The guy who knew how to get pure smack ( heroin purification )

Discussion in 'Heroin' started by VincentVan, Jun 25, 2006.

1. VincentVan

VincentVan Platinum Member

Reputation Points:
    My dear fellow travellers
    one of the problems that a user has to face in a prohibitionist society is the constant threat of being poisoned (sometimes deliberatedly) by inappropriately cut dope.
    Well , belive it or not, I knew a guy who knew a simple chemical method for purifing street heroin so that the smack he injected was (nearly) always (nearly) pure.
    This smart ass even told me how he managed the trick.
    Let´s see if I can remember the story he told me.

The first thing he insisted upon was that this is a serious chemical process and that extreme care should be taken so as to avoid accidents in the form of explosions or of inadvertently caused production of toxic vapors and/or fumes ,that could cause harm to the would be chemist and to those in close proximity.

Taken a few basic precautions (like opening the window a bit) that´s how he told me he procedeed:

1) He dissolved the street heroin in water

2) He used the easily available Hydrion pH papers to monitor the pH during the procedure. He added some Sodium Hydroxide in solution dropwise while checking the pH. He used a narrow glass or plastic rod to touch a minimum of the drug solution to the paper limiting your waste thereof to an absolute minimum. He stopped when the pH reached about 9

3) He extracted with chloroform. He said that chloroform is far superior to diethyl ether in that it´s non-flammable and does not pose storage problems where explosive peroxides can be formed. (Note: He said that Chloroform is an ideal solvent for heroin, codeine and most other opiates, with the major exception of morphine which requires a mixed solvent).

4) He separated the chloroform layer and washed with a minimum quantity of cold water : 1 or 2 ml. work well. Then he evaporated the chloroform taking care not to burn the residue on the bottom of the beaker. (Note: Chloroform is a known carcinogenic so plenty of ventilation ,even a respirator if possible, would be advisable).

He said that the Chloroform is so volatile that this step is particularly easy to perform.
    5) He added a diluted solution of HCI dropwise while stirring with a glass rod . He monitored the pH closely. As the acid was being added , the diacetyl morphine base was being neutralized and converted into the water soluble hydrochloride salt form.

6)When all the solid material had just dissolved , he stopped adding the HCI. He said that this takes place at about pH 5 or 6. (Note: If one tries to bring the pH all the way up to 7, the free base alkaloid precipitates back out requiring the addition of more HCI)

7) He claims that the resulting solution will be in an injectable form and that now it would be completely clear with no colored impurities or particulate matter.

He said also that while the procedure is pretty straightforward for anybody with some prior experience in organic chemistry , it is NOT suggested to those who would find themselves clueless around a separatory funnel.

This chemistry isn´t to be played with.
    Once that I was in a rush, he nearly burned down his outhouse/ guest house and had to be taken to the hospital.
    It was quite imbarassing because the doc who visited poor SWIM in the ER, was the same who treated him a few weeks before for a somewhat similar accident.
    In fact he had a little infection in his mouth (left cheeck, inside) and the antibiotic prescribed from his doc was showing little results.
    What he did then, was to take some of his bacteria from the infection and put them in little petri dish with some chicken bouillon, so he started to cultivate his bacteria from his infection: In the cultures that showed most signs of vitality and reproductive activty, he started to experiment with different antibiotics to establish which one was the most effective.
    To make a long story shot, when he found a compound that seemed to be a really incredible exterminator of bacteria he started dosing himself with it.
    Unfortunately the antibiotic proved so strong that it destroyed not only his little infection but also all the bacterial flora that keeps the mouth healthy.
    He could´nt eat for two days.
    But that´s another story.

Take care.
    VV.

"Better to reign in hell than serve in heaven"
    (Milton - Paradise Lost - )

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 8, 2011
  2. MrJim

MrJim Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    Welcome back again VV -

I guess we can always expect long absences followed by great posts. The purification of Street H is talked about here alot. Yours was a good summation on the subject, but there are some other posts with different chemicals and whatnot.
    Peace
    Jimbo

3. CrookieMonster

CrookieMonster Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from California, U.S.A.
    Re: The guy who knew how to get pure smack

when I was in Mexico he experienced some of this washed // raw ( or atleast it sounds familiar).. I would only have to do .2grams and it wasnt enough to get the rig dark // it was see through.. have anyone else tried doing this TEK before? itd be greatly appreciated if someone could post some other similar TEKs.. thanks in advance..
    edit: was this done with powdered or tar heroin? itd be great to see a TEK for tar purification.. if anyone knows of one PLEASE PM me.. thanks in advance and thanks for this TEK..

