Drug info - The Great Big "First Time" LSD Thread: Q + A

Discussion in 'LSD' started by Guest, Sep 16, 2003.

1. Guest

Guest Guest

Reputation Points:
    Jatelka EDIT: Please be aware that this is a combined thread, and the earlier posts are from before the "No self incrimination" rule came into play

I recently obtained 2 hits of acid from a friend. I really looking forword to doing it, and had been looking for it for a long time, i guess its hard to find here in oregon, or maybe i just have bad connections. Anyway I got an MIP at a party last weekend so my parents wont really let me go anywhere. I want to save the acid for a time when i can be in a safe place with friends so I have to wait till im 18 in 2 months. If I wait will I have any problems with decomposition?

My other question is how to administer the drug. I believe its two hits of blotter, they are really small paper squares that seem to be covered in a white dust. I have heard you rub it on your tongue or arm. Tongue sounds best, but how much do i have to rub it before its completly used up?

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 20, 2009
  2. Guest

Guest Guest

Reputation Points:
    yeah dude my first time i done that aswell, i kept in my mouth for 5 mins an then swallowed

it sucked ass, no hit at all

the second time i done it i just kept it in my mouth for half an hour suckin on it constantly and holy shit! i was trippin out my nut all night, i ended up taking more that night and it was amazing

so try that, suck on it all night if you have to, but im sure at least half an hour should make it worthwhile

3. Alfa

Alfa Productive Insomniac Staff Member Administrator

Reputation Points:
    117 y/o from The Netherlands
    Perhaps, it was old.

4. Bojangles

Bojangles Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Old...or very very dilute...the next time you get it put it under a black light, it should glow.

I always keep the blotter in my mouth practically til it falls apart.

5. cheesesandwich

cheesesandwich Newbie

Reputation Points:
    how much is too much for a first timer? how often is too often? how severe are the side effects?

6. <trippin

<trippin Newbie

Reputation Points:
    i think it depends on the shit you get(but take about 2to3 hits if its good),and i think its best to use certain drugs in moderation(such as lsd)and it depends on how much you take and how good it is

7. Bojangles

Bojangles Newbie

Reputation Points:
    For the most part all stuff going around now a days seems to be more dilute then ever. You said you have not been able to come across it for a long time and now you have...unless you had a really reliable source and some feedback on this particular type of acid I would expect it to be not so strong. It seems like everyone is out to rip off everyone else and it sucks b/c all have the same interest in common, we need to stick together and create pure decent shit...if we don't the quality of all drugs will suffer...anyway since it is your first time I would just take one, but if it is weak you may want to take at least two...my first time I took one hit and i was tripping face for a good 6-8 hours. I normally put it on the tongue for awhile and chew it up before i do swallow.

8. DazedPerception

DazedPerception Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Hey, I picked up some acid today, and what was given to me was 2 breathmints with the acid pretty much soaked in. I'm wondering what would be the best, most effective way to take it. Should I just chew them up, or let them disolve? Or if you have better suggestions, please post them away. Also the person who gave them to me said they werent very strong. He said she started off with 4, and ended up taking like 8 before tripping hard. Do you think being a first time user 2 hits would effect me enough ot would it be wise to invest in more? Thanks for your comments.

9. Chaote

Chaote Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Put em under your tongue let em dissolve then swallow would probably be the best way, how many times has your friend done it? what is your size compared to theres? drug experience? but in my opinion (wich could very well be worthless) you should take em both and just be totally open to whatever will happen and it will more than likely put you in a good place. So take em both and call from the airplane..

10. zuzu99

zuzu99 Newbie

Reputation Points:
    I don't think keeping it under the tongue will make any difference. Just swallow it and it will work just fine. The under-the-tongue method, in my experience, is commonly used with paper, and I've found it can speed up the onset. Also, if your friend took 8 to trip hard, 2 most likely won't be too much, but with acid, you never know. Starting low is always a good idea.

11. Guest

Guest Guest

Reputation Points:
    First time LSD questions

Swim #1 is30, smokes herb constantly for a few years, done shrooms about 8-10 times over the last 6 years, and I have also done mdma approx 13 times over the last 2 1/2 years. He has never 'freaked out' from doing any drugs, even in excess, he's got a very strong grip or whatever you might call it. In fact he is generally the one to help other people out when they start to have a bad time even though he's taken more (and has less experience than some of these people LOL)

Swim #2 has tried these tabs (he has smoked herb for last 12 years, and has been a big fan of lsd for last 9) and he said they are "the cleanest stuff thats been around here in 5-6 years, its mild but so clean its awesome"

Can someone please explain what 'clean' means he doesn't give a very good description other than bad stuff makes you really sick for days after. He said that with these he feels no ill effects at all the next day (so far he's had 9 trips on these same tabs from same lot) although he is now taking 3-4 at once (he says after so many years of doing it you need a lot more) and still no ill effects next day.

