Time to stop cocaine, for good this time

Discussion in 'Cocaine addiction' started by tooblue4you, May 1, 2007.

1. tooblue4you

tooblue4you Newbie

Reputation Points:
    36 y/o from The Netherlands
    I have used cocaine for a number of years but would only use once every few months to begin with. This was fine I did binge on those times but then never touched it for say 3-4 months.

Although in November last year I had his session, no big deal but since then I cannot remember one weekend which did not involve at least a all afternoon, evening through to like 7-8am. The next day I am totally consumed by guilt, anger and in general is pissed off that he did it again.

So its tuesday now and my last binge was at the weekend. Depressed at how much money he spent and tbh wouldnt like to add up the amount from the last six months its way into £xxxx. So this is it no more for SWIM.

But the urge will be there and the temptation to buy a small amount soon turns into another and another until: A. no more will go up his nose or B. no more is available.

Sorry to go on but kind of just need some support cause im stuck in a rutt. I know Cocaine isnt physically addictive but i just cant break the routine.

Any advice TB4Y

2. TinnyTinyCokedUPBallerina

TinnyTinyCokedUPBallerina Newbie

Reputation Points:
    I am right there with you... I have been clean, well tomorrow makes three weeks! That is the longest in six or seven months... before I was using four to five days out of a week! She is proud of herself and would like to continue on the road without cocaine but the mental addiction is still there. Her best friend recently moved in with her due to her friends own personal problems, but I have found it much easier to stay away from the drugs with someone else watching out and knowing that there is a problem that needs attention. Swim also found that changing daily routine and finding other interesting non- drug related things in her life has helped too. wishing you the best of luck... keep me in your prayers too.
    Sometimes i wonder if its the lack of money that has been keeping me clean or just the simple fact that I know the guilt the next day is not worth the high.... I am up to talk when ever you want!

3. tooblue4you

tooblue4you Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Thanks, Well its friday afternoon so the usual routine for I would be down to the pub, drinks and then a hidious amount of cola. I am feeling positive though and might go buy some weed to take his mind of it.

Hopefully on sunday i can repost without feeling like a utter idiot, we shall see.

Too be continued............;)

4. tooblue4you

tooblue4you Newbie

Reputation Points:
    well, I has maneged to aviod the cola tonight and scroed a gram of mdma which is doing the job very nicely and best of all no need for £xxx spent on cola.

the fight continues

tb4y

5. Veteran Joker

Veteran Joker Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Coke might not have some of the nasty effects of heroin withdrawl, but swim fully empathises with swiy.

A hallucenogen reccomended for heroin and cocaine abuse is ibogaine. If you can get help from a drug rehab clinic, ask if they have ibogaine treatments.

6. tooblue4you

tooblue4you Newbie

Reputation Points:

I have realised that trying to stop cocaine use by using mdma is not a really bright idea, he needs to stop everything once and for all now and is allowing himself one more chance before he seeks help....

7. epote

epote Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    36 y/o from earth
    so how is everything going?

8. tooblue4you

tooblue4you Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Since swim wrote the original post he has had one cocaine episode that was three weeks ago.

So all in all pretty good once in 5 weeks aint all that bad, although I felt very very depressed following the last time.

I have been working hard and working weekends to give himself something to focus on and also regain some of the money he has wasted over the last 6 months, bank account is looking so much better too.

Thanks for your concern:)

9. hoping

hoping Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Hi,

I have been goin through the same thing.

Trying to kick the cola habit. It's been six days. Trying to find other drug-related things to do.

I'm finding I am more short-tempered though and do not want to really leave the house.

I am sure things will get better as I kick this thing out of my life.......

10. lowprofile

lowprofile Newbie

Reputation Points:
    I am doing well still. Two weeks so far. Tempted at times, then try and focus on the negative aspects to keep clean. I am not going back there....yet.

Best of luck.

11. epote

epote Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    36 y/o from earth
    tooblue:

is still everything ok? Why did you had that cocaine episode? Why did you feel bad afterwards?

can you remember how you went from recreational use (i.e not that often) to binge/addicted use?

how often and how much did you use?

do you have any other adictions?

is still everything ok?

12. tooblue4you

tooblue4you Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Why did i have that last binge? Dont really know but im sure most of you can relate to the thought of 'just a couple of lines'. This rarely is the case as once swim starts he cannot stop.

When I am on cocaine there is no tomorrow unfortunately this is short lived and there will always be the day after the night before.

I dont use because he has anything in his life to want to get away from he uses because he likes the feeling that cocaine gives just a shame that feeling only lasts a short while thus leading to chasing the first high which of course is silly and never works.

I was using once a week so not all that bad but would consume a large amount throughout the night and sometimes the next day usually around 4 grams over that period. Also occasionally used in the week but not that heavily.

I have no other addictions apart from cigarettes.

13. hoping

hoping Newbie

Reputation Points:
    How has it been for everyone?

I have now been of cola and drink for 8 whole days, which has been the longest time in about six months.

I am keeping focused.........reading lots of books, catching up on DIY chores and other things I have neglected over the past while.

14. cyndi

cyndi R.I.P. Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    For swim it was 14 years clean time. Swim messed up and is fighting the demons again. Swim will report again when she has some hope. Right now I am trying to understand why and how this happened. Cola was swim's first drug then switched to meth which is a tough one to kick. Congrats and keep up the good work!

15. dbjay417

dbjay417 Newbie

Reputation Points:
    I am trying to kick for a couple of weeks just to prove to SWIM he can. SWIM usually use of thursday or friday, so I am getting nervous that swim might slip. If SWIM can make it through to sunday morning, I will be in the clear. SWIM just has to change the station when eric clapton, the eagles, buckcherry, the grateful dead etc etc comes on the radio.

16. cyndi

cyndi R.I.P. Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    Hmm that is how I started, coke as a weekend deal, then it turned into a daily deal. Of course not in a short time period but it can happen, especially if You is fighting urges. The urges tend to get bigger and bigger. Thus the madness. Yes music can trigger thoughts of using, agreed. I am driving herself insane with Lynard Skynard right now. Def. not a good thing. Good luck for the week, but ya know there is another weekend coming up. Be prepared.