Smoking - tobacco + nicotine extract

Discussion in 'Tobacco' started by seechao, Mar 16, 2007.

1. seechao

seechao Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    38 y/o from Canada
    Well, SWIM just tried something remarkably stupid... heheheh
    I have quit smoking and has been having a tough time, he's on the patch, but I think the patch isnt the best method for him. I have been craving the nicotine rush alot, and thinks that the constant level of it in his system is the cause. Well, SWIM fell and smoked a cigarette yesterday, and got nothing at all out of it because of the patch... so he got to thinking about 20x tobacco.

SWIM chopped up two patches, the clear ones with the nicotine in the glue, and placed them in a small vial of methyl alcohol, he let that sit till this morning, and then dumped it out onto a small wad of tobacco and let it dry under a lightbulb.

SWIM just took his first hit of super baccy 15 minutes ago, it was about 2 to 6 crumbs of tobacco worth. He stuck it in a pipe and inhaled, the smoke got about half way down his throat and caught, this led to a caughing fit of doom, I was coughing so hard he headed for the porcelain idol thinking it was time for a technicolor sacrifice, but only a horrible cough was experianced. The smoke tasted like 100 cigarettes and burnt a burn that made nicotine gum seem like juicy fruit. I was afraid that he would get too much in his system thru his mucal membrane, just from the deposited smoke, and rinced out his mouth with water and spit alot. SWIM imedeatly(why dosnt firefox spellcheck on this board? damnit, I cant spell, I neeeed spellcheck.) began to sweat profusly and got a rush, of sorts,
    but he thinks that alot of it was the adrenaline rush from fear and the endorphines from the gaging and such, but there was definatly alot of nicotine in it too. I think that nicotine tolerance kept most of the rush at bay, and would like to try this again, at a much lower dose, once, when he hasnt had a smoke or a patch in a few days...

I think that he'll stop using the patch tomorow, and go cold turkey, and if he needs a smoke in a few days, he'll try a single crumb of this tobacco, no more. May be a interesting rush, as well as a deterant to future nicotine cravings :) SWIM wonders if a few doses of this may train his brain to shut up about nicotine once it realises it's poison... All I am sure of, is that the patch is keeping him hooked longer and needs to go.

I did not expect this much niccotine to come out in the final product as he noticed that it is extremely volatile and hard not to loose under any heat, maybe a lightbulb isnt enough heat to volatise much nicotine, that or alcohol dosnt take much with it when it evaporates, unlike water.

Mandatory disclaimer:
    Kids, dont try this at home, as it realy is quite dangerous and stupid, as well as mostly pointless due to unpleasantness. I am a trained idiot, having received a degree in stupidity at one of the nations leading unlearning institutes. Stupidity like this should only be attempted by professionals.

2. darkglobe

darkglobe Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.K.
    I thought endorphins were happy chemicals? Meh. I'm probably wrong.

While that was an interesting read -I've never heard of anyone making an X strength of tobacco before - I really don't think you should be doing that.

I'm no GP, but as far as I can see, most of the effects you mentioned are actually part and parcel of a nicotine overdose. Nicotine overdoses can be fatal (at LOW doses, too) and as one's tolerance drops, so does their lethal dose.

Just be careful. Maybe you could scrap the smoking idea completely, and make some sort of dose-controlled method of ingestion, using Nicotine obtained from the patch? Just a thought.

~Dark

3. Benga

Benga Platinum Member & Advisor

Reputation Points:
    from japan
    another experience might be trying uncured tobacco, the original form used for divination by healers..could be strong enough to be interesting...
    not swim's cup of tea, but to each his own

4. Nagognog2

Nagognog2 Iridium Member

Reputation Points:
    Some rural hardware stores carry what one might be looking for. Just ask where the Rat-Poison section is is. Look for the can marked 'Nicotine.'

5. darkglobe

darkglobe Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.K.
    Nicotine as rat poison, eh?

It's not until one hears of things like these that one gets rather.... scared.

Then again, Warfarin (not that you didn't know) - used to thin the blood in cases of haematoma/clotting - is also a rat poison.

~Dark

6. Nicaine

Nicaine Titanium Member

Reputation Points:
    from Rhode Island, U.S.A.
    I could have sworn nicotine was used as insect poison, not rat poison. Learn something new every day, I guess... anyway, another example of a drug like nicotine secreted by plants to prevent being eaten by insects is (dum dum dummmm): Cocaine. Lots of drugs (maybe all, depending on how you look at it) are poisons in larger quantities, drugs in smaller quantities.

7. Nagognog2

Nagognog2 Iridium Member

Reputation Points:
    Correct. Plants form and secrete these substances to protect themselves from various dangers: Too much sun. To many bugs. To much water. So forth. Even Marijuana might well secrete THC-laden resin to protect it's leaves from drying out and to act as a form of "tanglefoot" for predatory insects. To my knowledge no one has gotten a definitive answer to this by asking a pot-plant - though I'm sure many have tried.

Believe it or not, God may not have filled Cannabis with THC just so Hippie Joe and Mary could smoke it.

8. darkglobe

darkglobe Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.K.
    Yeah but alcohol is yeast excrement.

Anyhoo... Nicotine standardised extracts are on the internet. Just Gaggle it and you'll see.

~Dark

9. seechao

seechao Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    38 y/o from Canada
    But some plants, for example mushrooms, have developed them so that they WILL be eaten, the spores survive the digestive tract, and end up in a nice bed of pooh one day's walk away, which is great for them. Seems like there are stickier substances than thc, that wont attract mamals, maybe something similar for marijuana?

10. darkglobe

darkglobe Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.K.
    NOt quite sure what you mean by that, seechao, could you explain it a different way please?

~Dark

11. seechao

seechao Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    38 y/o from Canada
    Well, it's not related to the thread, but I was pointing out that shrooms make psylocibin in order to make itself more desireable as food, and that not all drugs are poison, nicotine however, is.

12. darkglobe

darkglobe Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.K.
    Oh I see now.

You're right there, actually. I'm not sure the psilocybin allure is intentional by mother nature, but it could well be.

13. Potter

Potter Platinum Member & Advisor

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    I was under the impression that using nicotine as an insecticide is illegal? At least at the commercial level.