Too much water.

Discussion in 'Ecstasy & MDMA' started by spidert3, Apr 28, 2005.

1. spidert3

spidert3 Newbie

Reputation Points:
    I have heard that if u dont drink enough water on X or to much water on X you can die from it. Can someone help me out with this? and if its true or not. And if it is true what would be the right amount of water to consume?

2. Tony Blair

Tony Blair Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Too much water = Death. Too little water = Death.

1 Pint an hour = Good. [​IMG]

3. Hyperreal

Hyperreal Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from ireland
    Drink when you're thirsty. Don't drink out of compulsion or habit when you're not thirsty.

4. spidert3

spidert3 Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Thank you for your responses now I know to be more careful.

5. Pinkavvy

Pinkavvy Platinum Member & Advisor

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    death from too much water? i dont think so. too much water may make you bloated or perhaps vomit. and you'll pee alot.

too little water can cause you to dehydrate which could cause death. most people don't drink enough water anyway, let alone while on meth or ecstacy.

6. Hyperreal

Hyperreal Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from ireland
  7. asystole

asystole Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Basically what happens is MDMA increases the production of ADH (anti-diuretic hormone, it makes you not have to pee). If you consume tons of water and there is too much ADH, your blood serum begins to dilute, and there are quite a few reported deaths due to it.

8. roidrage

roidrage Newbie

Reputation Points:
    33 y/o
    when we did about drugs in school only death we learned about was a girl who died from drinking too much water beacuse it made her brain swell up

9. bowlingforcindy

bowlingforcindy Newbie

Reputation Points:
    roidrage, thatsa what happens. but you seriously need to drink shit loads to die, like 20 pints an hour. so dont worry. i have a couple bottles an hour maybe, but i never worry if i have more, u do need quite abit to die from while on e

10. korky8097

korky8097 Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    chillin and sitting down - 1 pt. an hour should be sufficient

dancing your ass off - depending on heat, sweat, and what not you should probably have 2-3 pints.

11. IvoryQueen

IvoryQueen Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    34 y/o
    yeah you need to drink silly amounts to die from it, i think it water waters down the blood or something.

a pint or small bottle an hour is advised, and sip it rather than drinking the whole thing at once x

12. bowlingforcindy

bowlingforcindy Newbie

Reputation Points:
    yeah. it dilutes your blood, sommit like that, and something to do with the salt in your body, but anyway, 1 bottle/pint an hour is enough, and sip/.

13. prospero

prospero Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.K.
    The problem is that in a few very rare cases (usually girls) MDMA mucks around with levels of Vasopressin, a hormone which controls water retention. In these cases all the water that is consumed is retained instead of being urinated away. The organs of the body then swell, which is no big problem except for the brain which has got nowhere to swell to. The brain stem is then crushed resulting in death. Not very much water (a few pints maybe) has to be consumed for this to happen.

It's very rare but for those unlucky individuals the consequences are fatal.Edited by: prospero

14. asystole

asystole Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Hyponatremia
    Hyponatremia (literally “low salt”) is a condition where the salt and electrolyte levels in the blood fall dangerously, which can lead to brain damage and death. A common understanding of ecstasy-related hyponatremia has been that it is caused only by drinking dangerously large quantities of water.

One of the growing areas of understanding is that ecstasy-related hyponatremia may be exacerbated by a direct pharmacological action of MDMA. MDMA has been shown to cause an increase in the anti-diuretic hormone (ADH or Vasopressin). While diuretics cause increased urination, increases in anti-diuretic hormone reduce urination and levels of salt in the bloodstream. Drinking too much water and an increase of ADH combine to make hyponatremia more likely.

Data shows that cases of ecstasy-related hyponatremia can occur at very low doses (1/2 a tablet) and while most cases occur after heavy obsessive water drinking, this is not true in all cases. Users should be warned about this issue and people showing symptoms of hyponatremiashould be treated by medical professionals immediately.
    <DIV =quote2>Signs of Hyponatremia</DIV>

Early
    Anorexia
    Headache
    Nausea
    Emesis (Vomiting)
    Muscular cramps
    Weakness

Advanced
    Impaired response to verbal stimuli
    Impaired response to painful stimuli
    Bizarre (inappropriate) behavior
    Hallucinations (auditory or visual)
    Asterixis - asterixis (as·ter·ix·is)a fixed posture] a motor disturbance marked by intermittent lapse of an assumed posture, as a result of intermittency of the sustained contraction of groups of muscles, a characteristic of hepatic coma but observed also in numerous other conditions; called also liver flap and flapping tremor.

Obtundation - clouding of consciousness, a lowered level of consciousness (q.v.) with loss of ability to respond properly to external stimuli. See also levels of consciousness, under level. Called also mental fog, obnubilation, and obtundation.

Incontinence (urinary or fecal)
    Respiratory insufficiency

Far Advanced
    Decorticate / decerebrate posturing (decorticate - flexing arms towards the center of the body. decerebrate - arms [usually positioned at sides] flexing outwards
    Bradycardia (slow heartrate, under 60 bpm is considered bradycardia)
    Hyper- or hypotension (high or low blood pressure)
    Hyper- or hypothermia
    Dilated pupils
    Seizure activity (usually grand mal)
    Respiratory arrest
    Coma
    Polyuria (secondary to central diabetes insipidus) - polyuria (poly·uria) (pol²e-u¢re-[schwa]) [poly- + -uria]the passage of a large volume of urine in a given period, a characteristic of diabetes. Cf. diuresis.

15. roidrage

roidrage Newbie

Reputation Points:
    33 y/o
    Ithink we all can relateto of the early signs of hyponatremia you posted, well i at least get all of them most times i take pills. The cramps i get there usally when coming down and there very painfull, if i eat saly thoughout the night will it stop them?

16. SLICE

SLICE Newbie

Reputation Points:
    i agree with ivoryqueen, you need to drink stupid amounts of water to die from it, but it can happen. I think people just get freaked out by the advice they used to give when E first became popular.. the governmentissued warnings to"make sure you drink a lot of water" when taking it. Although that IS true.. I think that if a person were having a bad trip and freaking out they could drink an excessive amount of water through fear of dying... which would kill them.pretty ironic!

17. spidert3

spidert3 Newbie

Reputation Points:
    When I took a pill I start to drink a lot of water cuz I was dancing so much. When I was comming down I started to sweat really bad, and I laid down and fell asleep it looked like I was in the gym working out for a couple hours. That is how bad I was sweating. Can someone explain that?

18. prospero

prospero Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.K.
    Wow, it's worrying that some people get early stage hyponatremia symptoms whenever they take a pill. INEVER get ANY of those symptoms - I think if I did I'd stop takig pills and switch to some other drug.

As a matter of interest, everyone, including the government, always says 'drink plenty of water', though I've never heard of any MDMA fatalities from not drinking enough, only from drinking too much. Maybe it'sa (potentially dangerous) bit of misinformation.

19. Softrat

Softrat Newbie

Reputation Points:
    It is almost impossible to die from drinking too much water. These deaths are real but they are the result of drinking truely absurd amounts of water.

It's also pretty hard to die of dehydration or over heating too. As far as I know the dehydration XTC deaths where caused by people dancing for long hours on high dosses in a hot hot cramped club with out drinking any water for long periods of time.

How a person could get so dried out that they die without realizing they need to drink is beyond me.

20. prospero

prospero Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.K.
    On over-heating, I've heard of people collapsing with a body temperature of 44-45 degrees C, which is way above the normal 37.5. Apparently at that temperature loads of normally bodily function starts failing, with catastrophic (fatal) results.