Effects - Thrills of the lower plateaus and reasons for not dosing higher?

Discussion in 'DXM' started by pickeljuice, Jul 6, 2005.

1. pickeljuice

pickeljuice Newbie

Reputation Points:
    i think if your going to get fucked up why would you want to do a low dose i say WHY? i like to take at least 900 to 1200 mill. at a time

it just makes more sense

2. Loser

Loser Newbie

Reputation Points:
    cause first off your dont wanna overwhelm yourself... and there is a big differences in amounnts in dxm...

so u get different trips with different amounts...

theres alot to be explained from what u said... but im too messed right now to type it up... common sense ppl?

3. Muirner

Muirner Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.K.
    If you take 900-1200mg then you will build a high tollerance in a short amount of time. And this is somethng i'm sure you dont wanna do. Also the mindfuck will be so intense that you wont be able to to do it very often. Also some people at lower levels have a easier time keeping a train of thought and you can get things thought out while on DXM. Low doses are a good time with out the major fucked up feeling. Also the body load could be more extreem with heavy doses.

Muirner

4. als5555

als5555 Newbie

Reputation Points:
    you might have a higher tollerance than a lot of people as well. some of the more sensative people can trip ashard on 450-600 mg's as others do on 900 mg's. i personally loke the higher doses my self, although o don't do them as often as i could, because i like to keep my tollerance as low as possible. some people don't like the higher doses. it is different for each person, i have a friend that does it once-twice a week at arround 300. some people can find the higher plateaus a bit scary.

5. Muirner

Muirner Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.K.
    It could also depend on the situation/setting that will be around the person for the whole night. If your going to be chilling at a friends house just hanging out then sure a high dose might be nice, but if you want to go out and hang out with a decent number of people that is when you might run into trouble on higher plateaus.

Muirner

6. Phungushead

Phungushead Twisted Depiction Staff Member Administrator

Reputation Points:
    from United States
    Along with everything mentioned above, I'll also point out that
    tripping on DXM on the 3rd/4th plateaus really increases your risk for
    brain damage (yeah, the controversial Olney's lesions thing) and mental
    impairment and other stuff like that (language impairment and the
    like).

7. RoboCop

RoboCop Platinum Member & Advisor

Reputation Points:
    from earth
    Also if you can already get off on 300-600mgs u shouldn't raise it any higher, you are just going to raise your tolerance through the roof. Stick to low doses for as long as you can and the trip is strong.

8. Dreeker

Dreeker Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from earth
    Taking high doses is sometimes not wanted:

If I want a nice relaxing evening, he will not take any more than 650 mg. If a very easygoing evening (+alcohol/mj) then he will take ~300 mg. If he wants to trip balls, he will take 750-1250 mg.

All depends on what the user is trying to achieve. Sometimes one just wants a little relaxation, and 1 gram of DXM will not do that to you.

Last edited: May 24, 2007
  9. club222

club222 Gold Member

Reputation Points:

This is what I did when he was really into DXM for awhile. As long
    as he can still get off on a lower dose, there is no point in taking
    1200 mg. He had a blast on 600mg for awhile before he started to build
    a tolerance.

10. reptile

reptile Mercury Member

Reputation Points:
    The only reason I lowdose is to work up to a higher dose without havin a bad trip. I notice if I stop doin DXM for a few weeks, then go straight to3rd plateau or higher, it's an automatic bad trip. So I have to "prepare" if you will. I take a high 1rst plateau dose, another the next day, then the next day a middle 2nd plateau dose, stay clean the next day, then finally I can have a high 3rd plateau dose without freakin out and just havin nothin but a great time. After that I can have more 3rd plateau trips if I don't do them so far apart from each other. Like 3-4 days tops. I know it kinda sucks wasting so much DXM preparing for a trip, but I gotta do it or else it's one hell of a bad trip.

11. FlyingNinja

FlyingNinja Newbie

Reputation Points:
    from Maine, U.S.A.
    Re: whats the point of low dosing?

SWIM loves low doses before parties for the E like effects. Dancing and music and lights are awesome...a "loosen up" dose for I am around 300-400 and a "lets go to a fucking rave" dose is around 500-600

12. Japan Four

Japan Four Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.K.

Just as SWIFN said, many people actually ENJOY lower doses. Don't get SWIM wrong, he likes to go up to the 500mg that does him, but even as low as 250mg I am as giddy as a schoolgirl. Yay for low tolerance eh, if anything it is a money saver!

13. Salvinorin A

Salvinorin A Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.

Personally, I think it's pointless to take lower plateau doses. The effects are similar to alcohol almost for SWIM.

I think DXM's dissociation power should be used for introspection (or just inhibiting the cough reflex). If one is going to get fucked up, he/she should use a safer drug.

And yes, jumping into high doses will bring about tolerance really quickly.

Peace.
    Sal-A

14. Female

Female Titanium Member

Reputation Points:
    31 y/o from U.S.A.

The effects of low doses tend to be different for each swimmer. For SWIM, low doses have been extremely enjoyable! The last few DXM trips that were low doses have been some of the best times, because I don't particularily enjoy the huge body load that she gets with high doses. I like the mind effects, and finds that lower doses, or spread out doses reaching to a moderate dose, have been the best fun for the mind effects, and almost leave out the horrible dissociative hangover the next day, or the crazy "mind swimming" that SWIM seems to get on higher dosage trips of DXM.

15. augentier

augentier Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.

SWIM 2nds all of that pretty much..SWIM prefers low doses of DXM because her goal isn't to get "fucked up"..if she wants to get fucked up she drinks, with anything else she takes it easy (except for weed) because lower doses are more controllable and generally more enjoyable. Maybe it affects women differently than men..because of body weight maybe?

16. Female

Female Titanium Member

Reputation Points:
    31 y/o from U.S.A.

I amn't sure about the gender bit, but she's glad someone else knows what she's talking about. I started out with a moderate dosage (one full bottle of cough gels) and had a hell of a time with the swimming head..low doses seem to be her friend, and apparently you's friend too ^-^.