Question - the rainbow family: Who are they and how are they related to LSD?

Discussion in 'LSD' started by dsfkjjk, Jul 16, 2004.

1. dsfkjjk

dsfkjjk Newbie

Reputation Points:
    i hear a lot about "the rainbow family" and was wonderin who they are.... what they do and so forth

2. searcher

searcher Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from Massachusetts, U.S.A.
    They are a group of hippys that believe in freedom of assembly and free speach. They have "gatherings" in National parks and drink and take drugs because in America, people have the right to peaceful assembly.

Do a Google search

3. Bodhisattva500

Bodhisattva500 Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    Somebody at a grateful dead concert was telling me about how he learned how to make some stew from the "rainbow kids". He said everyday they would just throw a bunch of everything they had in a pot and let everyone eat. We endeud up making some that night. We put hot dogs, navy beans, chili, and corn in a pot and stirred it with a stick. It was delicious!

4. LuvsToSmokeDust

LuvsToSmokeDust Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Well what ever you do don't drop acid in anything thats warm or hot because LSD 's destroyed by heat.

5. Bodhisattva500

Reputation Points:
    I didnt mean they put acid in the stew just whatever food they could scrape together, its always turns out deliciuos!!!! Oh yeah and its good to pour a beer in as well

6. Pinkavvy

Pinkavvy Platinum Member & Advisor

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    in an actual rainbow gathering you wont find hotdogs for that stew. most of the actual rainbows are vegans. their most common food is various things picked in the forrest and cooked as a stir fry with some cury. (the most common shared meal)

they are 100% peaceful and 100% anarchist. no authority allowed, and for the most part are left alone.

7. Bodhisattva500

Reputation Points:
    Well this guy i met at the dead show was actually at a rainbow gathering and actually told me that this is what they would eat.The stew the we made at the dead show had hot dogs in it because that was what was available. He didnt imply that whathe and the rainbow kidsmade had hot dogs in it. All he said was that they would throw everything they had in a pot and cook it.

8. djryand

djryand Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Can't get much better than that. Roaming around in nature, tripping, completely free, and LEFT ALONE!!!

How do i join?[​IMG]

9. Alfa

Alfa Productive Insomniac Staff Member Administrator

Reputation Points:
    117 y/o from The Netherlands
  10. wednesday

wednesday Newbie

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    that sounds like a beautiful beautiful thing

here are the drug forums we are all part of the rainbow family

oh so corny...

Paul

11. djryand

djryand Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Thanks Alfa. Man, I would love to go to one of those gatherings, or any gathering based on peace, love, and mother earth. Wish I could join a Native American tribe [​IMG]

12. trillions

trillions Newbie

Reputation Points:
    They ruin national forest land, pollute streams and destroy animal habitat.... I for one think being one with nature wouldn't involve such things but I've seen first hand what these large "gatherings" have done... and it's horrible...

so... be a hippy if you want... but please... use the outhouses and stop shitting in the creeks...

13. Pinkavvy

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    I am family. I am have to many of the national gatherings as well as many regional family gatherings and faires. And the most commonly shared meal contains absolutely no animal flesh.

14. Pinkavvy

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    at most gatherings both national and regional there are outhouses. and those that chose not to use those outhouses either clean up after themselves, or others clean up after them. infact, after each gathering, some of the family stays behind for weeks and cleans up 100% and leaves the area exactly or better then the way it was found.

dont buy in the the media lies about the family

15. trillions

trillions Newbie

Reputation Points:

See THAT was the part where I stated that I had SAW FIRST HAND in person i.e. I was there a week afterwards and SAW what one of the large gatherings can do, and I know it scolding all for the sins of few is outright, but this didn't seem like A FEW....

16. Pinkavvy

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    yeah. you weren't at an official rainbow gathering then... probably just at some concert fest. because even the NATIONAL FORREST RANGERS state that in the last 30 years the ACTUAL rainbow family gatherings have ALWAYS left the area the same or better then the way the found it. at an actual rainbow gathering there has always been and will always be a few hundred that stay behind for a few (3 or 4) weeks to clean and rejuvinate the area.

17. Pinkavvy

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    See THAT was the part where I stated that I had SAW FIRST HAND in person i.e. I was there a week afterwards and SAW what one of the large gatherings can do, and I know it scolding all for the sins of few is outright, but this didn't seem like A FEW.... [/QUOTE]

oh yeah ... which gathering exactly was that you were at? I've been to many of the official ones in the last decade. So, please tell me which one you were at where the cleanup and rejouvination was not done.

it's unfortunate that people think that just any gathering or music festival is a rainbow gathering, as that's what of the many things that cause misconception about the rainbows. another misconception about the rainbows is that it's a "weekend hippy warrior" thing.... whereas much of the famil live their entire lifes out in a traveling or stationary tribal community, and these differant factions of the family are all over the world. it's actually the minority of people that are "weekend hippies" and just go to the major events and such and don't protect the environment and clean up afterward.

so, anyway back to the question, please tell us which gathering were you at that you witnessed a lack of cleanup and rejouvination. it's important you say, so that i can make sure it gets back to the elders who will make sure the area is revisted and a few people to rejouvinate and fix the alleged mistake.

18. Pinkavvy

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    yeah.... still waiting on which gathering you were at?

19. HippieD9

HippieD9 Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.

[​IMG]LOL [​IMG] good going pinkavvy!

Peace,

D.

20. dastardlymonkey

dastardlymonkey Newbie

Reputation Points:
    rainbows are not all hippie vegan i love the planet people. there are gutter punks, castro district faries, buissiness men ect. it is people from all walks of life getting together and havin a good time. you can find meat there. the national i went to in montana a rancher slaghtered a cow for us to eat. there is a hierarchy. the elders sit around a grumble and accomplish very little, and everybody is shentasena(misspelled) and rumer patrol. p.s. billy idle is doing cleanup at this years national.