1. Dear Drugs-Forum readers: We are a small non-profit that runs one of the most read drug information & addiction help websites in the world. We serve over 4 million readers per month, and have costs like all popular websites: servers, hosting, licenses and software. To protect our independence we do not run ads. We take no government funds. We run on donations which average $25. If everyone reading this would donate $5 then this fund raiser would be done in an hour. If Drugs-Forum is useful to you, take one minute to keep it online another year by donating whatever you can today. Donations are currently not sufficient to pay our bills and keep the site up. Your help is most welcome. Thank you.
    PLEASE HELP

Health - Tolerance for MDMA sucks!

Discussion in 'Ecstasy & MDMA' started by LSDMAN, Aug 25, 2012.

1. LSDMAN

LSDMAN Newbie

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    First of I am a 25 year old male, healthy and has been a user of MDMA for over 10 years now. It started off freshmen year when swim tried his first hit of ecstasy. It was a rave which was perfect and it was a life changing experience. SWIM began to live in the rave culture. I would use ecstasy several times a week in high doses. At one point I was using for days straight. It became more of an amphetamine high with psychadelic properties after the first several doses.

So at this point in his life he is doing 1-3 hits max on a given night. Then it became 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9... i lose count to how many i would do at a time.

Thankfully he slowed down but not yet. After highschool it got worse, he was doing it less often. However he was doing alot of it each time I would. Missing the days when 1 good tab would hit.. now he barely felt it.

He is now 25 years old. Still very much involved in the rave culture and continues to use MDMA... but its on special occasions. There have been times when he would go months without using. Hoping his tollerance to go down. However to this day, if I want to have a good night. He needs at least 3 good hits of ecstasy at once to feel it. Not to boast but I have taken up to 2g of molly in one 12 hour period at raves. Stuff that should kill normal humans... but somehow my body keeps taking it.

I take 5-htp after for a few days to help with the after effects. I just would like to know is there nothing I can do to help the tolerance go down, or am I stuck with this forever?

2. enduhroo

enduhroo Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    get off of it for a long long time.

3. 11221122

11221122 Newbie

Reputation Points:
    from U.K.
    my dog is the same as you. have been taking ecstasy on and off since 1988. i still roll hard but have to take at least 4 tablets to come up hard. i will usually take a minimum of 10-15 in a session

4. r0tanddecay

r0tanddecay Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    AFOAF used to get some bomb ass molly, said to be upwards of 98% pure, and sources were plentiful as friend had plenty of money from working. He never used for longer than a single binge night but would end up finding himself blowing .8 - 1 g and did so once or twice weekly for just one summer. Then after he stopped having that magical rolling sensation, he decided to take an entire year break from it and then see how hard he'd roll after. Without any problem, he stopped using and awaited his next use. The one year mark rolled around and he tried his original parachuting method (which usually always worked but he loved blowing it) with 200 mg of the same MDMA. Needless to say, he was very disappointed with the experience. That was the last time he chose to use and has no interest in trying again. The negatives greatly outweigh the positives when it comes to MDMA. Feeling grkeat for 4 hours isn't worth the awful 9 hours after, and in his case, 2 month long intense depression. He believes it is impossible for him to experience the magical effects of MDMA anymore, simply because he is too accustomed to the sensations. Its no longer overwhelming, thus losing the rush.

5. malbar

malbar Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.K.
    My pet raccoon has been using Mandy on and off for the last 10 years and many many great times where had. After around a year long break mainly due to not being able to get a hold of anything decent my pet raccoons friend was able to provide quality stuff at very cheap prices.

At this point my raccoon was using about once a week for around 6 months and then upwards of twice a week for another 3. This wasnt the case in the past, his dosages where smaller and fewer. At no point was any loss of magic noticed. After deciding things where maybe getting out of hand he decided to stop for 6 months, which he done without any problem. Sadly the next time he took, the results where very lacklustre even though my raccoons friends had a very much enjoyable experience. After another months break he tried again with similar results.

He recently tried 300mg of 5-HTP daily for two weeks, took a week off and tried rolling again. The effects where stronger than before but still no rushes...magics gone :(

My raccoons thinking that maybe its time to hang up the towel - I'd love to know if taking that 6 months off after heavy usage has caused this though. I'm not sure how taking a break would down regulate receptors though, surely it would have the opposite effect. Taking larger doses doesn't help with increasing effects though like some above have suggested.

