Injecting - Tips on IM ketamine

Discussion in 'Ketamine' started by raven3davis, Apr 4, 2006.

1. raven3davis

raven3davis R.I.P. Palladium Member R.I.P.

Reputation Points:
    Okay SWIM decided to start this thread because so many people want to know some tips on injecting Ketamine such as which type of needle to use. I have done some searching on ketamine on these forums and no users have offered a clear cut answer to the question "what type of needle should I use?"

SWIM decided to help some mates out and offer his advise. He is knew to ketamine but has done some research on injecting ketamine so he would do the right thing. I am no medical expert and does not recommend injecting ketamine in the first place, but if you decide to take the plunge, here are some tips.

The needles you want are going to be 1cc 29g ultra fine syringes. These needles have been perfect for My friends and I and should be fine unless SWIR has a lot of body fat. The 1/2 inch should be okay but if SWIR has a lot of body fat then they may want a longer needle. In my experience, 1/2 inch is plenty long.

Some people have said that 29g is too thin and you might break it off in the muscle but this is not too big of a problem.

There is one problem with the 1cc needles. I like to take 100++mg IM which is a whole syringe full. If you want to inject more with this type of syringe you would need 2 shots or get a different needle. SWIM just does two seperate injections but hopefully he can find some 2cc needles soon.

Where to inject?

Check out this site it shows some nice diagrams of where to do IM injections.

http://www.spotinjections.com/index3.htm

I have successfully injected into the deltoid and thigh with this type of needle. Check the page for information on injecting.

SWIM only recommends injecting liquid ketamine. powder Ketamine could be cut and you dont want to inject anything but ketamine.

always use rubbing alcohol on the vial and injecting site. Clean the rubber part of the vial with some alcohol and stick the syringe in. Draw up however much ketamine you need into the syringe. Once you have your dose flick the syringe to get out the bubbles and push the plunger the slightest bit to get all the air out. Note thate bubbles will not kill you as some have suggested. Get them out anyways.

Most ketamine is 10mg/ml and 1ml = 1cc so the 100 unit syringes are perfect for this type of ketamine. Each unit is one mg so a full syringe is a 100mg dose.

Clean the injection site with alcohol. You might want to flex the muscle before injecting to find the best spot but do not flex when you inject the ketamine. Relax your muscle and stick the needle in. The more you fuck around the more it will hurt. Just stick it in and it wont hurt too much.

Once the needle is in the muscle pull back the plunger to make sure you dont get any blood. If there is no blood then you slowly inject the ketamine. It should take like 20 seconds to inject a syringe full. Pull out the needle and you are done.

If there is blood then hold some cotton to the wound for a seconds to get rid of the blood. Massaging the muscle soon after the injection might hurt a bit but it will pay off the next day. You wont be as sore and are less likely to bruise.

That is about all SWIM can think of for now. There is a lot of information out there but everyone has their own opinion on the techniques you should use.

Any additional comments or experiencs would be appreciated. It really is not rocket science. Stick the needle in the muscle and slowly inject. It is much easier to do than an IV injection.

SWIm has done two injections within 30 seconds of each other and the area is barely sore the next day.

Feel free to ask any questions. I am no expert but can probably offer more specific questions if you have any.

Next time I do an injection he might take some pictures of his own to demonstrate the procedure. With this information anyone can figure it out. 29 guage needles are very thin but I have heard of people using 25g also.

thhhhhhhhats all folks. hope this helps someone

2. enquirewithin

enquirewithin Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from bermuda
    Fascinating web site, very detailed. I suspect the target audience is not K users!

3. raven3davis

Reputation Points:
    yea the target audience is probably steroid users but the injection pictures really help. Check out the dude who is injecting into his pecks! That just seems like a bad idea for some reason :/

4. enquirewithin

Reputation Points:
    from bermuda
    Yes, it is helpful as is your post. Some of the injections do look gross, somehow. Funny, there are no pictures of injecting into the butt!:crazy

Last edited: Apr 7, 2006
  5. Psych0naut

Psych0naut Platinum Member

Reputation Points:
    from The Netherlands
    Actually, there is.Look at glute.

