Social - The perks of smoking partners

Discussion in 'Cannabis' started by akirablaid, Jan 28, 2006.

1. akirablaid

akirablaid Newbie

Reputation Points:
    The pot smoking community is heavily based on friendliness and the "it's all good" mentality. It's very common for smokers to smoke people up, despite the expensive cost of weed.
    I am always ready to smoke anyone up, and will always go out of his way to find someone to smoke with. Smoking is always funner with people, and pot's a very social drug.
    I have developed relationships with people he calls smoking partners. These are people you smoke with a lot. Few people have pot all the time, and in this way they're always there to hook each other up. When his friends are low on nugs they know he'll be glad to smoke them up, and vice versa.
    Generocity rarely goes unrewarded, and it's always good to have friends you can smoke with so no one goes sober for too long ;]

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 1, 2010
  2. bcStoner420

bcStoner420 Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    I have lots of friends that they will smoke each other up back and forth, whether or not the other has pot although in the group of people I know almost everyone always has some.

I disagree with one thing though, that pot is a social drug. While it's true that pot can be quite social for some it is the opposite, and makes them very unsocial. It most likely just depends who you know and are friends with.

I also have a drug "partner" with whom he does jsut about any drug with, they are close friends and have been for sometime. Whats SWIM's is his and whats his is SWIM's.

3. Nature Boy

Nature Boy Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from ireland
    I smoke pot alone mainly which I enjoy, but I must admit having a smoke with friends can be a good laugh.

4. sands of time

sands of time Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    When I smoked alot, he would smoke with many friends. Each person would throw in an amount and roll some doobs or a blunt. Those were the days... It's comparable to offering a buddy a beer, or buying drinks for a friend at a bar.

I think pot is one of those things that people enjoy doing together with others. There is a bond that smoke buddies develop, one of trust and common interest. It's essentially a win-win situation, when your out they help you out, and when they are out you help them out. When you have many smoke buddies, you get a network going that you can depend on, so when you need to catch a buzz, you can count on someone.

Ah yes... The dynamics of smoke buddies...

5. carousel

carousel Newbie

Reputation Points:
    I like smoking with people that are easy to get a long with and have a good time with. I had to stop smoking with people who don't smoke with SWIM (even if swim enjoys the company) because its very costly.

My #1 rule: Smoke with SWIM, SWIM smokes with you.

6. Muirner

Muirner Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.K.
    When I am smoking, I had a device that kind of leads to only a single person smoking, it's called a bukket. It's like a self contained gravity bong. This is a one pack, one hit at a time device, not like a bowl. While I use this for an ausome high, it's also economical. So as everyone says, weed is expensive, and not everyone has all the time, so I say:
    "Weed is expensive, so why not conserve? So, Fuck it, and do a bukket!"

But the one benefit that SWIM knowtices of smoking with friends, is that the high feels more intense. Sure when your lit and by yourself your gooned... but that could feel just like normal for most people. But when your with friends, and your laughing and talking you will knowtice being high a lot more... at least in my opinion...

Muirner

7. deji

deji Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    Those were the days.

Everyone would scrape up $5 and get a sack. Dont have $5? No problem, just get a job someday :)

On days we all had a sack, we would roll the fattest blunts.

I always think of the funniest thing when I think of this though. There were always "scavenger" smokers. They would never had money, never had weed. But always wanted to smoke. You know in the movie Friday, where snoop dog went to hit the joint? And he was like, I have some for sale. Snoop dog was like, damn, I just quit yesterday. I knew lots of people like this.

It didnt matter, since we were all good friends. But it would always come up why some people never have weed and manage to be high 24/7.

8. sands of time

sands of time Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    Deja, I has known many people like that. This one guy would always come over and ask to puff a J. The worst part about it was he would then ask for a ride home cause he does not have a car...

9. Muirner

Muirner Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.K.
    Actually... not to be a dick, but that's from Half Baked. Not Friday.

