Events - The sky may fall on april 1st.

Discussion in 'Drug Policy Reform & Narco Politics' started by Egzoset, Feb 3, 2019.

1. Prohibitioni$ts shall prevail

2. Victims of the "War on Drugs" may see hints of progress at last...

3. Non-listed item

Multiple votes are allowed.
Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. Egzoset

Egzoset Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from Qc/Can
    Hummm...

Right now how about this?

The sky may fall on April 1st.

Make your bet!! <-

1. Prohibitioni$ts shall prevail
      2 vote(s)

2. Victims of the "War on Drugs" may see hints of progress at last...
      0 vote(s)

3. Non-listed item

IMO it's still time to welcome votes and suggestions for additional poll items. Or i may pick another cornerstone of the "Légaleezation" timeline if you prefer, like Hilary Geller who's now "serving" elsewhere in the system... This would have caused me to bring back reminescences of Harper days when the mother of 6yr-old Liam McKnight was told by H.-C. to make him SMOKE his prescription, while his medical condition actually required extracts and quite possibly a more suitable consumption method, euh...

The story of Joy Davies citing controversial scientific articles might shead a different light on the 2015 pre-electoral period as well. My point is that there's been symbolical actions not reflecting the conservative model depicting Trudeau as a pro-pot, essentially - and he's not any ordinary Canuck citizen, which means he got to be made accountable for political orientations NOT grounded in real "science", or at least focussing all too much on perpetuating the persecussion of a social group while obstinately failing to fix what's the true "menace" in cannabis, which is PROHIBITION creating an illicit market if not imposing a predatory system even worse than it was when illegal... Plus the war against all things which enter/exit my superior orifices!

o_O

Quite honestly, i find slightly mis-guided to generate "shortage" panic in "medical" clients when at the same time the SQdC thinks we'll all rush inside to hand out our identity cards (...), simply to be shown 0 % THC / 12 % CBD @ ~6.75 $/g, delivered with red-stamped propaganda as a bonus! Meanwhile we've observed (in low-profile articles published as soon as at the end of December 2016, for example...) mind-puzzling pesticide issues (...), tumbled weed, mold... Dead predatory insects and hence presumably the presence of poop "seasoning" after feeding on a previous infestation, followed by cobalt-60 radio-active ionizing sterilization. Astucally i even started to think of a broad-spectrum systemic herbicide called Glyphosate!... Russian Roulette sounds safer all the sudden.

:confused:

M'well, it's going to be a steep ride if this government is supposed to show respect to those it turned into instant "criminals" last fall.

But you're absolutely correct: so far Justin Trudeau isn't saying that his Liberals will push "Prohibition v2.0" forward - and certainly not his political opponents. Yet, among a few cornerstones i still find that Dana Larsen concatenated the problem with this bold proposal:

[ https:// vancouversun.com/news/community-blogs/pot-smokers-dont-need-rules-we-need-an-apology ]
    VC: Pot smokers don't need rules. We need an apology! (2015-Oct-30)

« ...it’s a continuation of prohibition... »

That was many years ago. Now imagine the comments of Joy Davies today, i just got to wonder!! Or Bony Jean-Pierre/Jean-Pierre Bony (journalists can't even check his name's spelling), if only he were still alive to qualify KILLING by police over 8 oz. gathered from multiple pockets not even his own. His head crushed by an alternative ballistic weapon just hours from April 1st, in Montréal "Noir" if you get my meaning...

Words are great when it's time to announce action, but my argument with "Légaleezation" is that the actions don't reflect the kind "elite" words. It's supposed to protect kids while in fact the rights of 3rd-party strangers have precedence on the rights of legally-vulnerable minors forming a group which didn't exist when cannabis was smoked as asthma treatment in Victorian days...

In any case potential participants remain invited to add their vote.

Good day, have fun!! :D

Last edited: Feb 22, 2019
  2. Nosferatus

Nosferatus Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    30 y/o from Canada
    Okay, I can agree that cannabis has historically been handled less than reasonably from a legal perspective, I believe a significant majority of people would find little contention there, can you agree that the present situation is at least an improvement? Also where would you like to see things go? What still needs to happen in your view?

