Dose - Third Plateau Dosage? Things to Do on DXM?

Discussion in 'DXM' started by addicted2hc, May 12, 2006.

1. addicted2hc

addicted2hc Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Well I have decided that he is going to trip this weekend... but there are some variables that he would like to be decided beforehand.

Now the setting is up at SWIM's cabin which is up in the woods on a lake. He will be tripping alone. I have used DXM on various occassions. Highest Dose of DXM ever was one of the 8oz bottles(Anyone know how many mgs that is?)

This time I would like to step it up and have a more powerful experience. Looking for a Third Plateau+ trip. I was leaning more towards the robo gels this time, as the cough syrup has gotten old. What would the more experienced DXM users recommend?

What do fellow DXM users enjoy doing while tripping? I have only found himself sittin on a comfy couch with a nice blanket, his handy dandy laptop and some nice speakers. Watching the visualizer on a tv screen is always a real experience.

Any input/advice would be greatly appreciated. SWIM's trying to make this weekend just a tad bit different.

2. bewilderment

bewilderment Drug Geek Extraordinaire Platinum Member & Advisor

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    I looked up the robitussin cough thing on the net and could only find the 4 ounce bottles. But, assuming that the 8 oz. bottle is twice as much dxm then it was probably about 708mg of dxm consumed. For swim who is a 120lb female this would have been a nice third plateau trip in her early days of dexing. However, in swim's experience the cough gels actually seem stronger than the syrup. Perhaps this is because there is less gunk that your body is trying to get rid of, I don't know. Swim used to get a good third plateau trip off of two of cough gel bottles which is equal to 600mg dxm. If You didn't get the a good third plateau trip off of the 8oz. bottle then perhaps You should try taking two and a half bottles of the cough gels and then You could take the extra ten if You is not satisfied. Also, Zicam cough mist is also a good dxm product. I think that if You were to take a bottle of the Zicam cough mist nite version (there is also some other +D version or something like that which has something besides dxm in it so don't get get that) then You would have a 3rd plateau trip even though it's less dxm. I have found that due to it's concentrated nature, it seems much stronger than other products. It also tastes absolutely horrible, but you only have to take about a shot glass and a half of the stuff and you're through. If You does go this route, have a chaser right next to You and some hard candy or something similar to suck on because the taste lingers and it could possibly make You gag.

As far as things to do...did You ever experience the closed-eye visuals? Those were always the best part of the trip for swim. Just put on some trippy music and some headphones and drift off into never-never land. I have had many intense and life-changing experience just doing this alone. The vision journeys are amazing. Movies are good too because generally I find that she empathizes with the characters to the point where she feels like she is actually in the movie. After she watched "The Doors" on dxm, she felt like she'd been tripping with Jim Morrison. Happy trails!

3. addicted2hc

addicted2hc Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Thanks for the quick response!

I would've never guessed he'd taken 708mg. Sure it was a pretty intense trip, but I was thinkin the highest he'd ever taken was like 450-500mg! I am definitely leaning towards the 2 1/2 bottles of robo gels.
    If the Zicam tastes that bad, I feel that is a HUGE negative. SWIM can hardly stomach the taste of the syrup.

CEV's, I don't recall experiencing any of those. SWIM's last few DXM trips were based solely on the visualizer and trance music blaring for the entire night. I am going to try and find some cool movies to watch as he's never done that before. Any suggestions?

4. bewilderment

bewilderment Drug Geek Extraordinaire Platinum Member & Advisor

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    Well, it does taste bad, but it's only a shot glass full (I said a shot glass and a half, but I believe I've gotten it into just a shot glass before, it's only .75oz) and actually thinking about how intense it was the first time I used it (and she had a big tolerance by this point) I'd recommend just taking 2/3's of the bottle at first. It's quick and relatively painless...but, if You wants to do the cough gels those are great too. Swim's dxm use went syrup--->cough gels--->zicam. Zicam's just more cost-efficient.

I think that You should have CEV's should You hit the third plateau so do at least lean back and shut your eyes for a few minutes just to check. If you do hit the 3rd plateau, it may be difficult to focus on movies and also vision sometimes goes double so it's hard to concentrate at all. I'd probably just recommend typical drug-movies like Fear and Loathing, The Doors, The Wall, etc. If you think you can handle and concentrate on a more philosophical movie then watch Waking Life or What the Bleep. Also, art-house type films can be good as well...I like Tarnation (this is such a cool, trippy movie...this guy documents his entire life on film and it's outrageous because he is very mentally ill in a very entertaining way...for example, it shows him as a kid dressing up as different characters and you can clearly see he has a unique inner life all his own), Muholland Drive, Manic...things like that. That's all I can think of right now, but this is just my taste in movies and maybe you have different tastes so go with your gut.