6. enquirewithin

Reputation Points:
    from bermuda
    ^So there is!:crazy

7. Beltane

Beltane Palladium Member

Reputation Points:
    from California, U.S.A.
    28, 28.5 are fine. Hell, depending on your comofort level you can go as low as you want. SWIM's used 25 for kicks. 28.5 is what he usually finds available. 29 is too fine, in SWIM's opinion, to be good for much.

1/2 inch is too short. 1 inch is better for true IM injection even on people w low body fat.

This can be a problem. I like injecting and, when only doing IM, will use same point several times. So he just loads and shoots 1CC, loads and shoots 2nd, then loads 3rd and lays that too the side before laying back. If there's only one point available say.

Good question. Without reading the site, b/c I know all about steroids already, best spots are external delts and upper _&_ outer quadrant of the butt (fun with the right friend:)

Remember 2 things tho. One is that ANY muscle will do. Two is that if you hit a vein you'll go under way harder and faster, but it's not all that dangerous unless you're standing and fall and hit your head on something.

Important tip: If you're lucky enuf to get the stuff in the original 10CC bottles, here's how you load a syringe. Suck as much air into your rig as the amount of Ketamine you plan to draw out. Put needle (full of air) into bottle and turn both upside-down. Now "inject" your amount of air creating an "inverse vacuum" which makes it much easier to draw out the K you want.

Agreed. Insert the needle like a dart. I had asurgeon inject him once w/ K and she went slow and it hurt more. Aim, fire, done.

Good info, tho I don't bother much with it. He injects 1CC in about 5 seconds and he no longer bothers to pull back and see if there's blood since, due to other reasons, he knows it's pretty tough to hit a vein and won't kill you even if you do.

AMEN! One of the reasons SWIM loves K is that IM is so frickin' easy!

- B

8. an_user

an_user Newbie

Reputation Points:
    from Canada
    I have a vile of powder ketamine, and although You has recommended to not use it due to impurities, COULD it be done anyways (melt powder on spoon)? And if so, You has mentioned "a syringe full"...SWIM can't imagine such a small amount of powder ketamine turning into a syringe full of liquid k...or could it?

9. enquirewithin

Reputation Points:
    from bermuda
    There is no need to heat ketamine. It will dissolve in water. Measure out however much K you want-- probably start with 50 mg-- and dissolve it in about 1 cc of water. A small amount of powder can turn into any amount of liquid!

10. an_user

an_user Newbie

Reputation Points:
    from Canada
    Does it need to be sterile water or something of the sort? Or can SWIM just use bottled water?

11. INodHardOhYeah

INodHardOhYeah Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    This fact is not known widely enough but bottled water and distilled water contain more bacteria than tap water on average. Best to just use tap, or if you really want to you can boil it for 20 minutes, allow to cool, and then use.

What you really want to use is sterile injecting fluid, but it requires a prescription.

12. djesus

djesus Newbie

Reputation Points:
    35 y/o
    First off, HI. I admire your forum here.

Are all brands of Ketamine safe to inject IM or are there only certain brands that are safe for humans?

13. enquirewithin

Reputation Points:
    from bermuda
    As far as I know, it's are the same drug for both man and beast. so as long as its pure ketamine, it should be OK. Some brands are more 'psychedelic' than others.

Last edited: Jul 7, 2006
  14. Nagognog2

Nagognog2 Iridium Member

Reputation Points:
    "but bottled water and distilled water contain more bacteria than tap water "

Distilled means the water has been boiled and run through a condenser back to liquid form from being steam. There should be NO bacteria present in this if purchased from a reputable company. Photographic stores often sell "Triple-Distilled Water" - which would be the best for chemical uses requiring nothing interesting swimming about.

15. djesus

djesus Newbie

Reputation Points:
    35 y/o
    Thanks, thats what I was concerned about. Some brands being made for humans and others for animals. I wasnt sure if the animal brands were safe to go IM in humans.

16. Down-the-k-hole

Down-the-k-hole Newbie

Reputation Points:
    30 y/o
    I have only ever taken K by insufflation :snort: but would like to try IMing it. Generally I will start with around 75-80mg and take further 50mg's when needed, usually going up to around 500mg (notably I have never k-holed by this method!)

