Opinions - Thought about taking LSD too hard?

Discussion in 'LSD' started by M3th, May 8, 2007.

1. M3th

M3th Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    Alright, the other day my homeboy I decided to trip for the first time with some friends. Four hits were purchased by me and his pet friends. They were white blotters that were supposedly double dipped promising a dose around 200 mics. These were guaranteed good by the friend. Swim and two friends put their hits under their tongues and waited. I was going to hold it there until it got soggy and then swallow it, but as he put it under his tongue one of his friends said to only hold it there for 10 seconds. Which he believes is still long enough. He took it out after about a minute and then waited..

He waited all night.. Nothing came. He felt very giddy for about an hour.. No visuals came to him. All night. Two of my friends tripped hard. His one experienced trippper said it was very good acid. But swims question is why didn't he trip? His friend said he thought about it too hard, which I didn't think he did. He would try and keep himself occupied and his mind off of the wait. But the trip never came on.

Why would I not trip but two of his other friends did?

2. Heretic.Ape.

Heretic.Ape. Platinum Member & Advisor

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    Re: Thought about it too hard?

My lab monkey says he always leaves the blotter in considerably longer. Maybe sWIY just didn't absorb enough. "Thinking about it too much" makes no sense. This is a very potent chemical that changes brain functioning. There's no right mindset for experiencing the effects if the chemical has been ingested, only right mindset for a good time. Sorry you's night didn't go as planned.

3. Nature Boy

Nature Boy Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from ireland

LSD would still work even if held on the tongue for only a minute. Perhaps it was a different molecule, one that required a longer amount of time to absorb properly. How long did the two friends leave their blotters in their mouths? As for the lack of visuals, LSD isn't like a lava lamp that switches on and off providing perfectly clear psychedelic patterns. The transition in visual perception can be subtle, on low doses maybe not even noticable. You certainly didn't "think too hard" because resisting a trip only intensifies it in a negative sense that would be obvious to the user. It's unlikely that the blotters were "double dipped" either. That sounds like a marketing gimmick if I've ever heard one.

4. Nagognog2

Nagognog2 Iridium Member

Reputation Points:

Under the tongue 10 seconds? Then took it out?! Next time just swallow the damn thing. Don't listen to the genius in the group. Swallow it and it'll work just as well as under the tongue. Might take 5 minutes longer - but just swallow it.

5. Alicia

Alicia Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from earth

hhmmm "genius in the group" seems to not want a trip really, judging by this behavior. reminds swia of someone who would only eat the caps on psilocybin mushrooms as they only wanted a lil trip really. Just eat half a blotter it better to eat them really.

6. Memantine

Memantine Titanium Member

Reputation Points:
    from earth

I disagree with you NatureBoy. Although this accounts are not about resisting a trip, but rather the opposite, I thought it would be worthy to add.

I have seen people dosing on perfectly good LSD and DOC (separate cases of course), and because in the first case the person was a novice, he thought he had been deceived because the blotter was colourless, very small and tasteless; exactly the way acid should look like. He was the entire evening debating on wether he was high or not, he ended up giving most of the credit to his marihuana. And he wasn't on antidepressants.

The second case was with DOC, which was sold in blotter form (3 mgs). Since the come-up with DOx's is so long this guy just thought his acid was extremely weak and actually called his supplier after waiting and waiting and obsessing over it (he knew it was DOC and not LSD). He was unsure if he even got to the threshold, but I don't know if he was taking any anti-depressants (doubt it). He was experienced with psychedelics.

Because your mind and mindstate is so crucial with psychedelic drugs, it makes sense to me that the overwhelming power they have on the psyche can actually be used to counteract it's subjective effects by the same neurochemical mechanism that make them active in the first place. These are just extreme examples of the crucial role the power of suggestion has on one's trips. If an overly enthusiastic person can see and experience things that are by most accounts unreachable with the dose that person took, then why can't it happen the other way around, blocking the effects?

SWIM can tell from personal experience that with serotonergic psychedelic drugs, the word placebo becomes devoid of meaning. Of course, the chances of one's mind being able to block out the effects of a drug become less and less likely as the dose is rised. There is of course a point where not even the yoguiest of the yoguiest couldn't supress the overwhelming feelings and effects of a 'heroic' (or just medium) dose of whatever suits your taste.

1. 3/5,
      Excellent points. Nicely written.
      May 10, 2007
  7. IntrepidTraveler

IntrepidTraveler Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from Texas, U.S.A.

You didn't eat your acid! If You still has the blotter, eat it and see if anything happens.

8. Nature Boy

Nature Boy Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from ireland

Although interesting and I'm not writing off the possibility entirely, I still find it highly unlikely that one would completely miss out on a trip if indeed the afore-mentioned blotters contained a full dose of LSD each. Ultimately though, I have witnessed people who attempt to suppress the effects of their psychedelics to end up with a more powerful, mind-altering trip. Beriddling oneself with doubts and questions during a trip generally seems to intensify the experience, as I mentioned, usually in a negative sense.

