Thinking about doing DXM again advice plz!

Discussion in 'DXM' started by Dee.Ex.Em, Sep 19, 2006.

1. Dee.Ex.Em

Dee.Ex.Em Newbie

Reputation Points:
    I am currently a freshman in college (csu) trying major in biomedical sciences which has proven to be extremely hard. I am male and i weigh 120lbs and i am an experiences drug user. I used to do a lot of dxm at age 13-15 (never exceeding 8 oz of robo max). I really dont know how much i did it (maybe around 20-50 times) but i loved it and never had a bad experience. Hhere i am, 3 years clean from dxm and I have a biostatistics exam coming up on friday that i have to study a lot for. It is monday night at 2:20 am and i have class tomorrow from 12:30 to 2:00pm and a lab from 5-8pm (tuesdays are the easiest days of the week). I was thinking that if i took 20 tussin cough caps which are 15mg of dxm each (20X15=300mg total dose) with no other active ingredients as soon as i woke up (around noon) i would start feeling the effects after i get out of my my first class and i would smoke a bowl. By the time my 5pm class came around (T+5:00) would i be able to function?? I dont want to fall behind on my classes but i have read so many trip reports and they just remind me of all of the good times i had on DXM. I heard that there is a 3 day "hangover" where u can't think striaght, and i really HAVE to think straight for my exam or im screwed. I know the logical thing for me to do is just wait until the weekend, but weekends are times for getting drunk and partying. And im also really excited to try it again and i just cant wait. Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated!

2. Abrad

Abrad R.I.P. Platinum Member & Advisor R.I.P.

Reputation Points:
    So You wants to take DXM and go to class and then go to another class later in the day?
    This sounds like a recipe for disaster. My advice would be to wait until you have a full day to youourself before taking DXM (or any psychedelic).

3. Sitbcknchill

Sitbcknchill Retired Platinum Member & Advisor Donating Member

Reputation Points:
    111 y/o from U.S.A.
  4. bewilderment

bewilderment Drug Geek Extraordinaire Platinum Member & Advisor

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    If You is finding classes to be difficult, I would recommend against starting DXM again. It may be fine to do a couple of times during weekends or days off, but don't take it during class or before class. The hangover really screws up concentration and memory. I had a DXM addiction during her 2nd and 3rd year of college and was majoring in biology (also a difficult major). The first year she did fine because she was at a tech school and was still finishing up with the basics which were easy enough. However, the next year when she really began delving into more specialized classes her academic life fell apart. She's never had problems with school and grades. In high school, she popped valiums and painkillers like candy every single day and still stayed in honors classes, on the honor roll, and graduated a year early when she was 16. She didn't take drugs at all during the next two years aside from smoking pot and drinking occasionally.

She had a GPA of about 3.8 after the first year of college. The second year, things became more complicated due to her using DXM and she found things more difficult, but it still wasn't much of a problem and she passed all of her classes just fine, but got her first two C's in classes that year. The DXM use increased over that summer and became even more out of control and the third year in college she screwed everything up. The DXM use caused significant depression and also wreaked havoc on her cognitive abilities. She couldn't concentrate or focus at all. So, even though she was attending all classes and doing homework and studying, she couldn't recall anything and soon found herself either failing or on the verge of failure in most of her classes (except philosophy of the mind which she was still acing because of the enhancement of abstract thinking). She had to withdraw from college that year (medical withdrawal due to depression).

Now, taking DXM one time is certainly incredibly different from what I described above. But, that was just an anecdote to illustrate how much DXM impairs cognitive ability. I'd advise against taking it before or in-between classes...it's just not a good trend to start with.

5. Dee.Ex.Em

Dee.Ex.Em Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Thanks for the advice. swim woke up this morning and he decided it was a stupid idea. I was on valium and xanax last night when he posted that. I guess he just wasn't thinking straight.
    swim still REALLY wants to try dxm again just once on friday. Last night someone told swim that if he takes a nootropic such as piracetam he could try dxm on friday night and be mentally fine by sunday.
    I have a boat load of painkillers (percocet, oxycontin) which he loves to death, but he is not taking them because of school. So i dont think he would get addicted to DXM. Though he was addicted when he was young and dumb.
    So his questions are: would one 300mg experience with DXM throw him off for over 2 days? and would DXM mix well with xanax, valium, oxycontin, or percocet??
    P.S. Sorry about the "swim" rule on the first post. The guy's name in the first post was "I"

6. El Calico Loco

El Calico Loco Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    My test subject has found that choline, DMAE, and piracetam can help him remember more details of his trip. He advises taking a multivitamin plus an extra dose of vitamin C the day after. 300mg shouldn't be too bad, depending on the subject's weight.

He says that benzodiazepines are useful when you want to abort a trip. They can end it in its tracks. He advises not to take one until the subject is ready to stop and sleep. He advises against alcohol; one drink is fine, but more is probably a bad idea.

Benadryl can help fight nausea and the Robo-itch. He advises using cannabis and nitrous oxide to potentiate the experience. Other drugs are a bad idea.

ECL