EU - The Grainne Kenny dossier

Discussion in 'Drug Policy Reform & Narco Politics' started by Abrad, Sep 9, 2006.

1. Abrad

Abrad R.I.P. Platinum Member & Advisor R.I.P.

Reputation Points:
    A quick glance at her EURAD site lets us know what we're in for. Describing drug use as a "modern black death" surely this woman could educate herself about the very thing she wants to rid Ireland of. She had a hand in the mushroom ban and is now trying to have all headshops closed and their products banned.

Please discuss.

Last edited: Sep 21, 2007
  2. Nature Boy

Nature Boy Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from ireland
    She's an extremist. She doesn't hold any credibility with informed politicians but she seems to be glorified by the tabloid media which produces dangerous results. Many of her facts are twisted and a lot of people buy into her bullshit because the opposing voice isn't strong enough. She must be ridiculed in an article in a national newspaper. She's made so many blundering errors that such a slandering article would be child's play to write.

3. Lunar Loops

Lunar Loops Driftwood Platinum Member & Advisor

Reputation Points:
    from ireland
    Unfortunately there are a lot of people in this country who believe what they want to believe and she is preaching from their hymn sheet. All drugs are bad, all drugs are bad.

She was on the last word again tonight on Today FM. They had a piece on the current cannabis 'drought' in this country and Europe in general. She was her usual restrained and well informed self as you can imagine. 'All praise the wonderful Irish drug squad, for they must be the very reason for this drought. However, we must all be ever vigilant in our fight to rid the country of this scourge.'

"I'm the Daddy" McTool is right up her clean street and although you say she is not taken seriously in all quarters Natureboy, she is taken seriously enough by enough people (and some of them in power) to be a real threat to personal choice and freedom.

Perhaps, I'm just feeling a little down today, but the future does not look green and pleasant from where I'm sitting.

The sun'll come out tomorra........

4. Nagognog2

Nagognog2 Iridium Member

Reputation Points:
    Can't you find some little girl she raped while watching her overnight? You know - pull a Michael Jackson on her?

5. Psych0naut

Psych0naut Platinum Member

Reputation Points:
    from The Netherlands
    It's very hypocrytic that she tries to ban every single drug in Ireland, while alcoholism is a relatively big problem in this country.
    Alcohol causes a lot more damage and problems than mushrooms, marijuana or most other drugs, but ofcourse the government collects huge amounts of cash on the alcohol taxes.
    It's a shame for all the Irish folks who have a drought and might not get any drugs for a while.

6. Alfa

Alfa Productive Insomniac Staff Member Administrator

Reputation Points:
    117 y/o from The Netherlands
    I'd love to see articles and facts on her.

7. Abrad

Reputation Points:
    Here's a link to her site if anyone is interested. I broke the link rather than risk having her come here.
    www .eurad. net
    When I was in school she came around one day to spread bullshit, although I was too young to realise this at the time. She then held a meeting for all the parents to tell them how to catch their kids if they smoke dope.

Last edited: Sep 12, 2006
  8. Lunar Loops

Lunar Loops Driftwood Platinum Member & Advisor

Reputation Points:
    from ireland
    Unfortunately the alcohol argument will cut no ice with this particular crusader. She may appear unhinged to anyone who knows anything about the subject matter that she pontificates upon, but she's cute enough when it comes to a debate.

She does not approve of alcohol either as many would quite rightly point out (and she agrees) it has caused a lot of damage in this country (and others). She uses that as an argument for not legaliising any other drugs as she says their use will also spiral out of control.......yes, yes, I know, but enough people DO listen to this and think she is talking sense.

During the brief piece on the 'drought' on Today FM they had a journalist from Hotpress (Irish music and culture magazine) on the show who was pro-cannabis and openly admitted to smoking for all of his adult life (some 18 years). He said it had done him no harm. She was quick enough to jump down his throat stating that she had heard him on the radio in the past talking about his episodes of depression (which of course she put down to cannabis usage). This woman is usually well prepared and knows what political buttons to press.

I would love to see her on a decent length (ahemmm....steady readers) discussion show on the TV with pro-cannabis debators who are given a decent chance to counter her posturing.

Failing that I like Nag's idea.

9. Nature Boy

Nature Boy Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from ireland
    Oh the horror. If we unleash pot on these wreckless demons who knows how much more vandalism and public disorder we'll see?!

Cannabis consumption is no significant threat to society besides the black market which it strengthens by the revenue it produces. Anyone who thinks otherwise is either ill-informed or biased. The alcohol vs. cannabis debate should be used to pro-cannabis activists' advantage. The argument doesn't apply to the legalisation of all drugs but it draws a very good comparison in that case at least.

10. Trebor

Trebor Palladium Member

Reputation Points:
    30 y/o from ireland
    Re: Grainne Kenny

She's a bitch, a bitch a bitch. She knows nothing about what she's talking about and is only survinving becuase she would bitch about being a failure. I could say to her "The sky is blue." She'd say "It's not." SHe is a pain in the ass and I despise her with every fiber of my being that isn't reserved for Michael McDowell.

1. 1/5,
      a post without info or intelligent remarks. You can do better.
      Oct 20, 2006
  11. Alfa

Reputation Points:

Please post quotes by the hysterical wench with references and other information about her here.

12. Trebor

Trebor Palladium Member

Reputation Points:
    30 y/o from ireland
  13. Mona Lisa

Mona Lisa Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.

Interesting that there are no photographs of her anywhere on that site.

14. Nicaine

Nicaine Titanium Member

Reputation Points:
    from Rhode Island, U.S.A.

Best way to deal with people like this is to ignore them completely. Drives 'em crazy, they get hysterical & are revealed as the hysterics they really are.

No one's gonna remember this one even existed, once her 15 minutes are up...

15. Alfa

Reputation Points:

We'd wish. Can we send her to you? lol.

16. Abrad

Reputation Points:

Google has one.

awww.fmr.no_getfile.php_127615.546_Grannie_Kelly_Eurad_200x300.jpg

17. Nicaine

Nicaine Titanium Member

Reputation Points:

She looks like me dear sainted mother... already got one of those, please don't send her this way.

18. Alfa

Reputation Points:

We are talking about an overactive mad women which commenicates and influences several UN bodies, governments, a vast anti-drugs organistation network and the media. Although her arguments are mostly bullshit, she is good at retoric and a favorite of the media. She is laughed at as well. But I think that is deminishing after her victory with the Irish mushroom ban
    and her ongoing crusade against headshops and any kind of drug reform. The coördination and organisation of many anti-drug organisation is a power the anti drug movement has and the pro-drug organisation seriously lacks.

19. Nicaine

Nicaine Titanium Member

Reputation Points:

The anti's are clearly far nuttier than the pro's. Copied from another thread:
    SWIM can only sit there shaking his head...

P.S. the problem with the pro's is that they don't have the money, and no (self) righteousness behind their cause. The arguments/rationale for legalization are fine & always have been, IMO.

20. Trebor

Trebor Palladium Member

Reputation Points:
    30 y/o from ireland

Found this:

on http://www.drugwatch.org/Board SUMMARY BIOS.htm It's a site that gives us a klist of those who oppose peoples rights to liberty.