I'd like to say my philosophy on this is that nothing lasts for ever, a good run was had, many great times and maybe it's time for my raccoon to say good bye to that chapter in his life. In reality though I find myself searching for a solution, reading about potentiation, learning about the serotonin/dopamine system, different methods of administration, reading about other drugs legal and otherwise that might help.

My pet raccoon sure does miss that feeling.

6. plus44racer182

plus44racer182 Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    28 y/o from U.S.A.
    stop man I did this to... My head still isnt okay and its been months.. I am recovering but the physical side effects are still bad. I'm achy and i have muscle twitches and still see static trails and aura. On top of all of that pretty much the only drug that does anything is weed, the euphoria of everything else is lost even opiates I hadn't taken oxy in over a year I had to take 100mg just to feel anything like itch and slight euphoria.

what you are doing is really bad for you and could possibly lead to a temporary psychosis PLEASE STOP !!!!

exit the scene for a bit do things during the day maybe hang with family?

7. stasik

stasik Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from Washington, U.S.A.
    Eventually, almost everyone I know dropped out of the rave scene/and doing ecstasy or pills.

I've heard many of these people, myself included, complain how they can't get to that magical, giddy land of love anymore, no matter how long they abstain. Fuck do I miss that feeling. The best I have, and will ever, experience.

8. Ghetto_Chem

Ghetto_Chem Palladium Member

Reputation Points:
    from earth
    The only people that last are the people that know how to use responsibly and space out doses. Not saying that my friend is perfect, by no means, but he tried his hardest and can still roll good to this day. He's been rolling for 7 years now, doing the whole rave scene thing for 3. Amongst this time he has seen people come and go. Its really funny actually...

This is the whole play of events if you dose the way some people have described in this thread...

You take your first roll and it changes your life, you think that this is the drug thats gonna help you connect with everyone around you in a way you've never thought was possible, etc. You think that you'll only do it every so often but that feeling is just soo good, and especially a week or so after you feel like you just left a nice vacation and wanna go back. So you start to use once a month or so, maybe even less. Then that turns into every other week, turns into every week, turns into the weekend thing. Next thing you know the doses are getting bigger and bigger to get that same intense effect, all the while that magic is just burning away... Then one day, usually 9months to a year down the road, you realize it just isn't fun anymore and you either quit for awhile (or good) or you continue to use even though its really not that fun but this is what you've become accustomed to. Most people drop off just because its an expensive drug to take and not feel that great off of. Usually these are the same people that act like they've been into the scene for ages, but then you dig a little deeper and realize they took their first dose of MDMA 6-9months ago, they act that way because they've been using it soo much that it feels like its been forever.

If you want to stay a raver forever, you have to learn to be able to go to shows nearly sober (or light drinking/bud smokin) and have a good time. Can't tell you how many times my friend has gone to shows, been the guy dancing/going the hardest, and have people constantly coming up to asking you if your rolling. It feels good to know that you can have just as much, if not more fun, than the people that are rolling ballz.

My friend thinks if you want the best experience possible, spacing each one out a year apart is ideal. Now for most people this just isn't possible, even my friend has a hard time doing this, so if once a year is too little, at most 4-6 times a year. Even 4-6 times a year is pushing it. The way to tell if your doing it too much, or at least how my friend tells, is if the after effects go from being an afterglow-like experience to depression. Everybody is different, but if my friend keeps his experiences spaced out far enough, he gets a good euphoria/afterglow for a week or two after, but if he starts to use more frequently this turns into what people refer to as the "Tuesday blues".

If you wanna keep rolling for as long as possible, with reasonable dosages, then don't take it like its buds, alcohol, cocaine, etc. This is something different and special, that shouldn't be used as a weekend drug.

-GC

Last edited: Mar 5, 2013
  9. Doowder

Doowder Newbie

Reputation Points:
    from U.K.
    Say that I do become tolerant to MDMA, are there other drugs that can be taken that DON'T release the same chemical agents in the brain as MDMA?

10. zenchicken

zenchicken Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from earth
    there are plenty of drugs that don't work on serotonin receptors but if you've already built quite a tolerance to MDMA, you might want to think twice before using other drugs, especially those with a higher addiction potential...