Last edited: Feb 23, 2019
  3. Egzoset

Egzoset Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from Qc/Can
    Hi again Nosferatus,

Thanks for a most appreciable opening gesture. :D

And yet it seems like quite a vast abyss remains between two irreconcilable realities, which explains why so many inconsistencies kept piling up since even before 2015: e.g. 1 "error" could be put on the account of human nature, while this much just cannot once it has become evident that one common feature of "Légaleezation" is vilification of all cannabis aspects including consumers, in a most damaging (self-serving) attempt to create safe political distance with so-called "banalisation" - for electoralist purposes...

There was some brief period, before the elections (...), when i wished i could be mistaken after predicting that the son would follow his father's trail by justifying the presence of extreme armed forces in the streets of Montréal somehow - AGAIN...

Instead the whole political class consistently lost my trust at every single level, especially federalist Liberals obviously protecting themselves from a socio-toxic past with shiny "elite" luster, for example:
    Which is to connect with Emily F. Murphy (aka Janey Canuck) and possibly a parallel addition of her evil book as "reference" to UN's library, but that's another long story with too many bits still missing.

On another hand, although i'm no conspirationnist i'm forced to observe that long-dead people built an heritage for today's "Drug-Free World" army to perpetuate, starting with the former "Assistant Deputy Minister" at Health Canada (running the show in background under BOTH governments!):
    She was lucky to escape being made accountable for the Liberal's old/failed strategy, especially on a "4-20" (...) - strongly criticized the day after by Louise Arbour & her UN peers (while sunny boy enjoyed defiant boxer selfies!):

Federal Health Minister Jane Philpott at UNGASS 2016 .GIF
    [ http:// oi66.tinypic.com/2nq7613.jpg ]

« Our approach to drugs must be comprehensive, collaborative and compassionate. It must respect human rights while promoting sheer responsability, and it must have a firm scientific foundation. »

Which felt mind-boggling for those like me who once expected to see Marc Garneau in the place of Jane Philpott at this famous UN speech.

In all honesty there's been such a bigot boost while pretending to aim for the opposite direction, euh... More than ever, "reparation" alone simply seems very unlikely if not impossible!

:mad:

The "Légaleezation" of Trudeau was performed by non-consumers determined to please non-consumers, essentially. As a consequence this whole mess was totally predictible years ago: meanwhile Billion$ got spent in armed enforcement, including to acquire a hundred drones many months ago, or 4 snow vehicules in Trois-Rivières as i heard on late TV news more recently... As for "Harm Reduction" it sure felt odd when Louise "Nez Rouge" Charlebois gave 3.5 M$ of Québec's money to the "re-hab" center of senator Jean Lapointe in a cannabis-related context - and there's worse: the decade before this same ex-boozer (in company of his equally sober son, Jean-Marie...) happened to support Narconon 3-R while it applied scientology "treatment", later resulting in provincial authorities closing it down after it was determined that it constituted a true danger to public health!

Etc., etc.! o_O

Briefly put 2 columns basically don't balance when i try to compare "pro" vs "anti" events. Can Trudeau fans ever manage to fill such gap before we go to the next electoral poles??

Lets admit i'm most doubtful observing that today's politicians DO NOT learn from their mistakes: somehow they prefer to accumulate those despite the cost in human lives! :(

The spaghetti contraption in place brings us back to next month's 62nd CND as that's where the bigot anti-cannabic prohibitionists get their power from, outside our democratic space. Then decades of legal challenges in court might be required to heal our public institutions while many more youth generations are still condemned to repeat mistakes of the past, starting with the consumption method.

Too bad Russia's 2014 FCTC/COP6 event even allowed our politicians to implicitly import more socio-toxic attitude just to defeat a more rational "Harm Reduction" approach, as clearly evident in Québec's 2015 law pretending to fight our other smoker habit, by the way:

FCTC - Moscow (2014-Oct, 13-18) [500x300] .JPG
    [ http:// oi59.tinypic.com/4jwavc.jpg ]

Lucie Charlebois - Gouvernement Couillard (2015-Aug-31) [400x240] .PNG
    [ http:// oi59.tinypic.com/2hmd8vc.jpg ]

[ http:// www.cqct.qc.ca/Communiques_docs/2015/PRSS_15_07_29_Sondage_Vapotage.pdf ]

« 3 Convention-cadre de l’OMS pour la lutte antitabac, Inhalateurs électroniques de nicotine, rapport, juillet 2014, p. 7.
    http:// apps.who.int/gb/fctc/PDF/cop6/FCTC_COP6_10-fr.pdf »