Last edited: Jun 14, 2011
  4. OIHKAL

OIHKAL Newbie

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    As a chemist, I don't see how he's purifying anything. It could just be that you left out a lot of it but there are a few specifics that really can't go overlooked.
    1. There's no mention of any kind of filtration to remove the impurities

[*] Adding that many OH- ions to the mixture with a double acetylated molecule ("diacetylmorphine") could form some complex reactions, both inter- and intramolecularly.

[*] If all the chloroform was evaporated off, what is he dropping the HCl into?

[*]I think they got NaOH and HCl mixed up. NaOH is a base, so it would increase the pH; HCl is an acid and would decrease the pH. You can't increase pH using HCl. And if the free base alkaloid precipitates at pH 7, adding more HCl would not make it dissolve again.

[*]PLEASE. PLEASE do NOT inject this. If a chemist was performing this he would add a recrystallization and filtration step and then determine the melting point to be sure it was pure diacetylmorphine. Suppose there was ONE drop of too much HCl in there. That's a strong enough acid to kill you in seconds. Just shooting what you get on the streets is less risky than messing around with the pH and possible side reactions that could have toxic byproducts.

5. livin7

livin7 Newbie

Reputation Points:
    50 y/o from U.S.A.
    Originally posted by Vincent Van
    """He separated the chloroform layer and washed with a minimum quantity of cold water : 1 or 2 ml. work well. Then he evaporated the chloroform taking care not to burn the residue on the bottom of the beaker. (Note: Chloroform is a known carcinogenic so plenty of ventilation ,even a respirator if possible, would be advisable)."""

How can you wash a liquid. I am not a schooled chemist but washes i thought are down with a solvent or water on a sold that wont dissolve the solide but only wash away the unwanted impurities loosely attached the wanted material. (in this case the heroin dissolved in the chloroform)

Didn't work. Neither did that other method circulating frm the handbook. Thanks for helping me waste a half a grand on this. The handbook method that calls for addition of baking soda at the end last stet caused the end product to weigh about 8 grams, only .3 grams supposedly being the active diacetylmorphine.

"""From Crookie Monstor
    [*]PLEASE. PLEASE do NOT inject this. If a chemist was performing this he would add a recrystallization and filtration step and then determine the melting point to be sure it was pure diacetylmorphine. Suppose there was ONE drop of too much HCl in there. That's a strong enough acid to kill you in seconds. Just shooting what you get on the streets is less risky than messing around with the pH and possible side reactions that could have toxic byproducts."""

If this "instructional post" is truly dangerous..outright..why hasn't a moderator posted a warning, deleted or whatever...

6. Methadone Queen

Methadone Queen Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from earth
    @livin7....I'm wondering the same thing??!!

7. Ghetto_Chem

Ghetto_Chem Palladium Member

Reputation Points:
    from earth
    Well you do realize that you can wash "liquids" too right? The water and the chloroform won't mix together, they'll stay as two separate layers. You mix these around, but even if you do they should separate, when you mix them up the water comes into contact with the other liquid phase and pulls out any water soluble crap. Similar to an extraction but since no acid is used the freebased product stays in the liquid layer while other polar soluble shit gets pulled out.

Also people shoot up highly acidic liquid preparations all the time, not saying it's good or right but it's not likely to kill you. It WILL burn up your veins and destroy your body though, but look at people who shoot No. 3 with citric acid I can promise not all of them are shooting completely neutral solutions.

I will agree that it's likely many people could wind up wasting money or hurting themselves (like it sounds you did) but if a person follows the directions and knows a thing or two about chemistry they shouldn't have a problem. As with any chemistry project it's good to know the basics first, this would include knowing what the term "wash" means.

I haven't read over the whole OP so can't say for certain, but the little I skimmed showed me this guy likely knows what he was doing. The only other thing I can warn about is that anyone who tries this start VERY low, pure heroin is surprisingly potent requiring tens of mg's dosages for even the most experienced users.

-GC