But ya, i know someone like that, every night we were gonna smoke we'd do it at his house because he offered, the catch (and there always is one) that he never threw down $ for bud. just because it was his house... fucking guy

Muirner

Last edited: Feb 2, 2006
  10. deji

deji Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    I am almost 100% sure its from friday. When smokey was smoking the joint and snoop came creeping around like a scavenger and asked to hit it. And smokey said he has some for sale. Actually he was like, "Thats too bad, I just quit yesterday." As he was hitting it, was hilarious.

Been a while since I have seen either movie so could be wrong. Doesnt matter anyway.

But yeah, there is always somebody like that in the group. The funny thing, when they have their own, they are stingy about it and will only smoke alone or with maybe one or two people.

Its the best though to get them high, then rip on them about why they never have weed. They will always make up lame excuses.

And I bet the guy that came to smoke a joint and needed a ride home probably didnt offer gas money, but yet he asked to take him through the drive though to get something to eat :)

11. IHrtHalucingens

IHrtHalucingens Palladium Member

Reputation Points:
    31 y/o
    It is from half baked just hit some bongs and watched it. But anywho it doesnt really matter we all know what your talking about. There is one in every group. my friend who does that uses his car as his payment. hes like ill drive to get the weed and drive while we smoke it. He has a nice car an all, but we really chill with him because he is the funniest kid ive ever met and while high he is all sorts of fun to be around. We all know he never throws down but hes our friend and we allow it because thats the kind of friends we are! =) haha

12. raven3davis

raven3davis R.I.P. Palladium Member R.I.P.

Reputation Points:
    When I used to smoke it was nice to have smoking buddies. It was almost guaranteed that every day atleast one buddy would call up wanting to smoke. More than often I could get high off buddies weed alone but he always matched. It is also good since you and buddies can match or each throw in a bit to a blunt or something. Somking is fun either alone or with friends its just good to have buddies to be able to fall back on and vise versa.

13. deji

deji Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    I apologize. You guys are correct.

14. StigmataLectron

StigmataLectron Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    30 y/o from U.S.A.
    I have friends who he doesn't mind mooching off of his stash, but only occasionally has friends who will smoke him out. ):

15. fnord

fnord Palladium Member

Reputation Points:
    smoking buddies are great, do any of you feel you have to smoke with some one or you really cant smoke, i like getting high with friends

16. IHrtHalucingens

IHrtHalucingens Palladium Member

Reputation Points:
    31 y/o
    I prefer smoking with friends, it makes for a great time, but i also enjoy smoking by myself sometimes, usually a few bowls before bedtime.

17. StigmataLectron

StigmataLectron Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    30 y/o from U.S.A.
    I'm with IHrtHalucingens on this one. Smoking alone makes me realise what a lonely junkie bastard I am, but I don't care, I like being high. ^_^

18. Tessapants

Tessapants Newbie

Reputation Points:
    30 y/o
    I quite enjoy smoking alone. But I like smoking with other people ten times more... Of course, sometimes, it just depends on your mood/how you feel.

I usually don't have money to throw around, so normally I don't smoke anyone up unless they have Match. OR.. if they're a very good friend of mine. :)

PS: Who the heck is SWIM? (I'm a newb here.)

19. pharmapsyche

pharmapsyche AKA Miss Methylene Titanium Member

Reputation Points:
    To answer Tessapants's questions...I am "Someone Who I Met", use it insteadof saying I, to protect yourself, ofcourse. SWIM like to smoke with his bestfriend, they always laugh and have a great time. SWIM and her friend enjoy watching silly old disney movies, let me add Hariet the Spy had never been such a good movie before...lol. But I do enjoy smoking alone sometimes, It's fun when you don't have anything to do on a lazy day, or even sometimes before I go to classes, or before bed. Either way it is great becuase marijuana is beautiful! But smoking with friend always brings laughs!

20. Tessapants

Tessapants Newbie

Reputation Points:
    30 y/o
    Ah, I get it. Thanks.