Opinions - Too soon for Acid?

Discussion in 'LSD' started by SgtPepper19, Aug 18, 2006.

1. SgtPepper19

SgtPepper19 Newbie

Reputation Points:
    I have only done weed and has a chance to do lsd sometime in the near future. is this too big of a jump? should this person first do shrooms or something before attempting lsd or would it be ok? I am worried that lsd would overwhelm them and they would have a bad trip because of it. any thoughts?

2. Bajeda

Bajeda Super Moderator Platinum Member & Advisor

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    There really is no logical progression through psychedelics one must take. Experience with other psychedelics can help reduce anxiety, but what really determines whether someone is ready for LSD is their state of being.

Is You at a bad point in life right now? Does he have any acute or chronic anxieties that may manifest themselves during the trip? Does he have any emotionally traumatic or disturbing memories? Is he a fairly stable person? Is he able to handle pressure? etc. etc.

If You feels that he is a fairly stable person and feels confident about trying LSD then he should try it, though making sure to have a sober trip sitter present.

If You has serious doubts he may want to put it off until he feels more stable. If he is just afraid of the drug itself then maybe salvia can give him a taste of what tripping is like, though he should be warned it is quite a different drug.

Shrooms aren't really less powerful than LSD and in fact I find them to be mentally more pressuring during the trip. Swim wished he had done LSD before shrooms infact!

You is the best person to evaluate swiy's actions. He should take time to look deep into himself and find out if he is ready.

3. Alicia

Alicia Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from earth
  4. Nature Boy

Nature Boy Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from ireland
    As long as one educates themselves before using LSD, I see no reason why one should not jump from having only smoked weed to an acid trip. Tread carefully though. Perhaps half a dose might be a good way to test the waters. I feel that having taken mushrooms many times, before doing acid properly, helped him because both effects are very familiar in a sense but it isn't absolutely necessary to have experience with other psychedelics before trying acid. As Bajeda mentioned, the overall state of being is one of the more important factors.

Mushrooms are a good stepping stone into the world of psychedelics IMO though. Probably better than psychedelic cactus in a sense because they allow one to deal with both sides of the spectrum, from euphoria to mild-strong anxiety (depending on how one's trip goes). They're also convenient in the sense that the trip lasts about four hours as opposed to the standard 10-12 hours that acid lasts.

SWIM always states that dealing with the comedown is one of the more critical aspects of using LSD. The comedown is long and can often be quite bizarre. Be sure that You has nothing planned for the next 24 hours after ingesting and get ready to sit through a long after-peak session. Mushrooms and cactus don't have the same after-peak longevity effects IMO.

Last edited: Aug 19, 2006
  5. geezaman

geezaman Gold Member Donating Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.K.
    on the basis that I has searched for lsd for nearly a year now without any luck, I would suggest that You aquire some while its about even if You keeps it some timebefore using it, if You goes with this advice just make sure he/she keeps it right.

6. radiometer

radiometer bananadine addict Platinum Member & Advisor

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    LSD was My second drug, and he was pretty happy with the decision. It can be quite overwhelming! YMMV.

7. jbmac

jbmac Newbie

Reputation Points:
    SWIM's tip again, have some phenobarbital and/or some valium around - can really help tame things if you trip too hard. Kanna is less, but still helpful.