« 11 Convention-cadre de l’OMS pour la lutte antitabac, Inhalateurs électroniques de nicotine, juillet 2014, page 2, points 3 et 5.
    http:// apps.who.int/gb/fctc/PDF/cop6/FCTC_COP6_10-fr.pdf »

Never forget today none of this could have occured without prior installation, starting with the addition of "Indian Hemp"/"Chanvre Indien"/"Cannabis sativa L." to the Geneva Opium Convention of 1925, February 19:

[ www.admin.ch/opc/fr/classified-compilation/19250006/index.html ]
    Convention internationale relative aux stupéfiants
    Keywords count:

1 Hit - "Canada"
    9 Hits - "Chanvre Indien"
    1 Hit - "Cannabis" (sativa L.)
    1 Hit - "Hachich"

ZERO HIT - "Enfant" (e.g. child in English!)...

For all these motives (and many more...) i find it's quite about time that's all subject to a national properly informed REFERENDUM, after the "pro"/unheard side has spoken, because it's too important to be left in the hands of politicians.

In The Name of Children!

Last edited: Feb 23, 2019
  4. Egzoset

Egzoset Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from Qc/Can
  5. aemetha

aemetha Sexy Potato Palladium Member Donating Member

Reputation Points:
    from New Zealand
    That article is an extremely biased interpretation of the report, which may be found here: https://www.incb.org/documents/Publ...atic_chapters/English/AR_2018_E_Chapter_I.pdf

Allow me to summarize:

Under the UN conventions, if medical cannabis is approved, it must meet the definitions of a medicine. The medicine must be prescribed by a physician for a genuine medical purpose in a specified dose. The medicine must be dispensed by a pharmacist and dose must be accurate to what is prescribed.

This is not anti-cannabis rhetoric. This is saying if you want your drug to be called a medicine it must meet the same standards as every other controlled substance used as a medicine.

They are saying that poorly regulated medicinal cannabis programs and legalized recreational cannabis programs have led to producers selling the product touting benefits there is no evidence to support.

They are saying, if you want to use it as a medicine, you can't smoke it because; Smoking any burned plant matter is bad for your health in innumerable ways and you can't control the dose effectively.

They are saying that poorly regulated medical cannabis schemes are in effect defacto legalization of recreational cannabis use, which contravenes the UN conventions.

The fact is, recreational cannabis use is banned by UN convention. This agency isn't responsible for that, they are responsible for reporting on the adherence to the convention. Criticizing them for doing that reporting is essentially the same as criticizing a cop who arrested you for murdering your wife for not changing the law on murder to exclude your wife because she was particularly annoying.

I'll say it again. Cannabis isn't special. If you want it to be a medicine, do it like a medicine. If you want it to be a herbal supplement get your governments to have it removed from the controlled substances conventions. The pro-cannabis lobby needs to just stop being as biased as the anti-cannabis lobby. Their stance is that some of the risks of cannabis were exaggerated ergo there are no risks. That's just fucking stupid since there are very well documented risks associated with it that are well supported by evidence. They look like morons because they behave like morons, in exactly the same way as the reefer madness promoters of times past.

6. Egzoset

Egzoset Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from Qc/Can
    M'well,

Is it true my fonts are being such a distraction or even irritating/offensive to some readers? Please consider providing direct pointers to related applicable local netiquette, so i can find it faster...

Anyway lets just take note here that there's absolutely ZERO mention of UN's BINARY (e.g. VILIFYING) bigot anti-cannabic prohibitionist vision, essentially separating CBD and THC as heaven vs hell, or at least not in this present reply which i copy verbatim for future references...

Thank you for using your own time in order to contribute with a complement.

And also use a few seconds to vote and/or submit some more poll item(s) if the topic was really this relevant...
    --- Double Post Merged, Mar 10, 2019 ---
    I'll pass the insult.

7. Nosferatus

Nosferatus Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    30 y/o from Canada
    @Egzoset So again, what still needs to happen in regards to cannabis's legal status in Canada to satisfy you?

8. aemetha

aemetha Sexy Potato Palladium Member Donating Member

Reputation Points:
    from New Zealand
    It isn't there because it isn't relevant to the article which was the subject of my post.
    I submitted the only relevant item to my post - the original report which your article has reinterpreted in an overwhelmingly negative light and attributed responsibility to an agency which has no authority over those matters.