SWIM wonders what a safe amount for first time IMing would be & also wonders if insufflation tollerance affects IM tollerance?

17. arman

arman Titanium Member

Reputation Points:
    from Germany
    first time IM

Here is all I know (I am such a b*tch on ketamine:D):

for first time the safe (and still good) dose is 70-80mg. But You probably do not k-hole on it. Cause ketamine insufflation tolerance also applies to IM ketamine, at last they are the same substance getting into blood.

Although some IM ketamine tolerance will be there due to injection to the same muscle (cause the muscle do not allow the drug to go to the blood stream easily) but as SWIM described there is no tolerance in insufflation ketamine that IM ketamine doesn't have.

So You should start from about 100mg-110mg, SWIM guesses, it also depends on your weight.

I recommend injecting it to you's thigh muscle cause this is the easiest injection site in his opinion, SWIM IMed ketamine first time on his thigh.

After injecting tens of time, I recommend sitting on a small-chair/bed with you's right leg almost straight (You should open his leg in front of himself until he feel least pressure on his thigh muscle, he can touch it to ensure least pressure on it). Then You should draw the needle to it , test for blood and inject slowly (to avoid pain) then withdraw needle quickly and sharply.

then I recommend You to lie on his back and wish himself a nice trip, destroy all his fears and remember after trip everything will be just like before.

the lower didn't harm the first time but the higher may do.

18. arman

arman Titanium Member

Reputation Points:
    from Germany
    "animal brands"

SWIM IMed "animal brands" tens of times, so he thinks it should be safe, atleast for him.;)

19. bewilderment

bewilderment Drug Geek Extraordinaire Platinum Member & Advisor

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    Swim recently acquired some diabetic needles and syringes for use in her experimentation with ketamine. She, too, has heard that a 1inch-1 1/2 inch needle is ideal. She figured 28g was alright so she got some of these, but upon opening noticed that despite her research and her taking into account things such as needle length she had neglected to check on the needle length and apparently they are 1/2". She doesn't have any K at the moment, but will sometime within the next few weeks.

The first post on here was reassuring for swim because she was considering ordering more syringes/needles...apparently her's are not detachable so she can't just order the correct size needle. She's also running low on cash and would rather not order anything else as these things have to be bought in bulk and even though each syringe is cheap individually, the money adds up when buying the big boxes. I am not sure whether to give it a go with the needles she currently has or to suck it up and get some more. And, if she were to get some more, how would she dispose of this box of syringes/needles...a box of 100 needles and syringes looks a bit suspicious to throw out.

So, are they usable or not? If so, which intramuscular injection sites on the body have the least fat and easier to get to the muscle with such short needles (Note: I don't have a large amount of body fat)?

Also, I am getting the powder (she has access to vials as well, but they are slightly more expensive). I know where the compound is coming from and that it is pharmaceutical grade, professionally dehydrated out of the vials and not cut with anything. Most sites I've seen suggest putting some distilled water in with ketamine and heating inside of a vial. I don't own a vial so what could she use instead? Also, is this step necessary so long as the needle is sterile and the water distilled? I've also read of people using filters such as cotton to draw the liquid into the syringe, again is this step necessary with ketamine?

20. raven3davis

Reputation Points:
    Cotton can be used regardless. It will make it easier getting the ketamine into the syrginge without making the blade dull.

I have never had a problem with 1/2 28/29 guage needles. HMMM.... maybe he isnt doing a true IM injection and it is really sd, but the ketamine sure did hit him and every one of his friends prettty damn hard when they injected themselves. None of them have a lot of body fat either.

When SWIM throws away needles he puts them in an empty soda bottle. Tighten the hell out of the top and spraypaint it if you really want to be inconspicuous. I would recommend just paying extra for the vial if you want to inject the ketamine. It makes things a lot easier and the ketamine will probably be more sterile.

There is no reason to use heat unless the ketamine will not fully dissolve. Heat should only be applies to separate binders from actives or with chemicals that need a big of heat to make them go into soultion. I do not know if ketamine would require heat but he does not think so. have fun in the k hole!

BTW I like injecting into his thigh and delt, those are the easiest in his opinion.

Tags: