroooms

I dunno what "golden tip" is. But half an eight is enough. Swim actually tripped from half a gram on his first but he thinks he had really strong fuckers. The nausea usually ended after an hour or so but I amn't very experienced with mushrooms. Everyone's mileage can vary.

5. coolhandluke

coolhandluke Titanium Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.

I has never experienced much nausea, or stomach pain, but for some reason he found that peeing was painful, and hard to do. would like to add I has little personal experience with shroom, around 15 uses. a half an eighth of decent shrooms would do the trick.

6. ianzombie

ianzombie Platinum Member & Advisor

Reputation Points:
    42 y/o from ireland

A sixteenth is enough to feel the effects of mushrooms for sure. I am not sure what Golden Tips are but he presumes that is some sort of local slang for Psilocybe Cubensis, possibly Golden teachers?
    A sixteenth (half an eight) is 1.75 grams which is between a low and medium dose, if they are of good potency then its plenty to get good effects from.

As for feeling sick, there is no definite answer. You might feel nauseous or they might not. That all depends on a lot of things but mushrooms don't generally make people feel ill.
    Some people complain that mushrooms make them sick and it could be for a lot of reasons. A lot of people don't generally eat mushrooms let alone raw or dried mushrooms so they might find the taste disgusting and hard to take which could in turn make them feel queasy.
    Some people just have weak stomachs but more often than not people don't feel sick after eating them unlike some other hallucinogenic drugs.

Swim recommends not dwelling on it at all, thinking You is going to feel sick is more likely to bring on some nausea than the mushrooms themselves.

As its Swiys first time taking mushrooms I would recommend taking them somewhere they feel safe and comfortable and with people they can trust not to mess around with them and to look after them should they feel uncomfortable at any time.

You should read up as much as they can on the mushrooms effects and other peoples experiences so that they know what to expect, both the positive and the negative.
    If You does feel uncomfortable at any time just remind themselves that mushrooms when taken sensibly are a very safe drug and the effects only last a few hours, the peak comes on fast and things get easier as the time passes.

Its probably best to avoid public places, at least until You has some experience with mushrooms and knows what to expect. Make sure that I am in a good mood and that there is nothing worrying or upsetting on Swiys mind when they take them. Stay at home and relax with some friends. Talk or listen to music and most importantly have a good time.

7. alsnowflak3

alsnowflak3 Newbie

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    Hello everyone. I took about 2.5 grams for her first time shrooming and after about an hour she could no longer walk and was laying and rolling around on the floor for a while, swim’s boyfriend tried to make her get up and walk but she could not and wanted to stay on the floor. Is this normal? Swim also had 3 beers and smoked a bowl before taking the shrooms, could this have affected it? Eventually she was okay and had a great time. However I was thinking about taking some shrooms at a rave and does not want this to happen, should she just take less...or if I took more, like an eighth, is it possible she would not be able to walk for even longer?

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 10, 2017
  8. SamanthaRabbit

SamanthaRabbit Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    I would have to say that it is pretty normal to get so high that you lay and roll around on the floor if you eat 2.5 grams of shrooms for a first time. Swim's first time on mushrooms she said and did some of the funniest things that she has probably ever done in her entire life. Swim definitely did some rolling on the ground with uncontrollable laughter.

From Swim's experience with shrooms and raves and she never took more than half of an 1/8th of mushrooms because it can be overwhelming at a rave, in some ways more so than MDMA or street XTC can be.

SamanthaRabbit added 2 Minutes and 19 Seconds later...

If You was rolling on the ground from 2.5 grams You could end up rolling on the ground at a rave from an 1/8th

Last edited: Sep 19, 2010
  9. dodgytrainers

dodgytrainers Newbie

Reputation Points:
    from U.K.

I think that You is getting very good advice swim also recommends You to be relaxed cormfortable and safe before eating or drinking anything that is at 1st very difficult to swallow and that may cause temporary nausea swim also says be ready for some serious time distortion when a minute can feel like a lifetime yet be so enjoyable also on a seperate note i have a friend who sells organic tomatoes and he says to be very careful about what you eat as some things may look a lot like organic tomatoes but are in actual fact very poisenous

10. desiaznwitekid

desiaznwitekid Newbie

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    An elderly cockatiel mentioned to me that different species of Psylocibe give different highs (really trippy v. a heavy body buzz). Is this true, and if so, which species gives what?

11. SamanthaRabbit

SamanthaRabbit Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    Not sure of specific species but yes, she has had different species of mushrooms that have been more potent visually or had more of a body high...

12. cowsgomoo

cowsgomoo Newbie

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    swim's tips on first time tripping...

