the truth about salvia divinorum

Discussion in 'Salvia divinorum' started by genaro, Mar 2, 2006.

1. genaro

genaro Iridium Member

Reputation Points:
    Finally, I'm now able be honest about what salvia (extract) is:

Salvia is the essence of the word "strong", it's "too much" to be recommended to anyone, the only things one should say to someone wanting to try salvia extract is:
    salvia isn't something to TRY (this is the only HONEST way to tell someone what salvia is).

...and I havn't tried smoking dmt...

2. obusucks

obusucks Newbie

Reputation Points:
    31 y/o
    One of my frat bros 'tried' salvia. He thought the couch he was sitting on was pulling him into it, and he started freaking out. Then he stood up, and he still thought everything was pulling him in different directions. He thought the world was ending, and everyone was dead, and he collapsed, and started convulsing...
    I have yet to use salvia, as this was my first exposure to this drug, but it has alwaysstayed at the top of my list for 'hard' drugs.

3. Mona Lisa

Mona Lisa Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    hated salvia extract

I have tried Salvia 10X extract and definitely did NOT like it. It made SWIM paranoid:( , though the trip was only around five or six minute long (from smoking straight in a hash pipe. It made SWIM feel disjointed. A substance I wouldn't actually mind being banned (which is rare for me to say).

1. 3/5,
      "i wouldn't mind it being banned." must not care about the natural rights of humans... probably wants heroin passed out in schools though
      Mar 6, 2006
  4. MrPissmister

MrPissmister Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Salvia is a powerful thing not to be taken lightly

what i mean is that if you're gonna do salvia, do a whole lot! set and setting should be accounted for especially with salvia, and once you get comfortable enough with it, do more! hyperspace awaits

5. hazeinmybong2

hazeinmybong2 Newbie

Reputation Points:
    33 y/o
    What I don't understand is how people often have nearly identical experiences. Like there are is a list of ways you can feel salvia. I have felt like I was sinking into a couch, I have been pulled in every direction, and I have felt like I was on a zip line. Then there are the break threw experiences which are different where I experience a totally different reality. I was watching reno 911 once and I took a hit. I thought I was on the show, but I was a McDonalds sign. Salvia is weird. Thats the truth.

6. genaro

genaro Iridium Member

Reputation Points:
    Well, I think it's better if I try to clarify the "not for use" part of my salvia definition.
    Again this is not meant in anyway to tell people "do not use salvia"....I just think that this is a good way to inform a newbie to salvia that such an "unspeakable" power is definately not fitting his definition of the word "use"...when he's precisely thinking about "using" it (which is to my opinion a good way to define the undefinable when speaking of something which is meant to be consumed.
    Remember the feeling you had when peaking on 4th plateau salvia extract for your very first time, how could you have ever said/thought something like "this thing for use", it's taking you so far from anything you know about at this time.
    Do you get my point now?
    Anything you can think about salvia will fail defining its power cause words arn't meant to the salvia world, so in some way the thing you cannot think of while peaking is the best way to define something when thoughts fail to do it.
    As salvia cannot be defined through words (excepting the word "strong" in its extreme signification) then "not for use" is the only way I can see to "by-pass" this language failure (powerlessness of words in front of such an experience).

Last edited: Mar 6, 2006
  7. genaro

genaro Iridium Member

Reputation Points:
    I also wanna add that my point is not to describe a salvia trip (it's unspeakable anyway).
    What I'm pointing at is that if you choose to introduce someone to salvia you must come to term with your choice, introducing this person in an impecable and honest way.
    Any attempt to verbalize/describe it wouldn't be the "truth" as nothing could ever prepare someone to such an encounter, just remember: nothing of all that would have been described to you could have prepared you to what you experienced when meeting Lady salvia for the very first time as the conception of words/things you had until then turned out to have no impact/value once facing the salvia world.
    So, all you could relate to a newbie would be "lies" as you perfectly know that all this bullshit has absolutely nothing to do with the reality of the salvia world when you truly experience it: any description that was made to you lost all impact and turned out to be helpless once into the salvia reality, and you perfectly know it will be the same for him.
    This is to say that the point of this thread wasn't to find a correct description of a salvia trip, but to remind people that all that can be said about salvia is what you can say about the sensation you experienced (during your first time). And I wanna remind this in order to establish an impeccable respect both for the plant spirit (the gift salvia represents if you prefer it to be said this way) and the person you're introducing to her.
    So, no useless superlative descriptions and praises, this wouldn't bring nothing and this would be a complete lack of honesty for the plant, for your friend (the one you're introducing to salvia) and for yourself.

I think that all that can be said to a newbie is what the salvia sensation is:
    - it's an atypical hallucinogen, something special
    - it's terrifying (which doesn't mean one wouldn't apreciate it, even if many won't ever do it again)
    - it's strong (it's the essence of the word "strong")
    - nothing can prepare you to this
    - salvia is not for use

Last edited: Mar 8, 2006
  8. Chaote

Chaote Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Just because you didn't like it, it should be banned? Many people have bad acid trips, do you think it is rightly illegal? Many people have adverse reactions to marijuana is it rightly illegal? There are many pros salvia storie were the user was enlightned or euphoric, UTSE

9. Demonslayer

Demonslayer Titanium Member

Reputation Points:
    Just think about how many people have bad reactions or experiences on alcohol. Now there's a drug that should be banned.

10. Dogears

Dogears Newbie

Reputation Points:
    I have always found Salvia to be great fun and have a hard time understanding how people have bad trips on it. That said some people do respond badly to Salvia. Given this the first time a person does it they should test with a small does. Also it is best if the person is not under the effects of other drugs.

11. hazeinmybong2

hazeinmybong2 Newbie

Reputation Points:
    33 y/o
    I don't have bad trips on salvia. I don't have good trips on salvia. Salvia is just a weird little place you can put yourself for about five minutes. Its power lies in confusion. To me it has no real value as a psychonaught. Delerium is not my idea of a trip.