1. Dear Drugs-Forum readers: We are a small non-profit that runs one of the most read drug information & addiction help websites in the world. We serve over 4 million readers per month, and have costs like all popular websites: servers, hosting, licenses and software. To protect our independence we do not run ads. We take no government funds. We run on donations which average $25. If everyone reading this would donate $5 then this fund raiser would be done in an hour. If Drugs-Forum is useful to you, take one minute to keep it online another year by donating whatever you can today. Donations are currently not sufficient to pay our bills and keep the site up. Your help is most welcome. Thank you.
    PLEASE HELP

Drug info - the thread for those of us who know nothing or very little about research chemicals,

Discussion in 'Research Chemicals' started by beentheredonethatagain, Feb 25, 2012.

1. beentheredonethatagain

beentheredonethatagain Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from California, U.S.A.
    I recently have gain a interest in learning the abc if you will about tyrptamines and research chemicals in general... let me start by asking what if any are still legal here in the U.S.

aMT and dmt come to mind

2. ellisd

ellisd Titanium Member

Reputation Points:
    from Canada
    Re: the thread for those of us who know nothing or very little about research chemica

aMT and DMT are illegal (of course), but the following are unscheduled (AFAIK), however, may fall under the analogue law >

4-HO-DET
    4-HO-DIPT
    4-ACO-DMT
    4-HO-MET
    4-HO/ACO-MIPT
    4-MEO-MIPT
    4-HO-MPT
    5-MEO-MIPT
    DPT

To name a few.

It would definitely be a good idea to get an update on the current law status of these chemicals prior to conducting any research.

3. Terrapinzflyer

Terrapinzflyer MDMA, RC & News Forums Platinum Member & Advisor

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    Re: the thread for those of us who know nothing or very little about research chemica

First- I would say that in my opinion no research chemical is legal in the US- at best they exist in a gray area.

But maybe see 2c-e now officailly schedule 1? and Proposed laws on research chemicals before the US Congress

The DEA has made their intent to schedule many of the substances from Pihkal and Tihkal. And congress has likewise made their intent to schedule many RC's. The recent explosion in availability, use, and problems with synthetic cannabinoids and cathinones has pretty much heralded the end to many of Sasha creations- which existed for decades without real problems.

4. Lady Codone

Lady Codone Titanium Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.

Here's all the legals I can think of:

Phenethylamines--2C-I, 2C-C, 2C-P, NBOMe series, DOC, DOI, FLEA, 5- and 6-Apb, ALEPH-1, MBDB, MDEA

Tryptamines--Basically everything but 5-MeO-DMT and 5-MeO-DiPT. This includes 4-AcO-DMT, 4-HO-MET, 4-HO-MiPT, DiPT, MiPT, DPT, 5-MeO-DALT, 4-AcO-DET, etc.

Stimulants--Amphetamines (2-FA, 2-FMA, 3-FA, 4-FA); cathinones (4-MEC, 4-BMC, 4-EMC, butylone, pentedrone, pentylone); cocaine analogues (RTI-111, RTI-126, DMC, 4-FC); pyrovalerones (aPVP, aPBP, MPPP, etc); other (ethylphenidate)

Dissociatives--3-MeO-PCP, 4-MeO-PCP, 2-MeO-Ketamine, MXE

Sedatives/Depressants--etaqualone, phenazepam, etizolam, methylmethaqualone

Opiates--AH-7921, 0-desmethyltramadol

Cannabinoids--AM-2201, AM-1248, JTE-907, UR-144, RCS-4, AM-2233, JWH-122

Not a definitive list by any means, and state laws may vary greatly. But no federal laws specifically ban any of the preceding chems that I know of.

5. beentheredonethatagain

Reputation Points:
    from California, U.S.A.

alphabet soup, all these numbers and random letters, ffs i will not be trying any of them any time soon.. I would nt and dont even know what kind of high I would be going on. I would have to write down each Research Chemical and then study each .. too much work right now. but hey thanks for the great replies , I dont know how you ever learned so much about these research chemicals, but thats why this forum rocks. we have the brains

6. Rob Cypher

Rob Cypher Newbie

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.