Swim #1 has a trip buddy whois experienced with lsd and will sit with him for the experience, however I'm wondering if swim #1 is finehalfway through the experience would it be safe to leave him after this point? Swim #1 is very strong mentally when it comes to drugs, andthe odd times when he hit some waves or problems doing for example mushrooms and started to lose his grip he went to the bathroom, sat and talked himself into a greatstate faster than most people piss!Its because of this I think that he might prefer to be alone for at least part of the trip. I'm wondering whatyou guys think of this also.

Thanks very much, keep up the great work this place rocks! [​IMG]

12. Guest

Guest Guest

Reputation Points:
    The only thing "clean" can mean that isn't meaningless is that it's
    actually pure LSD, and not something like 5-MeO-AMT being passed off as
    acid. Otherwise, LSD is LSD.

I would say if you are as experienced and level headed as you say it
    should be fine for your sitter to leave once you are established in the
    trip. Of course somthing could still go wrong, but you are probably
    experienced enough to handle it.

13. billyloner

billyloner Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    36 y/o
    tips for first time LSD users

ok, ive had a search and read some interesting stuff, but i still have a few questions.

me and a good friend are going to try acid for the first time in a few weeks. my mum is going away for the weekend, so we choce that time because he can come over to mine and there will be no distractions or chance of getting caught. plus i have a really big garden if we need to commune with nature. we've both taken mushrooms a few times, and we know about how setting can affect a trip - we had some in a pub once and it was a nightmare til we eventually went and sat outside on a bench.

all this considered, i feel we approach drugs in the same way, and so would be ideal tripping partners. however, a mutual friend of ours, who has taken acid once or twice before but no longer does due to epilepsy, wants to 'sit' with us. in a way i can appreciate the logic to this, as she would be able to advise us if anything were to happen that confused us or whatever. but in my experience with other drugs, i find that being around other people who are not on it with me tends to make me nervous or anxious. eg if i am stoned and there is someone there who isnt, i often feel a bit nervous, and not 'free' to express myself fully, if you know what i mean. so im thinking that having a sitter would not be the best idea. can anyone comment on this from their own experience?

secondly, marijuana. im certainly not going to smoke any before i come up, i want to come up nice and clean. but how about when im up? im thinking ill probably not have any til i start coming down because i want the experience to be unaltered (i think) - would anyone agree this is a good approach? i find weed on other drugs can sometimes make them a bit unpredictable or uncontrollable.

thirdly, we will probably be taking it on a friday night, between 7pm and midnight. will the fact that we're pretty tired affect the trip in any way? like, when it gets round to 6am or something. would it be better to wait and take it saturday daytime instead?

also, a question about food. is there any recommended time should be left between eating and dropping? like, will dropping on a full stomach be more likely to induce nausea, as it is with mushrooms? i know dropping on a full stomach will probably lengthen the onset time, but is it worth waiting 4 or 5 hours before taking it so as to limit the possibility of nausea?

thanks for reading all this, i know its quite a long post but any other advice that can be offered for first time users would be greatly appreciated.

14. panamapaul

panamapaul Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    Whether it's a good idea to have a 'straight' sitter with you depends alot on that person. Many people, especially experienced trippers, can get a good contact high from you and make your experience more interesting and pleasant. 6 or 7 of us used to take acid and drive around the countryside in a van. One of our usual tripping buddies was pregnant once (wasn't trippiing) and she insisted upon driving us. Baaad idea! She took us to the mall to buy shoes! We all agreed that won't happen again.

Going without sleep beforehand intensifies the acid experience. So if this is your first time, I would not recommend it. Start with a low dosage. People can react very differently to the same dosage. What is mild to you may completely freak your friend out.

Marijuana. I don't recommend it during tripping at all. Everytime I've made the mistake of doing this it's had the effect of throwing a wet blanket on the experience. It's a waste of acid, imho. If things get too edgy, a little alcoholic beverage can take the edge off. But again, this too can bring you down.

Food. As long as you don't eat a heavy meal beforehand, I can't see any difference.

