The oregon country fair

Discussion in 'Research Chemicals' started by Pinkavvy, Jul 4, 2004.

1. Pinkavvy

Pinkavvy Platinum Member & Advisor

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    For those of you in the northwest, the barter fair is next weekend, and i hear there will be many RC's there. =)

2. Psilocybe S.

Psilocybe S. Newbie

Reputation Points:
    31 y/o
    I dont understand. I'm planning on moving to oregon..and this sounds good, so would you please explain? do you mean you can buy these "RC's" at the oregon fair?

3. mycoguy

mycoguy Newbie

Reputation Points:
    37 y/o
    from what I've gathered, at night, the fair (the campgrounds, rather) turns into a big "drug-fest", supposedly, you can find just about anything. I almost went this year, but ended up quitting my job a few days prior.

4. Pinkavvy

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    The fair was a blast this year. Yes, after hours each night the fair turns into the biggest fry party on earth. (swip heard conversation of "gallons" of acid by some of the 'elders.)

However, in order to get into these after hour parties, you have to be an elder or family of an elder. (elder meaning that you have attended/worked at the fair for at least 10 years in a row or you are family of the orginal land owners.) They have bracelets that are what get you in. swip know one guy that traded 2 lbs of high quality hydro-dank weed for a bracelet for the last night. However, even better than the fair, is the camps outside of the fair. There's about 20 to chose from. They range in cost. The most prestigious one is called the "Darling Family Reunion." If you have never been to a rainbow festival or a similar festival, the environment may be new to you.

swip's friends and swip stayed at the Darling this year and it was completely crazy. We had to wait in line for 3 hours early thursday morning before the fair, so we were sure to get a spot, not being part of the family and all yet. The admission was $40 per person. It was swip's first time at the darling, so swip was a little hesitant, but paid the way of myself and 3 of swip's friends. And low and behold, it was heaven. The first hour we made friends with some of the family that was working the ranch. (One of them made opium at our camp area.) We setup camp in an area that people would have to walk by us on the way out to the forresty area, where the drum circle and everything was. The frist hour swip had made by money back times 3 by bartering and selling the glass swip took and ganja goodies and hemp and tiedie and everything. It was complete freedom. Everybody, and swip mean EVERYBODY was partaking of herbs and sharing with one another openly and freely. And not just herbs, anything and swip mean ANYTHING was available. swip was completely sold out the first night. (going to go much well prepared next time.) People just walk around the ranch and smoke each other out. Old hippies sitting around with barels full of herbs. It was heaven. Then night time came and the party really started. Since the darling ranch is right across the road from the entrence of the fair, you could hear the druming, dancing, screaming, howling, and partying going on at the fair. And everyone hurled past our camp area into the forrest path that leads to the drum circle and fire pit where the druming starts at sundown and goes to sunup. Dancing and screaming takes place all night and the drum circle ... naked hippie fire dancing and everything. and EVERYONE is frying. And those that werent were friendly to it and were 'high on life' and dacning right along. And if you get tired of the intense worshiping of life at the drum circle, go the other way into the woods and you'll find the rave. Yes, that's right, a rave EACH NIGHT of the campout. Or you can walk around the ranch and meet everyone that's at the camp and smoke out with everyone. Eat ganja food. Talk. Live. Or just stay at your camp and greet everyone. We stumbled into our tent a couple hours before sunup each night so that we could getup at 11 or noon to go to the fair for a couple hours before the party again.

One of the night of the camp, swip decided to eat an 8th of cubensis. After eating those about a half hour later swip walked through the "babylon" area of the ranch where all the warez are peddled.... "Mushrooms! Molly! Headies!" you hear one person yelling out, "Ecstacy, K, 2c-b" another screams out. "Dank Hydro!, Mushrooms, Payote!" somebody else yells out what they are offering. One of the big dreaded hippies showed us these mushrooms swip's friend and swip had never seen. Mind you, swip was already on an 8th of shrooms. He said they are golden teachers, closed caps .. a gram will do ya he says. swip's friends and swip buy an 8th for $ and are on our way. swip eat one of the four little shrooms and say whatever. And then swip tripped. swip mean swip TRIPPED! Never been so fried in swip's life. Kept trying to communicate to everyone that swip was frying really hard and was having so much fun, but could only spit out the words "im tripin" and "im so confused." Later that night, somebody sprayed me down with acid. Just a squirt in swip's face as swip was talking. The night got really weird after that. lol

Anyway ... there are festivals like this all over the world ... one almost every weekend. There are many people who travel from festival to festival their whole life. The oregon country fair is one of the more well known ones ... but it takes years to get into the click there. Get yourself into the darling reuinion next year at the country fair and you'll know a whole differant side of life.

