The safety or risks of an ointment

Discussion in 'Nightshades' started by Alfa, Jul 6, 2006.

1. Alfa

Alfa Productive Insomniac Staff Member Administrator

Reputation Points:
    117 y/o from The Netherlands
    It is absolutely not safe to take atropine plants orally. How about ointments?
    Genaro has explained quite a lot here about ointments:
    https://drugs-forum.com/forum/showpost.php?p=128834&postcount=25
    But it still leaves the risk factor of ointments unexplained. All I know is that an ointment has less risk then oral doses. But that doesn't mean much as oral doses are extremely dangerous. So, does anyone have more information about this?

2. hh339

hh339 Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    The point of this would be to only take the scopolamine and not the atropine which will not absorb through the skin, based on what Genaros post said. I have read some research saying that even 5 mg of scopolamine could be fatal, but I dont recall where I read it so I can not back it up.

3. tre2005be

tre2005be Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    hh339 after 793 posts why are you not a gold member yet?? i'd be havin some words with alfa (only jokin alfa dont ban me) lol

4. hh339

hh339 Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    Because I have been a naughty boy in the past. But this is not relevant to the thread.

Does anyone know the percentage of scopolamine in various daturas?

5. Alfa

Alfa Productive Insomniac Staff Member Administrator

Reputation Points:
    117 y/o from The Netherlands
    I have just uploaded some files in the nightshade section of the file archive. It may be found in there. Please check that out. I have to run now.

6. 420sublime420

420sublime420 Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    30 y/o from U.S.A.
    the problem with using a scopolamine based ointment is the fact that it has SCOPOLAMINE in it and this is a extremely toxic and dangerous chemical. You have more of a chance of killing yourself than having a pleasurable trip...

7. tre2005be

tre2005be Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    still though every post i've seen you post has been relative and/or informative. You must of done some really bad shit in the past to not deserve gold membership by now.

8. genaro

genaro Iridium Member

Reputation Points:
    well, from a toxicology book:

atropine lethal dose in adult is 10mg or more
    scopolamine lethal dose in adult is >2-4mg

generally, in adults, 5mg atropine is considered a toxic dose, and 4mg for scopolamine.

so yeah, an ointment wouldn't be 'safe' as both atropine and scopolamine are very dangerous substances.
    But it seems (according to a few books about drugs) that tripping from scopolamine alone is less bad than tripping from both scopolamine and atropine, that's why ointment might well be less dangerous than tea.