Approach acid like you would mountain-climbing. If you've never climbed before, it is good to have an experienced climber with you. Respect the mountain. It can be a great adventure, but it can be dangerous if you are careless. If you are depressed or anxious, do not take it that day. Since you are experienced with mushrooms, you should know basically what to expect. But remember that acid usually lasts much longer than shrooms. It can be exhausting if you're ready to come down and the acid is still kicking. Above all, remember the words of FDR. 'There is nothing to fear but fear itself.' If you find yourself getting panicky, tell yourself that it's only temporary and you can't fall out of the universe. Good luck.

15. k4rnage

k4rnage Newbie

Reputation Points:
    First time LSD

Ok I know there's tons of first timer questions and i've gone through all of them ,and i'm very prepared to trip for my first time after extensive research. I've tripped on DMT (which was by far the most beautiful thing I've done so far), never done shrooms, and decided to try lsd as my first _popular_ psychedelic. I'm a spiritual person, I'm very happy about my life, stress free, etc, and I bought 2 hits. I'm wondering, if they're 30-100ug as the average has been stated, how should I do this? I was thinking 1 hit, and if after 1.5 hours I don't feel strong enough symptoms, to dose with another .5 hits and if another hour goes by not satisfying enough, to try the last .5? Like, how should I do this? Would it be better to just go head first with the 2 hits? I'm not that fearful of a bad trip because of my happy mindstate and reassurance that it's just a trip and I'll be fine after (Btw, does that opinion change while tripping even though on'es reassured himself so much while preparing that everything will be ok after?) Any suggestions would be nice. Thanks.Edited by: BA

16. HippieD9

HippieD9 Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    That sounds like a pretty sane plan. Give it maybe 2 hours, and you've got the recipie for a good time. Have fun, and rememeber, set and setting!

Peace,

D.

17. billyloner

billyloner Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    36 y/o
    thanks for the reply :) i think we'll be avoiding the weed until we've come down, or started coming down (i dont know if itll be a gradual shift or a sudden transition).

the more i think about having a sitter the less im inclined to have one. theres only one person we know who would be remotely suitable, and she said shes only done acid a few times,a long time ago. it isnt really a reflection on her that i dont want her there, just on me and how i deal with straight people when on drugs. ive discussed it with my friend who will be doing it with me, and he agrees. or he did last time i spoke to him about it, a month back.

like the analogy to mountain climbing. we're certainly gonna be careful whatever we decide. some guy on the internet told me to take two tabs the first time, and his argument was quite convincing. but i think two may be just a little excessive...

18. noeticbuzz

noeticbuzz Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Shit man, their is only one first time that you get to open doors of perception take both.

If you respect the drug and now what you are getting into you should be fine, if your just doing it to get fucked up then you could have some problems.

19. jduba

jduba Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    i would have to agree to take both your first time though im not so
    sure that the drugs hit you harder the first time taking them its the
    first time you will have experienced that mind state making it more
    intense and noticable. if you are very sound in your life, settings,
    and people present you should be ok. make sure to turn off phones till
    you feel out the experience and try not to be somewhere that people
    will be popping over that you may feel uncomfortable around these
    things can induce pianic in your thought and trigger a bad trip. after
    you feel out the sensation you should be able to make a reasonable
    scale of what you want and dont want to be around. good luck

20. Guest

Guest Guest

Reputation Points:
    I've done acid once before, so I am probably not the most crediable person. Although, I am going to give you my few cents anyways.

When I tried it, about a year ago, I did it at my buddy's place. Two of us were tripping, and the other two were just chilling and drinking some beers. The fact that there were two other people there who were not on acid did not bother me, because I knew them very well, and knew that they were not going to harm me in any way. It was also nice to know that if something did happen, then we had a responsible person there to help us.

Acid is a bit different than mushrooms, because one doesn't come straight up to their peak, then slowly come down. It's more of a come up, then come a bit down, then peak again, then come down, then peak again, ect... Also, like panamapaul said, it last a very long time, and you will not just suddenly stop tripping, like on mushrooms. It elongates itself, and you probably won't feel normal until you get a good nights sleep.

I made the mistake of thinking that my trip was over when I started to come down the first time. I didn't realize that I was about to peak again. So I decided that I should smoke some weed and just relax a bit more. But when were finished smoking the dubbie, I began to peak again, and that kind of freaked me out, but was calmed down by one of my buddies.

I wouldn't recommend smoking weed until you are forsure off the drug, and also just be aware that it may be a different stone than you usually have.

When you read this post you will probably already have done the drug, but let me know how it goes.

Good Luck!