Last edited: Mar 23, 2007
  5. Pinkavvy

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    a little more info ... there are cops. hundreds of them literally lining the streets outside of the camp sites and ranches each night. it's not safe to go off the grounds, as there is most suredly a cop waiting for you to wonder out. If you are at a good camp gathering there are onsite lawyers and medical there to keep everyone safe, and to keep the cops away. Sure there may be undercovers there, but nobody gets busted on the grounds of the camp sites. the undercovers are there mostly to see whats available drugwise. if they tried a raid or something, there would be anarchy. (fyi, the oregon country fair turns veneta into the largest city in oregon for 3 days each year.) so stay on your camp grounds at night.

6. searcher

searcher Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from Massachusetts, U.S.A.
    Sounds like a fun place to go. I don't think I'll ever get to go though, It's 3000+ miles from where I live.

7. Pinkavvy

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    there are festivals and gatherings like that almost every weekend all over the world

8. searcher

searcher Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from Massachusetts, U.S.A.
    I've been to the Boston hempfest a couple times. That was fun.http://www.masscann.org/rally.htm

9. mycoguy

mycoguy Newbie

Reputation Points:
    37 y/o
    Ya....that's pretty much what I heard , about the cops.
    One year, they tried banning Pipe sales, and half of the vendors didn't show up, and thus the fair-people lost alot of potential money, and so did the community.

After your amazing story, I'll definitely be there next year, and I'll come prepared.

10. wizard warior

wizard warior Newbie

Reputation Points:
    wow that sound amazing must really crazy all thos high people buzzing about.was that acid as in lsd you got srpayed in you face thats sounds mad,i wish they had parties like that were i stay.

11. Pinkavvy

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    <BLOCKQUOTE> Originally posted by wizard warior on 11 August 2004
    <HR>
    wow that sound amazing must really crazy all thos high people buzzing about.was that acid as in lsd you got srpayed in you face thats sounds mad,i wish they had parties like that were i stay.
    <HR>
    </BLOCKQUOTE>

they do ... there are festivals all over the world almost every weekend :)

12. 32785

32785 Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Burning man- check it out on the web, I'll see you there.

13. Pinkavvy

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    burning man can be fun, however due to it's recent corporate interests, they are much less lax on drugs then they used to be

14. mycoguy

mycoguy Newbie

Reputation Points:
    37 y/o
    by the way.....those golden teachers are just a strain of P. Cubensis.

15. Pinkavvy

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    <BLOCKQUOTE> Originally posted by mycoguy on 14 August 2004
    <HR>
    by the way.....those golden teachers are just a strain of P. Cubensis.
    <HR>
    </BLOCKQUOTE>

yeah, am starting a batch now ;)

16. Pinkavvy

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    the country fair is coming up again in like two weeks ... I hope to see many of you there. lol my group, the llama tribe, will be found at the darling reunion in the "loud side" with the family. :)

oh .. the llama tribe can be found by yelling llama and listening for the response.

lol

17. GDxCAT

GDxCAT Titanium Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    This sounds like my type of event. Sadly i wont be able to attend.

I am going to all good though(a hippie type music festival) which has a very similar drug situation as you described.

Well, perhaps ill attend this next year.

hooray for hippies

18. moldie

moldie Newbie

Reputation Points:
    I've gone to a few festies in the northwest. Reggae on the River is always good, I alsowent to a northern cali regional gathering in the mattole. Is the oregon county fair really in two weeks? It sounds like it's going to be conflicting with the national rainbow gathering. There must have been a lot of family at the fair last year since the national gathering was in california, but this year it's in west virginia so the oregon thing might be missing an element. I'm going down to west virginia next week (better late than never, I'm usually there at seed camp). I usually spend a month at the national gatherings, they really drag on.

For anyone interested in east coastfestivals, Camp Bisco and the Moedown are alwaysgood for drugs, the wormtown music festival in western mass is the best, that's around late september though. StrangeCreek already happened this year (same place as wormtown), pretty decent drug scene. Stay away from anything run by a big promoter, once great festivals like gathering of the vibes in new york or bonnaroo in tennessee are now complete shit!

Burning Man is fucking gay. I can't believe people are into that shit. I went like 5 years ago and found it absurd. There are WAY more drugs and cool people to be found elsewhere.

19. Pinkavvy

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    moldie - burning man is way too coporate, and the drug scene is lost there on the yippies.

the oregon country fair was awesome, becaue many people came up from the gathering for it, and the dead tour hit it all at the same night.

this year it was still be very cool. I attended the www.snwmf.com this year it was was cool, except the cops herassed the camp grounds on saturday. regea on the river is always, good ... I was unable to get tickets for this years event however, plus am busy getting ready for the country fair. the darlingn reuinion will be the happening place this year, since there will be 5 differant tours stoping by for the saturday party.

20. JewishNazi

JewishNazi Gold Member Newbie

Reputation Points:
    know of anything like this going on in Victoria, Australia?