It's not complicated. The UN makes the rules, the agency who released the report is responsible for reporting on adherence to those rules. Blasting the agency for not changing the rules is ridiculous since they can't.

And again, my main point, the pro-cannabis lobby continues to ignore all of the data on the not inconsequential risks associated with cannabis use. These are well documented. Are they of a significance that has previously been asserted by the anti-cannabis lobby? No, but they are still there. Both sides on this debate make ridiculous outright false statements and it's consequently impossible to take either seriously.

I never insulted you, I insulted the pro-cannabis lobby, with cause.

9. Egzoset

Egzoset Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from Qc/Can
    Salutations Nosferatus,

Hints of what's wrong which still requires revision+repair were provided on page 1:
    It starts with the mother-foundation of all others: as far as i'm concerned Québec's "Loi de Pharmacie" declaring "Chanvre Indien" as "Poison" besides arsenic and cyanure - which wouldn't manage to elude professional examination in any seriously fair court today IMHO. Then comes UN's 1925 treaty referenced right there, though from a French-speaking source:

[ https:// bdoc.ofdt.fr/index.php?lvl=notice_display&id=63850 ]

Convention internationale de l’opium signée à Genève le 19 février 1925, adoptée par la deuxième conférence de l'opium (Société des Nations) et protocole relatif

...​

[ https:// bdoc.ofdt.fr/doc_num.php?explnum_id=5382 ]
    #1845 - Convention Internationale de l’Opium

Deuxième conférence de l’Opium ("Société de Nations")
    Genève/Autriche (1925-Feb-19)

"Chanvre Indien" (p12/p16/p38 of 42)
    "Cannabis sativa L." (p12/p13 of 42)
    Naturally it would be nice to find official translated versions. Nonetheless my point was that this was the 1st international ban and it got nothing to do with hippies vs Nixon.

A century of wrong-doing awaits compensation with solid foundations in official federal excuses. Please ask Dana Larsen for details as he worked hard just to attract short-lived mass-mediatic attention on this specific subject... Though i'll bet neither Trudeau nor his other opponents are ready to listen even now.

Personally i say if the basis is rotten then lets skip further failed attempts always confirming previous decades of mis-guided/self-serving 3rd-party (VILIFYING) interventions, causing durable trauma that spells permanent prejudice far beyond the "danger" of cannabis, essentially.

10. Nosferatus

Nosferatus Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    30 y/o from Canada
    @Egzoset I've acknowledged that cannabis was historically handled unfairly, but that was then, this is now, so what still needs to happen for cannabis to have appropriate status in your mind? Am I to understand that the act governing pharmaceutical sales in your province presently classifies cannabis as a poison? Because I don't believe it would be permissible to sell for human consumption if that were the case. But supposing I'm wrong, doesn't the fact it's federally legal and to my understanding widely available nationwide make that somewhat irrelevant?

Last edited: Mar 11, 2019
  11. Egzoset

Egzoset Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from Qc/Can
    Side Note:

> Please respond in standard font. I have macular degeneration in my left eye, so this is difficult to read for me.

Please be advised that the URL in square brackets is NOT intended to be actually read (...): it's only pretending to serve as a visual hint exactly. Just in case the reader was unaware of it lets simply signal the presence of a breaking space in my full text to defeat on-line re-formating, so it can remain available using cut 'n paste editor functions many months from now hopefully.

So, unless a member also happens to be colour-blind this only boils down to preventing a much cleaner visual look, by imposing obstructive/destructive reasoning which ultimately can only result in the suppression of personalized message (container) formating and the announced topic(s) with it.

It's quite possible size #2 grey needs to be bold and darker but i was certain to exploit editor functions (e.g. visual hints) with the intention to help focus attention here and there. But i suppose the member then equally needs to have some visual imparementto complain that i use font size #3 or #4 for important titles, for example...

M'well that's all the time i got for this. My patience has suddenly depleted...

Hence the formating stays or i shut off, no negociations. Silence me another way, brutal works best.

12. f3xapf

f3xapf Feels I'm the only one pushing for revolution.. Silver Member Donating Member

Reputation Points:
    32 y/o from Canada
    April 1st is my birthday :( Not how I want to celebrate...