Tobacco for burning?

Discussion in 'Cannabis' started by pokergod0588, Aug 30, 2005.

1. pokergod0588

pokergod0588 Newbie

Reputation Points:
    i heard a few days ago that i should be sprinkling a little bit of tobacco into my joints to keep them burn better, anyone do this?

i never really noticed a problem withburningtho (or so i thought, maybe im not gettin the full burn of it)

2. Creeping Death

Creeping Death Iridium Member

Reputation Points:
    Never needed that. Maybe if you have moist weed. Tobacco is necessary with hash though.

3. FrankenChrist

FrankenChrist Iridium Member

Reputation Points:
    from belgium
    If you're afraid of nicotine there are a lot of alternatives. Dried mint for one.

4. pokergod0588

pokergod0588 Newbie

Reputation Points:
    i really dont care except that i think tobacco tastes like shit, but i love the taste of weed and dont wanna ruin it

5. thegod1

thegod1 Newbie

Reputation Points:
    I always find a joint without tobacco doesnt burn properly, I always sprinkle it on.

And if the taste is the problem, I normally cant taste the tobacco much if its loaded with weed.

6. Nature Boy

Nature Boy Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from ireland
    SWIM usually uses half a cigarette's worth of tobacco and a 1/4 of a gram weed in my joints. He always puts tobacco in his joints because it burns smoother and for some reason, doesn't cause as much cotton mouth. Damn, I love my weed. Wish he could get a better connection though. He has some orange bud at the moment so times are good...for now.

Last edited: Aug 28, 2006
  7. BrandonAA

BrandonAA Newbie

Reputation Points:
    its the europeans who do that shit. i think it might be because in america there is tons of commercial buds, "regs" and "mids". in europe and canada probably mostly are dealing with kind bud grown domestically in fairly large plots , but it has never been bricked for overseas exportation. in the states we get kind bud too, but regs are so so very cheap. and by kind bud i mean any of the royal hybrids (20%+ THC). but in america i don't know anyone who throws tobacco in (even for the most chronic of weed), if its too moist we just smoke out of glass pieces.

8. Chaote

Chaote Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Canada exports billions of dollars worth of weed to the US so dont think that we dont know how to smoke.

I find tobacco helps it burn and it gets you higher so its a doubly good thing, its basicly a blunt well kinda.

9. searcher

searcher Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from Massachusetts, U.S.A.
    Blunts

10. sands of time

sands of time Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    Here in the states, almost no one mixes tobacco with they're weed. Not only that, but many people will think you are crazy if you bring it up. They don't realize it's a common thing in Europe. And as BrandonAA
    said, glass peices work good for smoking moist stuff. Swim just throws it in a bowl with perhaps some burning herbs and tokes away.
    Edited by: sands of time

11. cactus

cactus Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from Australia
    Most people here mix. For some reason i find bongs go down 10 times better with 1/3 tobacco. with joynts i dont mind it either way, but i cant smoke it strightif ive been drinking.

12. Nature Boy

Nature Boy Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from ireland
    In my experience of seeing people smoke around the world this is what I have observed:

USA: Mainly "pinner doobies" when smoking in joint form. Quickly thrown together mini-joints, no hassle involved. Tendancy to use bongs in order to make the most of the weed.

Ireland: Long, thin joints using thick rolling papers (I know, it's horrible) containing both tobacco and weed/hash. SWIM rolls his joints quite differently from the standard Irish method. Blunts are practically unheard of.

Britain: Very similar to Ireland though they tend to roll their joints with thinner papers (which is a good thing).

Australia: Similar to British joints with the use of tobacco, but bong use is more common because weed is more predominant than hash.

Holland: The Dutch roll their joints backwards, roach in whilst rolling, to use as little paper as possible. These are the best joints I have seen but are also the trickiest to roll. Naturally, seeing as Holland is practically "The Land of Cannabis", people use all sorts of crazy bongs, vapourisers, hookahs etc.

Last edited: Aug 28, 2006
  13. searcher

searcher Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from Massachusetts, U.S.A.
    I posted a question about smoking (tobacco) from a hookah on the other forum
    any further explainations here ? experiences ? weed or hash ?. How do you "smoke" a hookah ?

(sorry about the cross post)

14. big-lester

big-lester Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from The Netherlands
    In holland (I live there) many people use very much tabbaco, 2/4 or 3/4
    cig most of the times, with there joints but they use a lot of weed
    though (0.5 G).

I prefer just a tiny bit because that gives me a better high than with
    lots of tabbaco, just a tiny bit for the burning, you almost won't
    notice the tabbaco.

And i have a tip that will get you [email protected]€king high:

take a lemon, drill 2 holes in it so you can suck trough it but make
    sure that one hole is big enough for the joint or you can make a bowl
    of it with an bowl from a bong or so (just be creative) and smoke
    through the lemon, you'll be wasted

You can use other types of fruit also like bananas, apples, limes, or oranges or other kinds of fruit

here's are some pictures of such a "fruit pipe"

awww.hempcity.net_travelreports_smokeupinchristiania_image006.jpg

make a hole in the apple

</font>

awww.hempcity.net_travelreports_smokeupinchristiania_image008.jpg

put some weed or hash or both in the apple and light it

</font>

awww.hempcity.net_travelreports_smokeupinchristiania_image010.jpg

and smoke it

</font>

awww.hempcity.net_travelreports_smokeupinchristiania_image012.jpg

</font>

15. Ebatra

Ebatra Newbie

Reputation Points:
    In Australia mixing weed with tobacco is common. Especially with smoking bongs. Joints are pretty much the same either way. The main reason I do it is because somewhere along the track he heard that the tobacco releases a chemical into your brain which enables you do induce a better high. Although weather this is true is up for debate.

16. Barelled01

Barelled01 Newbie

Reputation Points:
    have read that English use tobacco because they smoke a lot of hash. I prefer tobacco anyway, feel it burns more completely