9. Henfer

Henfer Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    41 y/o
    AW: Thought about it too hard?

swim always leaves them for about 20 minutes under the tongue, then swallow it. works very well every time, but you could also swallow it right off.

why in the world would you want to take it out of the mouth?

10. boogieboo

boogieboo Newbie

Reputation Points:

it's probably a mixture of not absorbing enough of the LSD in that amount of time and also expecting a lot more. swim's friend took a hit of LSD that I had tried and got comfortable +2 results of off before, but since he'd never tripped before he didn't realize he was tripping until a lot later. it can sneak up on You and if You only had a small amount he might not notice it at all.

11. brighteyes88

brighteyes88 Newbie

Reputation Points:
    30 y/o
    Re: AW: Thought about it too hard?

i cant think of any reason to...its easier to swallow than spit out, and why risk wasting any?

lsd has only once failed to work on swim, and that was because it fell onto the slightly wet ground(swims assuming) and lost all of its stuff. maybe You just got one that wasnt stored properly?

12. rodent

rodent Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.

Seriously, too many people worry about keeping it the mouth for 'such-and-such' amount of time. Totally unnecessary. Like Nag said, just eat the damn thing.... it will still work. Does anyone think in the 50's-60's the psychologists who were dosing people told them to 'hold it under yer tongue fer 30 seconds man, or you won't trip' ? No.

My guess to the original question is that the first time er 2, one doesn't know what to look for (especially first time with any psychedelic) and body chemistry is different for everyone....

Tell the monkeys to keep trying.... it's there :D

13. ♣ Tekken ♥

♣ Tekken ♥ Newbie

Reputation Points:

yeh man you gotta swallow (<

14. Ashwinder

Ashwinder Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    33 y/o

I would tend to agree with Primal440 on this one - while it is likely true that if You is anxious and attempts to suppress a trip it may intensify it, it is perhaps equally likely that if You is excited and anticipating the trip, and also worried about the possibility that it may not work, it may actually 'block out' either the come up or even the full trip (especially if the LSD is not that strong to begin with).
    I have only taken LSD once and has not had this happen, but has experienced a similar effect with exctasy. I was looking forward to the roll, but started getting paranoid that she would not come up. The result was that after 2 1/2 pills, although her friends were up and SWIM's pupils were dilated, she felt nothing all night.
    I have also heard of a man who took some reliably strong LSD hoping to colloquialy 'trip balls', but as he was concentrating too hard he only had very mild visuals while his friends had a much more intense experience.
    I have no doubt that on a strong enough dose it would not be possible to suppress LSD, but with the strength of blotter that seems to be going about at the moment, and the fact that only 2 were taken, it seems to her to be a distinct possibility...
    The fact that the blotters were only in SWIM3's mouth for 10 seconds and then removed, not consumed, would not have helped. I would recommend, with her limited knowledge, that SWIM3 purchase some more if possible and repeat the experiment, but this time swallow don't spit!;)
    The friend who said to only have it in your mouth for 10 secs is not, in my opinion, very knowledgeable - I have listened to so-called 'weed experts' give frankly ridiculous instructions on how to grow, and realises many folk are idiots. The peoples on this forum seem to know their stuff hella well though.
    It would probably also help to do something other than wait for the trip, as other people have said. Perhaps go for a walk, play computer games, whatever SWIM3 usually does with his friend/trip buddy.
    Good luck and have fun SWIM3!

Last edited: May 28, 2007
  15. Nature Boy

Nature Boy Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from ireland

A minute should be enough time to absorb the blotter. If the others tripped hard, the only thing I can think of that may have completely killed the trip for You is the use of certain medications or else they have an unusually strong resistance to psychedelics. It's not often, if it even happens at all, that someone can entirely block out an LSD trip just because they're a little excited before taking it. Perhaps the substance wasn't LSD at all?

16. Aoxomoxoa

Aoxomoxoa Newbie

Reputation Points:

If You is taking any SSRI's, that will negativly affect Swiy's trip, if not prevent it completely. This same thing happened to Swim years ago while taking fluoxetine. I feltnothing while all his pals were having fairly strong trips.

1. 1/5,
      multiple accounts are not allowed
      May 31, 2007
  17. alexm23

alexm23 Newbie

Reputation Points:

SWIM also lacks visuals when doing LSD or Shrooms. Well, that's not entirely true... things get a little wavy when looking at himself in the mirror on acid, but otherwise nothing else. It's simply a VERY intense body high. I think people just react differently, why do visual hallucinations have to happen to everyone? For example, everyone reacts differently to weed, some people are very social while others are reclusive. It all depends on the person and not having visuals is just the way you react to it. Though, I'm pretty sure if you pop a good number of tabs (a heavy dose, depending on strength of tabs could be 5 or more) you will see stuff. I haven't taken more than 3 at a time and that could be the reason. I rambled a lot here, but my friend next to me is pretty fucked.