Experiences - The Multiple Personalities of DXM (Retrospective / Trip Reports)

Discussion in 'DXM' started by Bajeda, Sep 1, 2006.

1. Bajeda

Bajeda Super Moderator Platinum Member & Advisor

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    I feltit was time to share some of his experiences with DXM. He has used this substance recreationally quite a few times and has experimented with dose and setting quite a bit. Out of all this he has had some quite remarkable experiences. With my help he will share two reports that are of particular interest.

The first report is about swim's first experience with DXM. It is interesting as I hasn't gotten the effects experienced in that trip from any other substance, though setting played a heavy role. This report also reflects the effects swim gets when he does low doses (300mg usually) of DXM and combines it with cannabis.

The second report is longer and is a description of an experience that occurred after swim ingested a higher dose of DXM – 600mg. This report swim found worthwhile to share as the dose wasn’t especially high yet swim experienced clear and definite effects that he could possibly divide into the first three plateaus and also got effects that possibly were at the fourth plateau level. The level of clarity with which I could distinguish the exact moments the mind altering effects shifted was also noteworthy, as I had done even higher doses of DXM before but never got a trip as interesting as this one.

Ok then…. so on to the trips!

*Note* Please let me know if these reports are too verbose. I like descriptive writing and I tend to get into the reports a bit when I write them for swim. If they are a bit long for you liking just let me know and I may shorten them in the future. Some people seem to like descriptive reports though. Just let me know what you think so I can write accordingly in the future *End Note*

=====================================================================================================================
    =====================================================================================================================

Trip #1

Dose: 300mg DXM from 100ml Cough Syrup

I was quite young at the time of this incident. He was in high school still and didn’t have much experience with psychedelics or anything else besides marijuana. A friend of his said that there was this cough syrup you could drink and get fucked up off of and that he tried it and it was pretty cool! He asked if swim wanted to try it with him. I was young and stupid at this point in his life so he said “what the hey” and bought some cough syrup to consume without any idea of what was in it or what it would do to him.

*Note: Afterwards I did research and found that the cough syrup’s only active ingredient was DXM – 15mg per 5ml – and it had practically no inactives either. Thank you Saudi Arabia for not allowing alcohol so wonderful products like these can exist!!*

Swim met up with four of his friends later that night. They hung out and messed around with drums and guitars and such for a little while. They had the cough syrup out and weren’t sure how to consume it. Two of swim’s friends decided to sip it little by little and see if they noticed any effects come up. Swim won’t bother describing their experience in any detail, because needless to say they didn’t get any effects from this method, especially as the sickeningly sweet taste caused them to stop after drinking less than a third of the bottle. Swim and his other friend, however, waited an hour and then decided to just chug theirs. It was a bit late by this point and I was feeling tired and a bit bored. He just wanted some cool stuff to happen so he could have some fun. They waited about half an hour and then I decided to head home and hit the sack as the experiment obviously didn’t work. He left the house, walked home in about 10 minutes or so and jumped in bed shortly after. It was about midnight by this time.

It was when I was in bed that he noticed something was a bit wrong. He didn’t feel tired anymore and wasn’t quite as bored, though he was a bit irritated he couldn’t sleep. He laid with the covers over his face for a good 15 minutes before giving up. He was thirsty and though earlier he had just staid in bed to try to sleep he figured he wasn’t going to drift off anytime soon so he might as well go grab a bottle of water. He opened his eyes and looked at the ceiling. Hmmm….. something was odd. There was a little hook that would hang from swim’s ceiling for some reason. He never knew what it was for but he had gotten used to it over the years. Except that now the hook seemed to be twisting around. Swim rubbed his eyes. Wow, he must be more tired than he thought. He got up and headed out of the room, not having a clue as to what he was to discover that night.

The entire house was pitch black, with only subtle illumination from the moonlight flowing in through windows spread throughout the house. Swim stepped into the hall and basked in the glow of the radiant moon. It felt brighter than usual to him, and he felt very at ease and almost euphoric as he headed down the winding stairs. He reached the hall at the bottom, a black pit compared to the glowing aura of the upstairs hall. At this exact moment he realized why everything felt so weird and why he had been acting like he had.

