The layers

Discussion in 'DMT and Ayahuasca' started by poptart, Jul 25, 2006.

1. poptart

poptart

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    I was telling me of a recent test where I took 56 grams of mimosa to do a test run. Swim said he used the easy freezer method. This recipe was written for a lbbut swim reduced the recipe (1 lb divided by 4 = x divided by 2) since 56 grams is only 1/8th of 1 lb. Swim said he reduced it but added just a little over what an 1/8th asked for. Swim said he shook the jar violently instead of a slow mix. When it came down to the 3 layers (black/light brown/ clear) there wasn’t much of a clear layer and it was hard to suck up with a baster. (A little of the light brown came with it) Swim says it is now on its second of 3 days in the freezer and I said he doest see much (close to nothing) in the jar. Swim said that 1 lb would be next.

Some questions:
    • Will it make any difference doing the crock-pot for 3 hours instead of 2?
    • Wouldn’t it be better if the vegetable matter (in the crock-pot) were squeezed some how to further strain the liquid?
    • Dose adding more lye then required help in the process (better yield) since the freezer process gets less yields the acid base recipe?
    • What is the middle layer? Has anyone tried to freeze that portion to see if there is any yield?
    • Would it help to shake up the liquid in the freezer daily for the 3 days?
    • If you were to leave it in the freezer longer then 3 days; would it give a better yield?

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 10, 2017
  2. poptart

poptart

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    Another question.
    1.Would it be possible to take half of your vinager/dh20 and put it into a blender and slowly add the bark? This way it cuts down on the waste of powder floating in the air and your coffee grinder getting clogged up every minute.

3. vantranist

vantranist Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from antigua_and_barbuda
    While im no expert on this matter... infact im rather ameture, ill try and help you the best i can.

1. Swim belives the point is to let it simmer at a boiling tempreture for 45 minutes, it says 2 hours in a crockpot because usally crockpots take sometime to acutally reach boiling point. to answer ur question while it probly wont hurt i doubt it will help yeild any, If you let it run too long it may evaporate too much of ur vinager/water solution witch could caus problems.

2. Its important not to strain at first untill you have poured most of the top liquid off first, after that i belive you can filter the sludge but only using the right metrial (like cheeze cloth)

3.Im not sure about this one

4. I belive the middle layer is nothing but toxins and would probly yeild the most impure cystals ever (if it would cystilize in the first place)

5. I dont see how it could

6. Leaving it in the freezer for longer than 3 days can be used to make bigger cystals, hoever im not quite sure how to do it. Im sure if ur just using the original extract leaving it in longer woulcer do anything to the yeild.

Everything im telling you is just what ive read on these boards from Marsonfold. I'm trying to help you best i can its probly better to get a second opinion. But following the tech is probly the best yield you can get, just follow it and you should be fine.

4. Marsofold

Marsofold Platinum Member

Reputation Points:
    from USA
    #1 Three hours is fine, within reason, more doesn't hurt.
    #2 Squeezing out the fiber with a virgin white cloth AFTER the liquid is poured off is fine. Might get you an extra 5% yield.
    #3 More lye in general is better than not enough. The most common reason for a poor yield is insufficient lye.
    #4 The "middle layer" of brown crap is an emulsion of air bubbles, naptha, and lye solution. If enough lye was added it will be insignificant in thickness. Due to the lye percentage in it, it is dangerous to use. Forget using it.
    #5 Frequent shaking of the naptha makes the DMT crystals smaller. No effect on yield.
    #6 Leaving it in the freezer a few extra days might get you an extra 5%.
    #7 Forget adding liquid to the rootbark in the blender. The blender will burn up if that is done. Use a guillotine paper cutter to chop the rootbark into inch long pieces, then fill up the blender to 1/3 full. Gripping the lid and base to hold the lid on, the blender should be shaken up and down while it is grinding the rootbark. After a minute, stop, turn it off, and remove the ground rootbark. Give the blender a few minutes to cool off before filling it again.
    These questions really should be posted to the DMT part of the "drug related chemistry and extraction" section of the forum...

1. 5/5,
      helpful post by mars. He is the man when it comes to DMT. great job man.
      Jul 26, 2006
  5. fatal

fatal Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    newbies cant post there.

6. poptart

poptart

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    I tried to post these in Chemistry but being Im a newbie I cant post there. I tried that first.

7. Marsofold

Reputation Points:
    from USA
    I forgot about the restriction. Sorry...

8. trip.more

trip.more Newbie

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    I use a plastic bag for seperations.Basters take to much time and effort

9. TheAngryGolfer

TheAngryGolfer Newbie

Reputation Points:
    You would think, yes.. but a guy on one of the other forums posted that they left it in the freezer for several weeks, taking it out every so often and shaking it and letting it sit at room temperature for a while. this yeilded very large crystals, the same type you get from slow evaporation.

its probably more from letting it sit at room temperature and then refreezing than the shaking though.

10. Marsofold

Reputation Points:
    from USA
    Shaking only breaks up larger crystals. The large crystal size was from the temperature cycling, not the shaking. During the warming part of the cycle, the small crystals are re-dissolved while the larger ones have less surface area per unit weight and dissolve less. As a result the process consumes small ones when the naptha warms up, then during the chilling part of the cycle deposits onto existing crystals, which eventually makes them grow in size.