1. Dear Drugs-Forum readers: We are a small non-profit that runs one of the most read drug information & addiction help websites in the world. We serve over 4 million readers per month, and have costs like all popular websites: servers, hosting, licenses and software. To protect our independence we do not run ads. We take no government funds. We run on donations which average $25. If everyone reading this would donate $5 then this fund raiser would be done in an hour. If Drugs-Forum is useful to you, take one minute to keep it online another year by donating whatever you can today. Donations are currently not sufficient to pay our bills and keep the site up. Your help is most welcome. Thank you.

The Tunnel

Discussion in 'Cannabis' started by High_Roller, Mar 21, 2007.

1. High_Roller

High_Roller Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Oct 10, 2006
    from U.S.A.
    I have always wondered about this, but always forgets to post.

When he gets really stoned, I get the feeling he is being "pulled" forward by something when he closes his eyes. This is intensified when accelerating in a car, and no one else he knows gets this feeling. It feels really good at first, but after about 10 seconds it becomes too much for him to handle, so he opens his eyes again. It's not the whole body being pulled, SWIM mainly feels it in his diaphragm. It feels like someone is pulling me really quickly through a tunnel, this idea is sometimes perpetuated by CEVs that SWIM sometimes has with high-quality strains of bud. Is this unusual, or some sign of an unknown disorder??
  2. fnord

fnord Palladium Member

Reputation Points:
    Dec 8, 2003
    ive felt similer on salvia,sometimwstothe point where i have to get up and walk in a certain direction or even jumpupwards.but i dont know man
  3. WhiteRhino420

WhiteRhino420 Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Nov 23, 2006
    swim came across some very nice buds shaded very dark green with a hint of purple, the contrast was perfect so it was naturall purple
    after taking two or three puffs, he felt more than satisfied, and once got handed the fourth or fifth rip, swim held it in and closed his eyes...
    after he blew it out for holding for about....10 seconds
    he suddenly felt a very rapid but slowly creeping euphoria
    working its way up felt very orgasmic (like high_roller said)
    then once it kept working its way up, kept getting stronger and stronger and swim just made out a very loud moaning scream like he had the best orgasm of his life and swim described in his own words as...
    "the feeling of getting electricuted but felt amazing, then it was to intense"

•have you done any ecstasy in your past or a euphoric experience with any mushrooms?
  4. Nagognog2

Nagognog2 Iridium Member

Reputation Points:
    Feb 1, 2005
    This sort of feeling of forward motion seems to be common with cannabis, and various other drugs with some people. I know of one study about Witches' Flying Ointment.

This consisted of a salve (pasty substance) which the witch applied to their mucous membranes - usually the vagina or anus with something resembling a broomstick - now you know where we got the image of a witch flying on a broomstick! This salve contained such plant extracts as henbane, belladonna, and monkshood - otherwise known as wolfbane - Aconitum napellus.

Aconitum napellus, and related, contain aconite - an extremely poisonous alkaloid long used to poison people with. But doses smaller than that which kills people - don't get any bright ideas, this is far to dangerous to play with, kids - will slowly slow down the heart. And it was this that gave the sensation of flight to those who partook in the Witches' Flying Ointment.

So quite possibly cannabis, and others, may have a subtle effect on one's heart-rate, giving the sensation of motion.
  5. pickledsheep

pickledsheep Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    Feb 7, 2006
    from Canada
    I experience a similar effect when he closes his eyes, when he is very high. He explains the feeling as being inside a large ball, rolling forward at a rapidly increasing rate. After about 10 seconds he say's it becomes really hard to bear, but if waited out, the feeling changes into a really pleasant floating sensation. I say the effect is very prominent when a few drinks are involved.