Swim gazed across the shadow covered hall. The shadows swirled together like mist, sometimes forming recognizable shapes or figures. Swim saw demonic shapes form in rooms connected to the hall, beckoning to him to come into their lair. This would normally have freaked swim out but under the effects of the DXM I felt no fear, not one bit. For some reason he felt powerful and strong, and sensed the desire within him to go and beat the shit out of the monsters for daring to mess with him. Swim’s vision was covered with tracers and when he moved his head fast it seemed to stretch the objects in his field of vision as they struggled to catch up. He felt as though he was in a dream, though it was a lucid dream minus the power I would usually have over reality. Its hard for him to explain. He felt he was dreaming but was aware he was dreaming but was still confined by the laws of reality.

After standing still for what seemed an eternity but in reality only consisted of 5 to 10 minutes I went into the kitchen and got his water. When he flipped the lights on most effects went away besides the slight disorientation and euphoria. Swim quickly hurried back up the stairs after drinking his water and got in bed. He lay staring at the ceiling watching shapes form out of the creases in the paint for a while until he slowly drifted off to sweet, sweet slumber.

I was incredibly surprised that the cough syrup could do something like that. After this experience he began reading about DXM on erowid and buying more cough syrup. A new phase in swim’s drug experience had begun. After this I became incredibly interested in psychedelics and he might not have been on this site today if it weren’t for this experience.

Swim still finds that he likes doing DXM at night with most of the lights out, even at higher doses, though he prefers darker environments with lower doses. The effects from 300mg of DXM mixed with a healthy dose of cannabis produce considerably nice and tolerable effects that can make for a fun night when combined with a trippy environment, music, and some friends.

Trip #2

Dose: 600mg from 200ml Cough Syrup

This trip was one of the most intense psychedelic experiences I has had, and is definitely one of the most unique and interesting ones. It occurred almost a year after swim’s first DXM experience.

Swim and some friends were getting ready for a regular Thursday night (In the country in the Middle-East I am from the weekend started at Wednesday at the time of this experience). They had bought some hash that looked and smelled quite promising, maybe some high quality Afghani stuff. Two of swim’s friends couldn’t make it so swim and the other two decided to make the night more interesting. They went out to a local pharmacy and casually walked in to buy six bottles of a DXM-containing cough syrup. They then headed to the apartment building of one of the guys for a night of fun.

The apartment building in question was very well known to swim. He had smoked cannabis in it several times a week for the past several years. It was the perfect environment for tripping, rolling, or getting high. Swim’s friend’s apartment itself was ok, but the real ‘cool’ factor was the entertainment center on the 2nd floor. The 2nd floor consisted of: a gym complete with a stereo and TV and mirrors lining the walls along with a water cooler; a spacious pool area with a sauna, jacuzzi, tables and chairs, and a fairly decent size swimming pool, plus a large section of balcony that was open air facing the ocean allowing a nice cool breeze to settle through the area; a chill-out room with couches, TV, pool table, table tennis table, and stereo; and a cinema room with a huge projector and nice sound system where the guys would usually smoke.

The guys got to K’s (alias) apartment and immediately chugged two bottles of cough syrup each. They mulled around for a little while but got anxious and went down to the pool area to sit down and roll a few joints while they waited for the fun to kick in.

By the time the second joint was going around I started feeling a little giddy. He felt very…. Psychedelic. For some reason. He was quite high but felt more euphoric, and slightly more attentive than he usually would be. He wondered whether he would get any visuals this trip. Just then everything flashed black and a birthday cake made of colourful neon lights flashed on the black “screen” before rapidly disappearing. “Whoa”, thought swim, that was weird. Just minutes later everything flashed black again for a second though this time I saw a stick of red dynamite, in the same neon light design as before. Swim thought for a minute and decided that maybe it was closed eye visuals coming on quick when he blinked. It made sense in a way though the images appeared to him for too long to be blinks really. He decided to experiment. He closed his eyes and waited to see what happened. A few seconds went by with nothing, then suddenly fireworks made up of the same neon lights started flashing all over his field of vision. He opened his eyes and they went away, though his vision seemed a bit hazy. By this point he was getting annoyed at the random visuals popping up out of nowhere when he blinked his eyes (or so he thought, who knows what caused them) so he suggested to K and C (another alias) that they go chill in the entertainment room for a bit as the breeze was messing with him a bit. They killed the j quickly and headed on out.

