Injecting - Thoughts on low dose intramuscular injection of ketamine

Discussion in 'Ketamine' started by youngmane, Apr 12, 2019.

1. youngmane

youngmane Newbie

Reputation Points:
    from US
    I was wondering if anyone here is more interested in low dose intramuscular injections compared to high dose. I am not a fan of psychedelics and would rather just like the sedation feeling of ketamine, with no visuals or psychedelic affect at all. I am looking for more of a benzo/opiate effect. Would 50mg of ketamine through IM injection produce this effect? I am 200lb roughly and erowid says a strong dose for me would be 80mg, so I assume lowering that almost in half would give no psychedelic effect and rather a sedating an euphoric effect instead. Thanks for any help! :)

2. Alfa

Alfa Productive Insomniac Staff Member Administrator

Reputation Points:
    118 y/o from The Netherlands
  3. youngmane

youngmane Newbie

Reputation Points:
    from US
  4. Alfa

Reputation Points:
    I see. Why do you want to use a intramuscular dose instead of insufflation?

5. youngmane

youngmane Newbie

Reputation Points:
    from US
    I am an addict and I have a needle fetish. Plus the fact that I would want to save money, because IM has about 90% bioavailability and intranasal has about half that if I remember correctly.

6. Alfa

Reputation Points:
    You would not save much money. Its up to you but insufflation is a saver method which will allow you to keep dosing small amounts until you reach the desired effect. Its more effective in that sense. The higher bioavailability is not a benefit if you want to have a subtle effect.

7. youngmane

youngmane Newbie

Reputation Points:
    from US
    I guess I'll try intranasal, but I feel like I would be saving quite a bit of money. It will probably take 80-100mg of ketamine intranasally when it would take 50mg intramuscularly. I'll try intranasal to gauge the dose then use intramuscularly from there.

8. Alfa

Reputation Points:
  9. Ketagirl

Ketagirl Newbie

Reputation Points:
    from UK
    Ketamine hardly does anything to me anymore, after two months use daily gram a day or so,
    was thinking of IM'ing it as this would also stop the possible ulcer or stomach inflammation I think the Ketamine caused,
    thanks for the input Alfa I won't do it if it works around the same as sniffing it, looked into anal use too seems I need a lot more for this,
    oh well my brains adapted to the use of it and just won't let me feel Ketamine properly anymore then,
    I have to put up with snorting lines that barely do a thing, just because I just can't stop doing it or actually stop it for a while and see how long it takes my brain to normalise and go back to how it was before my addiction, if it ever will, but nope I won't IM it

10. Lkt005

Lkt005 Newbie

Reputation Points:
    34 y/o from Uk
    Injection of Street drugs is Russian roulette unless you go down to a tiny micron filer and sterile water. Even whe I was injecting and double filtering pharmaceutical pills I ended up having surgery twice to drain abscesses and had sepeis twice in 9 months. I'm a trained paramedic using clean needles in an aseptic environment. It's simply not worth It, Injection will give a different effect to insufflation and once its in its in, atleast doing small lines will ensure you can stop at desired effect.

Don't risk it.