-be surrounded in a secure, non-anxious, comfertable environment
    -be with someone trust-worthy
    -start with one dose or perhaps 2 doses if experienced with other psychedelics
    -tune in to the mental phenomenon

13. Nanashi

Nanashi Titanium Member

Reputation Points:
    from earth
    Mood and setting is very important especially for a first timer and one who is alone. Keeping cool and going from one minute to the next is key. My friend took a gram the first time with his older brother and it was the best time of his life. Real nice visuals. It doesn't take a lot of them to trip balls. This is the type of drug you should really use a digital scale with. Swim recommends taking a little at a time over a few hours until the desired effects are achieved. It doesn't take a lot to get to that "O FUCK" moment and its always better to start small and work you way up. Other than that keep some water handy and some shit to play with cuz its gonna be one hell of a ride.
    The most important thing-Just Breathe :thumbsup:

14. Olympian_Zeus

Olympian_Zeus Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from greece
    hello there guys, my little frog is being really curious about entheogens lately he has gathered near his lake

1g of Copelandia Cyanescens Hawaiian

and 15 gramms of Psilocybe Tampanensis Atlantis

for his first trip and he is soooo exited :)

he is gathering as much information as he can about magic shroomies he has no history of any other drug usage he doesnt even smoke... he is thinking of doing a little fasting before using them for a day or tow cuz he heard it would make the trip more intense, olso he has herd about shrooms sinergie with other substances to enhance the expirience like yohimbine and cola nut?

do you guy know any any other herb that could intensify the trip? except weed witch he did one and he hated it as hell.... made him sick for a day :S

ahhh and one last thing what do you think about the quantity he should eat for his first trip? is mixing the together a good or a bad thing?

thank you guyz in his behalf because he is a frog and he really cant talk :p

15. qcksilver89

qcksilver89 Newbie

Reputation Points:
    28 y/o from U.S.A.
    now if i compare it to the ability to control yourself on dxm and the ability to control yourself on acid, both taken in large amounts by oneself (acid three hits and dex high 2nd/3rd level plateaus) is the amount of control similar? or is it a matter of thinking you have control and literally NOT being able to stop the situation? cuz if it's just changing your mental state or thought pattern or mood that's fairly easy, however with something like mdma or dxm it's alot harder to stop the thoughts. acid is alot easier and my friend's first time w/ 3 hits wasn't hard @ all

16. Teren_Kanan

Teren_Kanan Newbie

Reputation Points:
    33 y/o from U.S.A.
    Ok. So two friends of mine will be doing shrooms this weekend. It will be the second time doing it, but the first time was a very small amount.

They are really big guys, one weighs around 270 pounds and the other nearer to 300.

While they certainly trust the source of the shrooms, they are unfamiliar with shroom types, so they have no way to name which shrooms they might be taking. Whichever would be commonly found in Florida.

They have read most of this thread and countless replies, and gathered some good information for themselves, but they had a little confusion and wanted to ask a few questions.

The first time they did it they did not trip very hard at all. Their pupils got big and they felt really good, but experienced no visuals of any sort. Just a nice strong buzz. From what I'm reading it seems they hit "Level 1" Possibly 2. It is their intention this time to reach for "Level 4" or possibly 5.

They are currently planning to purchase two "quarters". THey are as yet not sure whether these will be dried or fresh.

Q1: Will a quarter each be enough to reach level 4 or 5 for men nearly 300 pounds? Or does it depends entirely on being dry or fresh? How much should they buy if it's fresh, and how much if it's dried.

Q2: The first time they took shrooms they simply placed the shrooms on a crunchy penut butter sandwhich, which made it much harder to notice them going down. This time they are interested in trying some Tea methods. They are worried about losing some of the magic during this process, which are the safest ways to do this? They own a blender. and a food dicer. They are not the type to balk at bad flavor but they are very interested in a "smoother" delivery method than eating them.

17. ianzombie

ianzombie Platinum Member & Advisor

Reputation Points:
    42 y/o from ireland
    Presuming you are buying Psilocybe Cubensis, a quarter (7 grams) of dried mushrooms is a hell of a lot. If it is a quarter of an ounce of fresh mushrooms then it is very little.

I would recomend no more than 2 or 3 grams for your second time taking mushrooms.

Forget this level 3 or 4 nonsense, it is impossible to tall how much mushrooms will effect a person. Its best to start off small and work up to a dose you are comfortable with.

For most people 7 grams would be more than enough to have you unable to walk let alone think straight.

Mushrooms are on average 90% water so 10 grams of fresh mushrooms is about the same as 1 gram of dried mushrooms.

18. eatmoreshroomz

eatmoreshroomz Newbie

Reputation Points:
    37 y/o from New Mexico, U.S.A.
    Tea is great, basically hot water, a bit of lemon juice and shrooms soaked for 10+ minutes, strain and drink.

Chopping the shrooms into a fine powder, mixing with water and slamming is a great way to minimize loss. however it will taste yucky.

7 grams is a lot.

If the shrooms are good 3 grams is good.

try 3 grams each this time, and then next week 4 grams will be available if 3 wasnt impressive.

19. Dark Mage

Dark Mage Titanium Member

Reputation Points:
    from Illinois, U.S.A.
    I always suggest taking no more then 2.25grams for the first time. One doesn't know how a person will react on Shrooms, especially a person with a low body weight.

I have had plenty of experiences where I thought taking an 8th after not doing Shrooms for a long period of time was a good idea and got absolutely destroyed.

20. LCampoy8

LCampoy8 Newbie

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    Hi there, so swim found out that some liberty cap grow in his very own yard. He seen them grow in the same location many times but only few grow at a time. Yesterday it rain the whole day and he notice the mushrooms were there in the same location. Now what swim whats to know is if swim waters the grass where the mushroom grow, will the mushrooms grow? also i never took mushrooms before so how many liberty cap do i need to take to get a good dose? i dont really have a scale...