Swim, K, and C started taking turns playing pool in the other room. Colours were a bit trippier and the guys were obviously inebriated but other than that there weren’t many effects from the DXM. Swim played a game and lost so he sat down and hooked up his MP3 player. He found something good to listen to, Paul Van Dyk live @ Rosemontagsrave. Some nice bouncy trance to keep his spirits up and get him in an energetic mood. Before long though, as the music started to build within the first few minutes of the set, swim found himself standing up and starting to dance. He felt really happy for some reason and the music just really connected with him. He went over to C and told him to stick a headphone in as the music was just kickin! C did and soon they were both dancing along to the music as the pool game continued. K thought this a bit weird and disconcerting and commented on it. Swim and C were feverishly giddy by this time and thought their “mobile rave” was hilarious. Euphoria was at an all time high now. Swim almost thought he was on ecstasy.

After a bit more “mobile raving” I felt really hot and thirsty. It was like ecstasy except even hotter and I was quite disoriented at this point. His coordination was awful. He went out into the main hall and headed next-door to the gym. He filled up a cup with water a few times and gulped it down, letting the sweet cool water run down his parched throat. Then he looked up. That is what really fucked him up. He looked straight into the mirror directly into his monstrously dilated pupils. It was like staring into an endless chasm. He found himself falling into a trance staring down the deep pitch-black holes that burrowed into his eyes. Finally he snapped out of it and tried to look away from the mirrors. He was incredibly confused and disoriented and anxiety was beginning to creep up on him. He sat down on a bench press and closed his eyes, trying to shut everything he could out. Mist swirling around in his mind as he tried to cleanse himself of evil and stressful thoughts. When he felt sufficiently calm he got another glass of water and then quickly left the room.

Swim walked back into the pool room to see his friends starting another game. He felt extremely disoriented and delirious and had trouble walking towards them. He stopped on his way at the ping-pong table as he became too disoriented to continue. The room shrunk to a few feet high, the ceilings compressing swim into in a tiny dwarf. Simultaneously the walls began to slither far away, until the room stretched so far he couldn’t even see where it began or ended anymore. I was trapped in the middle of a huge open expanse with an extremely low ceiling. I could sense his friends were still there playing pool but he couldn’t see them as they were so far away. I started getting anxious again but he took a few deep breaths and the room started to fall back into recognizable dimensions. At this point swim gave up any thoughts of being sociable and went to lay down on the couch nearby.

Swim lay down on the couch, resting his head on the armrest and watching his friends play pool. He watched them for five minutes when the craziest thing happened. His entire field of vision turned into the Simpsons. All the colours became cartoony, and when he looked at his friends he found they had turned into Homer and Moe. It was surreal, it was as if I was actually inside a Simpsons cartoon. Homer and Moe continued to play pool as though nothing was wrong, and even the voices seemed to be the same, though at this point swim’s memory was getting fuzzy so he isn’t sure. He also isn’t sure if his own body looked like the simpsons, or if he could even see his own body at all. He continued to watch the pool game for a while until it ended and swim’s friends came over to join him at the couches. Once one of the friend’s started talking to him he snapped out of Simpsons mode and rejoined the real world.

The intensity of the trip was quite high at this point. I was feeling physical discomfort in the form of heavy sweating and feeling of heat in his body. They rolled up another joint and smoked it, potentiating the effects even more. K and C began having a serious emotional conversation as swim lay back on the couch and let himself go into the trip. I was both in a state of bliss and of terror at this point. I was letting his consciousness flow into the environment around him, sensing the auras they were emitting. The joy he felt at being able to do this was heavily tempered by the fact that he had to stop blinking his eyes. While the insane open eyed visuals had ceased whenever he blinked or closed his eyes he would see thousands and thousands of simpsons characters spinning around him in circles going opposite directions all the way across his field of vision. First he saw thousands of Selma’s (or Patty’s, they look the same!) spinning all around him. Then he blinked and saw thousands of Krusty the Clown’s! As a result of this, I didn’t blink for at least 15 minutes. He pushed his eyes open as wide as possible and stared at the ceiling, watching it morph into different shapes and be encompassed by static. Swim’s memory was failing terribly at this point. He couldn’t understand the conversation his friends were having. He had no idea what was going on. He couldn’t move, couldn’t blink, couldn’t think. He just was there, that’s it. His body became like a fixture, just like the couch or the lights or the pool table. His mind flowed involuntarily over different trains of thought and visions until finally after some time he began to return to his senses. Shortly after he went up to his friend’s apartment and crashed hard, still not really understanding what was happening.. He woke up the next day with little after-effects.

