1. Dear Drugs-Forum readers: We are a small non-profit that runs one of the most read drug information & addiction help websites in the world. We serve over 4 million readers per month, and have costs like all popular websites: servers, hosting, licenses and software. To protect our independence we do not run ads. We take no government funds. We run on donations which average $25. If everyone reading this would donate $5 then this fund raiser would be done in an hour. If Drugs-Forum is useful to you, take one minute to keep it online another year by donating whatever you can today. Donations are currently not sufficient to pay our bills and keep the site up. Your help is most welcome. Thank you.
    PLEASE HELP
    Dismiss Notice

Injecting - The Injecting Alcohol Thread

Discussion in 'Alcohol' started by Spare Chaynge, Apr 15, 2007.

1. Spare Chaynge

Spare Chaynge

Reputation Points:
    Swim has hurd of this one report of someone shooting 100cc of jack daniels. anyone else had expirence with this

2. Solipsist

Solipsist Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    Re: Alcohol IV QUESTION

Shooting Jack Daniel's ??? Is it a joke ? I think it would kill you.

3. Spare Chaynge

Spare Chaynge

Reputation Points:

No joke. Swims friend claims to have done this. Swim thinks this is crazy but swim fully belives him this swim who claims to have done this is alive healthy and very productive hes not lying either swim did this for sure.

Has any one else tried this swm dosent wont to self expirement to confirm , swim had to do this with lsd

4. Alicia

Alicia Gold Member

Reputation Points:

SWIY friend may be alive. but you have to question the intelligence. DO NOT INJECT ALCOHOL. Just drink it. or take it up the poop shoot do not inject it.

http://www.drugs-forum.com/forum/ showthread.php?p=194748#post194748

Similar thread ^^

5. Spare Chaynge

Spare Chaynge

Reputation Points:

Yes well personally this is out of the question. Im not asking about his iq im asking if anyone else has done this.

6. Spare Chaynge

Spare Chaynge

Reputation Points:

Fine swim will do this in the name of science.

7. old hippie 56

old hippie 56

Reputation Points:

Watched a guy shoot some whiskey before, swim would advise against it. Nearly killed that poor bastard, he was messed up for days.

8. Spare Chaynge

Spare Chaynge

Reputation Points:

Thank you so much old hippie. Thats exactly what I wanted thread closed.

9. Alicia

Alicia Gold Member

Reputation Points:

LOL even thou it was mentioned.
    There would be no science behind it. Its just plain stupid. but no brain damage sound fun.

syringes are better left alone or with other things in it.

10. Spare Chaynge

Spare Chaynge

Reputation Points:

hahaha yah swim knows no science would be behind it. Swim uses this term in this case as a joke. All in the name of science hahahahahha.

11. bcubed

bcubed Gold Member

Reputation Points:

I've seen "don't shoot alcohol" many times, but what's the logic behind it?

I'm aware that alcohol can be taken via I.V. drip...SWIM really isn't fond of needles, and would question the wisdom of shooting bourbon/wine/anything that wasn't pure, but what about Everclear or anhydrous alcohol (200 proof)?

What's the inherent danger over and above that associated with IVing any downer?

12. Alicia

Alicia Gold Member

Reputation Points:

Umm.. Overdose Shutting down of the brain functions that control breathing and heart rate which can lead to respiratory depression or cardiac failure.

If the injection practice is not clean then there is a risk of infection/ vein damage threw unsensible practices, HIV/Aids if the needles are shared with anyone who is infected. (DONT SHARE SYRINGES)

Addiction. if one would survive.

13. Powder_Reality

Powder_Reality

Reputation Points:

SWIM seems to recall watching a movie in which Steve-O (of Jackass fame) hooks himself up to a vodka IV drip. I think this is a good enough reason not to shoot alcohol. They have those warnings at the beginning of the show for a reason; don't do what Steve-O does. :D

14. stuoolong

stuoolong Silver Member

Reputation Points:

Well those are the same risks as from injecting heroin. Of course they are serious risks, but people do this every day and survive. If you get an appropriate dose, this doesn't really explain why it's more dangerous to inject alcohol. I'm not doubting that it is, just intrigued as to why.

15. Beltane

Beltane Palladium Member

Reputation Points:

SWIM has injected full 1CC syringes of peach brandy, jack daniels and a few others he can't name from memory. The idea was inspired by hearing someone talking about someone or some persons doing this is in the Motley Creu autobiography, the author of which SWIM knows personally.

SWIM did this a few times, a couple of which he'd try more than one shot in immediate succession.

SWIM noticed ZERO effects (and yes, knows exactly how to I.V. incject.) SWIM's COMPLETELY NON-MEDICAL opinion is that the practice is harmless. SWIM own personal experience is that it's completely pointeless and a total waste of time, not to mention possible dangerous from any deviation from perfect I.V. injection techniques.

Don't bother.

- Beltane

16. Jatelka

Jatelka Psychedelic Shepherdess

Reputation Points:

SWIj has been thinking about this thread.

IV ethanol is used in a medical context for treating triethylene glycol (brake fluid, anti-freeze type substance) poisoning. Of course this is sterile, medical grade alcohol.

SWIJ found this short communication...

http://www.drugs-forum.com/forum/local_links.php?action=jump&id=1846&catid=55

on intravenous alcohol outside of a medical setting.

SWIJ has to say that this method CANNOT be recommended. Her concerns would relate to a high blood alcohol level in a short period of time leading to a significant risk of alcohol poisoning. She would also be concerned about irritation plus/minus infection as a result of preservatives and sugars in the alcohol.

Just drink it please flamingos!

17. Pondlife

Pondlife Platinum Member & Advisor

Reputation Points:

That's an interesting article. I see that out of the (admittedly small) sample of three IV alcohol users, all were unemployed and two were also homeless. This says a lot I think, and should make anyone contemplaying it think twice - it's certainly not a celebrity drug!

I also note that two out of the three mentioned the enjoyment of the needle as one of the attractions. As strange as it sounds, I knew an ex heroin user who still had a fixation with needles years after he'd kicked the smack habit. Even something the right shade of orange would get him excited, because orange was the cap colour for the insulin needles he used to use.

18. Mr.Nixon

Mr.Nixon

Reputation Points:

yes steve-o did try that and it was hilarious infact

him walking throught the streets with an Iv in his arm hooked up to vodka

is truly classic

steve o is also my hero and i wish i could get paid for the shit he does

i have zero fear in the risk factor department

and i try half of wut he does for kicks

call me an idiot if you will it means nothing to me

living a long life is overated

id rather live it 6x faster 6x better

19. Beltane

Beltane Palladium Member

Reputation Points:

I ran into Steve-O on the street in LA.

Shooting alcohol may work if one injected enough, but an insulin syringe full of several different types did zero for SWIM.

I think it's something rockstars do when they're bored and/or out of whatever they'd rather be shooting.

Don't bother-

- Beltane

20. podge

podge Gold Member

Reputation Points:

Here man , steve o is funny alright , but to let him be your hero is a bit stupid .....he's just a nutter really. Save hero status for true greats......

Iv thought crazy thing's like this before......but the reality is your 18 , im 20 ......weve lived a fraction of life so far.....weve a lot more to see and do before we die and no matter how much we might think we know.....there's always a lot more to experience and learn from. How do you know living a long life is over rated being as young as you are? Maybe it is...im too young to know myself !lol. But if ya move too fast you might miss a lot of thing's on the way. And who want's to remembered as the guy who eat's his own puke anyway? Apparently steve o went on a week long PCP trip and they filmed it....he claims to have no memory of it and he refuse's to watch to footage.