tips on the come down

Discussion in 'Ecstasy & MDMA' started by Guest, Jul 14, 2005.

1. Guest

Guest Guest

Reputation Points:
    when ever i have a night of doing pills with friends when ever the
    night is over, i get really depressed, i mean really depressed, cause i
    have 2 go home 2 bed, and just lay there, is there anything i can/take
    to feel better

like alcohol or weed?

2. Nagognog2

Nagognog2 Iridium Member

Reputation Points:
    Nope. It's a standard feeling as the substance wears off. Ride the tiger and figure this will be part of the ride.

3. Nature Boy

Nature Boy Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from ireland
    I disagree with that. There are plenty of things you can do to enjoy the comedown. Have a sixer of beer and a bag of weed set aside, have a plan for the next day, try not to think of everything in terms of "am I up?"/"am I down?". You get the hang of it after a while. If you just concede when it wears off, you'll feel shitty the next day both physically and mentally.

4. Nagognog2

Nagognog2 Iridium Member

Reputation Points:
    Well I agree that you disagree. But the drug does wear off. What the rider needs to truly understand is that the experience is from that which already exists within themselves. So that never wears off. But I wasn't going to go there. Thanks for the slap, Nature. Have some beer if you like. Sleep. Take a bath. Jack-off. Whatever it takes. But you are that which you saw and felt. We all are. Edited by: nagognog2

5. sterling77

sterling77 Iridium Member

Reputation Points:
    from denmark
  6. Nature Boy

Nature Boy Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from ireland
    I can see where you're coming from, but coming down off XTC seems very artificial for me. It wears off in an instant and you just feel like crap. You need to do something to take your mind off it and all of the above covers that. [​IMG]

7. Nagognog2

Nagognog2 Iridium Member

Reputation Points:
    If we could yank the amphetamine bridge off the molecule, and still have it do the wonderous thing it can do, it would be perfect. Until then...ACK!

8. Nature Boy

Nature Boy Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from ireland
    I'm getting pretty sick of uppers at the moment. If it's not unbelievably good, there's no point doing it. No more cheap coke and dirty pills for me for a while. It's annoying when you learn how to pinpoint the exact second it wears off. I like drugs to wear off gradually and run their course. Favourites at the moment are cannabis (as always), mushrooms and ketamine. Might try some DXM next week. Never touched it before.

9. als5555

als5555 Newbie

Reputation Points:
    i dont know your sleep patterns but i might try to stay up and have activities planned for the come down. keep your self intertained until you are really tire =d and can fall asleep fast. another thing that works for some is a few hits of weed right after the peek, this will also help you fall asleep faster. but on the other hand, those are wise words nagognog2, it does wear off and that's the nature of all drugs.

10. Nature Boy

Nature Boy Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from ireland
    Nothing quite wears off as suddenly as XTC in my opinion though. It's a really emotionally deceptive drug that just leaves you for dead when it wears off. Nothing I've tried (including cocaine) hits you as suddenly when it wears off.

11. orngthmpr

orngthmpr Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Is the comedown off of MDMA by itself rough, or is it what the pill is cut with that makes you have rough comedowns? Just asking cuz Ive only dropped 1 time with no comedown at all, and the rest of the time its been close to death (not actually) just rough...

12. Nicaine

Nicaine Titanium Member

Reputation Points:
    from Rhode Island, U.S.A.
    Seriously? I seem to remember a rather long (and unpleasant) comedown from MDA, but it was many years ago.

Are you saying there's always a moment when you realize "I'm down" and it's very sudden? If so, that makes sense. So does the anhedonia -- unfortunately I am all too familiar with that feeling... [​IMG]

Anything that tweaks the opiate receptors can temporarily help with anhedonia, BTW... unfortunately when whatever it is wears off you're back where you started, maybe worse. And to answer another post, 5-HTP really doesn't do much for anhedonia, in my experience (YMMV).

Heh I know the feeling, man. And too often it's just average, no matter what the upper. The comedowns, the urge to keep rolling, the expense, the hassles... [​IMG] Edited by: Nicaine

13. OiledMandible

OiledMandible Titanium Member

Reputation Points:
    Are you saying there's always a moment when you realize "I'm down" and it's very sudden?</span>

Awwww....yes, and fuck that feeling. That sudden sense of loss
    and sadness, when you feel it leaving and realize that it has to end.
    Such a terrible sensation.

14. billyloner

billyloner Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    36 y/o

indeed. its the worst part of the journey! everything goes from perfect to dull in an instant. alive to lifeless. no avoiding it as such, however, i find a few spliffs will send me to sleep, and 3 hours sleep is all i need to wake feeling resfreshed. then a few beers and some weed and im loved up and happy again.

15. Nature Boy

Nature Boy Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from ireland
    It always hits me at the weirdest time. Usually when a few of us are sitting around a room doing nothing. Then it's like "what are we actually doing?" and the night is gone.

Some people don't come down as suddenly as I do, and that's probably why I'm not too into uppers.

16. sonerer

sonerer Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Swim only done it once, when he came down i just though, yhe that was
    fresh and jsut stayed happy. Still had a nice afterglow, maybe it was
    the pill[​IMG]. (Although it was a green mitsa...)

Also helped havin a friend that was doing @ the same time and came down
    @ the same time... jsut talked about how good it was watched tv, had a
    blaze then tried to sleep...

17. Nature Boy

Nature Boy Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from ireland
    The first few times you barely notice the comedown. Once it becomes a weekly habit, the comedown is hell. If you haven't done XTC too often, don't abuse it. Once every few months is fine but it's too late for me now. I won't be able to fully enjoy pills again ever I reckon. It's gotta be pure MDMA or nothing from now on or simply going without it.Edited by: nature_boy_liam

18. orngthmpr

orngthmpr Newbie

Reputation Points:
    It usually never hits me hard until the sun comes up. Then it hits me like a ton of bricks. I hate it to because usually the comedown is so hard that i swear that I am never going to roll again, but 2-3 weekslater and I am all up for it again lol :)

19. Nature Boy

Nature Boy Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from ireland
    True that. The sun coming up is completely depressing because everyone packs it up and goes home. Then you're left with your brain dead saddened thoughts.

20. ramjet

ramjet Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.K.
    I had some pills a few weekends ago (Armanis I think) which just gradually faded away to a warm glowand I didn't really come down. No gurning during the experience either.I was still left with a nice afterglow the day after. The pills weren'tamazingly strong but they were SOOO clean, it was lovely. Took some coke alongside them which helped keep me up when the pills started to wear offand then I smoked weed when the coke ran out. I didn't overdo it which I think is the key. I only took 1 1/2, maybe 2 pills (can't remeber) and half a gram of coke (good coke).The only annoying thing was that I didn't sleep that well.

Weed is CRUCIAL for me. I wouldn't even conisder doing E unless I had a bag of weed for the end of the experience. There's abrilliant synergy between these two drugs. I find the weed is significantlyenhanced by the tail end of the MDMA experience and it makes the comedown much more bareable, sometimes even eradicating it altogether, sometimes even making the end of an E experience PLEASURABLE. There's nothing like coming home with a friend after a night out, putting on a great, happyor nostalgic film (not horror), breaking open a bag of weed and eventually passing out.

Alternatively I find that MDMA crystals guarantee the purity of your experience and if you snort or gum them, whilethe high itself isn't necessarily as intense and it doesn't last as long, it's still great and you don't really experience a "come down" so much as just feeling a bit irritable.Edited by: ramjet