Swim discussed the trip with his friends afterwards. Swim by far had the strongest one. He has a fast metabolism and isn’t too heavy, which may have had something to do with it, but he isn’t sure. K, swim found, didn’t actually drink all two bottles, which explained why he seemed fairly sober compared to swim to an extent. C drank both bottles, but has a slow metabolism so he felt the effects later than I did. Still, swim can’t find an explanation as to why he experienced such intense effects off of 600mg of DXM. Usually such realistic open eyed visuals that cover the entire field of vision are impossible to attain with even shrooms or lsd.

Whatever the reasons, this DXM trip was one of the most insane and memorable I has had, and he wishes he could do it again sometime, though with a sober sitter to help him out with when he freaks out. The trip was also interesting in that it was heavily laden with Simpsons images and themes. This may have been because of the Simpsons marathon that was on the day before. Swim figures that maybe the things viewed/done in the past 24-48 hours stick in your short-term memory and can emerge during the trip. Good thing he didn’t watch horror films!!

Another important thing swim learnt was not to look into mirrors while tripping hard. It is way too intense when in an extremely messed up state of mind and looking into the pupils can be death to all the pleasantness in a trip.

Swim hopes the trip report was decent. He tried to describe the full range of effects he experience, though looking back it seems that he failed to really distinguish when the plateaus changed, though he isn’t sure himself now seeing as how the effects jumped about the entire time. Another thing to mention that may not be apparent from the descriptions is how the effects weren’t constant. I would be tripping extremely hard at one point and then be fairly normal yet really disoriented the next. Then the visuals would come back and he would be tripping hard again. It was a very surreal experience, and quite different from lsd or shrooms where the effects seem to build and then dissolve rather then jump out suddenly and then disappear again.

Hope you enjoyed reading this report, it was a helluva experience for swim.

On the whole, I has had quite a range of experiences with DXM. In the second trip described alone swim experienced an entire array of effects. The effects experienced with DXM seem to be quite variable as to what dosage they occur with. Basically I has three levels of DXM he will do depending on what type of experience he wants (though he may not get it!).
    • 300mg – Nice stoned feeling, usually with a bit of euphoria thrown in. When in a dark environment this can be quite cool as the shadows meld together and vision distortions can produce awesome effects. Very nice in a natural setting as well as this adds to the visual distortions. This is best mixed with some cannabis, especially hash. The synergy can make for some very trippy yet controllable times.
    • 600mg – This general results in some nice visuals, generally closed eye, and quite disorienting effects. Swim also usually goes through a very euphoric stage that feels almost exactly like MDMA. He gets it more with this dose than with higher doses, possibly because the transition isn’t as fast. A dose of 450mg may provide these effects further, though swim prefers to have them for a decent length of time and then after he is in quite a good mood move on to the visuals. This works nicely for him.
    • 900mg – I have quite limited experience with this dose. He remembers the room spinning around him one time until he lost consciousness (in his head at least, not literally) and disappeared for a time (blackout). He also remembers another incident where his spirit dissolved into nothingness only to be reformed again. Yeah…. Crazy. This isn’t a really recreational dose, its more for exploring how fucked up you can get!
    DXM is a very interesting substance as it produces many different effects. If you experiment with dose you can get different selections of effects, giving DXM its recreational potential. The results I got from this experimentation are listed above. These may be helpful as guidelines, though swim seems to be fairly sensitive to DXM (though others may be more sensitive) so you should work to figure out your own doses rather than using the ones here to get the effects you want.

Please feel free to add whatever you want to this thread. More info on the crazy shifts in effects DXM can give in a trip or just the huge range of effects it can give in general would be appreciated, as well as any other crazy DXM stories you would like to share, adding on to this huge rambling post :crazy

2. Bajeda

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    Hmmm, forgot to mention....

Swim sometimes has trouble handling large doses of DXM because of the stomach troubles it gives him. It can often lead to bad trips because he starts puking.

The trips described above are with a different Saudi Arabian cough syrup that is basically DXM powder mixed with water and sugar. Easy on the stomach. Otherwise the 300ml needed to get 900mg of DXM would make that level trip far far worse than described.

3. Bajeda

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    Just wondering, can anyone compare swim's descriptions of the effects he gets at the doses listed above to what people they know experience?

I haven't done DXM in quite some time, and the last time he did it things went bad due to alcohol consumption later on after the trip that brought back the effects. Some of his friends have done it recently and the effects they described were fairly varied from what I remember (described above). He isn't sure if this is just a case of his bad memory when writing the quoted text or rather his friends are just effected differently by the drug due to set and setting.

I want to do DXM sometime as it has been quite a while since he did it last, but as he can't really remember what dose he would take (with little to no tolerance) to get the euphoric E like effects without the extremely intense disassociation and visuals. Any obsevations/comments/experiences would be appreciated to help him gauge the planned dose with his current confusion.

4. Screech

Screech Newbie

Reputation Points:
    I find your description of the 900mg experience to hit very close to home. Almost exactly how I would describe the effects at that level.

I am in a similiar situation where it has been a while since his last dxm experience. He recalls that somewhere between 450-600mg may be where you want to try dosing for the desired effects. I would go with 600mg, it seems to be the best overall experience.

5. Female

Female Titanium Member

Reputation Points:
    31 y/o from U.S.A.
    Swim thinks what SWIBajeda said about recently seen images/movies etc affecting the trip is completely true. SWIM often sees things from her work, or repeating actions in her head that she had done at work. She likens it to DXM getting all the random shit, all the trash and loose ends, out of her brain and thought waves. It's almost uncomfortable at times, seeing how chaotic and random her brain actually is.

6. Graduisic

Graduisic Palladium Member

Reputation Points:
    30 y/o from U.S.A.

this rings true for swim as well. I would draw the following analogy

experiences and thoughts during the day are collected and stored, and processed during sleep and often these thoughts and experiences manifest themselves in dreams

apply the same concept to things experienced while on DXM. that would explain why after a full night of dxm tripping and no sleep he would feel refreshed; like he just got a full 8 hours

as for 900+mg doses. I would agree that for someone whom dabbles in DXM use this would be in the blackout-range. for swim, at the 900+mg threshold, he is able to retain memory and have full-blown open eye visuals. brain-frying though it be :applause:

7. Paroxysm

Paroxysm Newbie

Reputation Points:
    from earth
    cool stories :p swim just recently started showing some interest in drugs. He started smoking pot on occasion in grade 10 and has grown further and further from it. I get kind of paranoid and stuff when he gets high on pot, and when he is with friends he goes from his normal self to kind of quiet.

I am 19 now and tried his first dose of dxm a few weeks back. His first does was 300mg, and to his surprise (after reading 300mg should be a nice trip) he felt almost no effect. He weighs about 75kg (165 lbs) and decided to try a 360mg dose the second time he tried it. That time he felt a little more of the effects, but still not to the effect he wanted it. The mid-section of his body felt as if it was taller and he felt a nice stoned feeling, and his body felt alot different. These effects only lasted for about 10-15min until the wore off, and in about an hour and a half he felt to be his normal self again

His third attempt at getting nice and high off dxm will be sometime this week. I am planning on taking about 450mg+ this time in hopes that he gets what everyone else is talking about (hoping for a second plateau experience). What do you guys think, should that be a sufficient enough increase in dosage to give swim a nice trip? :p

8. tommygreen23

tommygreen23 Newbie

Reputation Points:
    SWIM wishes he could trip like he did the very first time, it was quite cool!

When SWIM makes his reintroduction to DXM he plans to make a trip log to share with not only himself but others. He tried several times but got distracted by some things and the lack of ability to write legibly in the dark. SWIM's logs might start out good, but end up being illegible chicken scratch, even on the smallest doses. (SWIM's handwriting is terrible even when not on DXM :) )

I found this file saved on his computer, he has no idea who wrote it and why they did not finish it ;)

SWIM wishes this was finished :crazy

9. Graduisic

Graduisic Palladium Member

Reputation Points:
    30 y/o from U.S.A.
    this would be how I would sum up his habituation for DXM, seeking that same first-time experience

10. Melatonin

Melatonin Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    SWIM's first experience with DXM was with a full box of triple c's (16 pills, 480mg).

I thought he would be fine due to the comforting words of a friend who had already done triple c's, but he was very, VERY wrong. After about an hour, I started to feal very light. I got up from his bed and walked around, enjoying this light euphoria. After a while, he started to notice that everything was "screaming" at him. What I am trying to say is that he was bombarded by his sense of sight, images seemed to be too much to take in.
    He started to get a feeling of dysphoria, which grew and grew to the point that I thought he was going to die. SWIM told his freind (who had also taken 16 c's) to open the window so that I could vomit (he did not want his parents to find out by going to the bathroom). He vomited.. HARD, and in quite large amounts. This made SWIM feel a bit better, but he still had the sense of impending death.
    I felt outside his body, and feelings of "pushes" started from his lower body and went all the way up to behind his eyes. He was laying in his bed, in the dark for 3 hours, just begging to comedown while his friend was having "the most intense trip of his life".
    At one point, SWIM's friend went to the bathroom. SWIM turned on the light in his room at this time, and realized that he was fine. I enjoyed the final hour of his trip in an intense euphoria coupled with a mild dissociation.

SWIM's other numerous DXM experiences started out with an odd fear of music. Any time an intense bass beat or snare drum would sound he would be terrified. After his tolerance developed, the opposite happened: an intense love of music.
    The best experience I had was with 18 c's (540mg). The come up was fairly intense for him, this time his sense of smell being "screamed" at with the dank aroma of cheese on crackers. I remember asking his friend (who was actually on myristicin from a big quantity of nutmeg he had eaten) to take the crackers away because SWIM might vomit.
    The most strange experience was with 20 c's (600mg). I had no intense "screaming" come-up, only an intense dissociation (he nearly forgot who and where he was). He spent most of this trip asking his brother, "Why are you so small?" and, "Dude... why is Mewtwo so mean? What did those pokemon ever do to him?" (he was watching the first pokemon movie with his brother).
    SWIM nearly lost consciousness back in his room, telling his dog, "Lucky, you have to stop me, help me get out of this". He held on to his dog very tightly, then gradually came down.

I haven't partaken in DXM in quite sometime, but plans on getting the straight powder for his next trip.

11. Bajeda

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    Well my buddy swim just recollected a very different sort of DXM experience elsewhere and remembered this thread and thought he would share it here. Not sure if he has posted about it elsewhere in the DXM forums, but this would be a different write-up anyways so might as well add it to this mini trip-report compendium.

I was replying to someone who puked on DXM after consuming it on an empty stomach, which prompted the following reminiscence.

________________________________________________________________________________________________________
    ________________________________________________________________________________________________________

I had a similar thing happen to me. I took a bunch of DXM gel caps on an empty stomach and then went to the dormitory dining hall, figuring I had enough time to eat before it would hit. It ended up kicking in HARD and instantaneously out of nowhere when I was at least 3/4 the way through my meal. I stood up, told my friends to please put my tray away for me since I had to get out of there.

Went upstairs and drank some water and chilled for like 10 min until some buddies came up. Went to a friend's room with these two girls, then turned off the lights and sat down to watch family guy. Holy shit! My head started spinning, it felt like my entire body was being swiveled around at tremendous speed, and I could even see the entire room from 360 degree angle as I rotated, despite my actually sitting still looking at the TV. Then the family guy became a blur that mixed in with the various sides of the room as I rotated faster and faster, with Brian and Stewie melting into each other and forming a vaguely defined horizontally moving swirl of white, yellow and red.

It got to be too much, I was losing grip on reality and had to get the fuck out of there! I got up to leave and then felt a phantom sucker punch fly into my stomach, throwing my upper body forward as an overwhelming torrent of nausea deluged my senses, prompting me to sprint to the nearest men's bathroom at full speed. I reached the stall adjacent to the entrance, pushed open the door and lunged forward.

Wasn't quick enough... just as I was about to throw myself toward my porcelain saviour, projectile vomit violently spewed forth about the stall in the general direction of the toilet, with some of it actually landing in the bowl, though most over or under shot it. It was a sight to see, I'll tell ya! Just covered it in various mid to small sized chunks of indeterminate composition, all with a vaguely light yellow-brownish colour. So then I got to clean all that up, while still tripping balls and seeing all sorts of insane cosmoses and beings in the porridge-like mush.

Rest of the trip was fairly uneventful, aside from my going to a party hours later after I thought it had died down (it had, but there was still DXM in my system) and drinking a bunch of beer and bringing the trip back and then puking all over myself and going comatose and having to have a drunk friend commandeer his gf's car and drive me to the dorms (not the greatest idea) after a taxi refused to accept me, and then have three or four friends literally carry me up to my room, where I woke up with all my clothes still on - including the puke stained hoodie - wondering just what the fuck had happened. Luckily (not) there were pictures, and I got plenty of details from my not so happy friends who bitched me out plenty.

Good times.

So yes, the moral of the story is DONT USE DXM ON AN EMPTY STOMACH!!!

Oh, and wait at least 12 hours - preferably 24 - after consuming DXM before ingesting alcohol. The result can be very unpredictable, producing consequences like those described above.

12. CoryInJapan

CoryInJapan Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    I have had this happen many times where he would be seeing intensly vivid visuals with closed eye's and would open them and it would cover his entire field of view on manny occasions ..I have done it quite a few times though...more than 6 hands could count.