You need to check carefully regarding the stimulants and the 2C-x drugs; depending on your state some of them might be banned.

Rob Cypher added 0 Minutes and 32 Seconds later...

Cathinones as well.

Last edited: Apr 1, 2012
  7. beentheredonethatagain

Reputation Points:
    from California, U.S.A.

I prolly will not ever mess with Research Chemical , they are not something that I have ever seen in real life and at this point in my life I have used enough time researching and testing the traditional chemicals , I cant spend the time and energy on a mixture of potions that is not even available easily.

thanks for all the good posts

8. Tony Williams

Tony Williams Newbie

Reputation Points:
    95 y/o from U.S.A.

I POSTED some newb advice elsewhere about how the Research Chemical bussiness - the person ASKED CAN YOU SMOKE BATH SALTS?

9. ianzombie

ianzombie Platinum Member & Advisor

Reputation Points:
    42 y/o from ireland

Legal High is a term thats best avoided.
    What is legal in one country/state is illegal in another.
    Its a Headshop term, and it comes with some pretty negative baggage thanks to headshops and the media.

If your want to discuss drugs then its best to use their actual names, not some sort of general term like 'legal high'.
    It will only cause confusion.

10. beentheredonethatagain

Reputation Points:
    from California, U.S.A.

Reputation Comments on this Post:
    in response to neg rep'er i only now have come to the conclusion of this reply by me.. I didnt realize that a guy would be so niave to someting other are well versed. Its just something that is my newbie question and I have decided on my intunitive and your replies that I have decided to refrain from exploration of research chemicals , harm reduction at its core.. thank you for all the info , gang !

11. neocortex

neocortex Newbie

Reputation Points:
    50 y/o from U.S.A.

Yeah, AMT and DMT are most scheduled, like heroin. I've looked for research chemicals online recently, and except for mephedrome and stuff like that (sold as "bath salts" or "plant food"), there isn't a lot available in the US, and you have to look for some time to find sellers. Some sell in online "classified ads", if you want to risk your money, and your freedom. I really regret the scheduling of AMT, 13 hours of eyes-open visuals which could be shut off in 30 minutes with a benadryl. Most regrettable was the scheduling of TFMPP (3-trifluoromethyl phenylpiperazine HCL). 4 hours of eyes-closed visuals and off like a switch. They un-scheduled it, but good luck finding quantities for sale now in the US less.

The wide variety of tryptamines and phenethylamines (amphetamines) that can be made, it was an interesting endeavor, but in the end, most of them have uninteresting effects. A few are worthwhile. Some are dangerous. I've seen members of the 2-amino indan series for sale. That's a "cyclized" amphetamine structure. Some of those are hallucinogenic or entheogenic. Most of the Research Chemical companies you'll see online are in Canada, Britain, Europe and Eastern Europe. Importing into the US is a big risk. The Analog Act says chemicals are illegal based on EFFECTS that are similar to scheduled drugs. This makes Research Chemicals a big risk legally to purchase, possess or use. Always, always investigate negative effects, adverse reactions, or deaths caused by the Research Chemicals that are available now. At one time, the industry was a lot more ethical than it is now. Never purchase from any company that implies consumption on it's site, and never incriminate yourself by talking about consumption.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 4, 2012
  12. EzekielCain

EzekielCain Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.

Poster:

WHEN and IF you do decide to learn about RC's for yourself you have to remember the golden rule. It's the rule that everyone "chasing the high" forgets first...want to know what it is?

MODERATION.

Start LOW AND SLOW.

A lot of really stupid kids get ahold of something because "it's legal." They expect that it's like something they've taken before (when in fact it is NOT) and when they don't get the instant gratification of feeling what they expected, they use MORE! By the time the gradual climb has happened it's already snowballed into something far greater.

They start freaking out. They tell Mom and Dad they did some designer drug they got off the internet and Mom and Dad drive them to the ER because they didn't take any time to research and place nicely first. Too many "Eyeballers" that thought they would be okay.

So please...please bud, if you decide to try something brand new that you've never experienced before, start small so you can see how you'll acclimate to the new sensations. Better safe than sorry!