Health - Too young for LSD?

Discussion in 'LSD' started by anarchy2465, Sep 12, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. anarchy2465

anarchy2465 Newbie

Reputation Points:
    I am 16 years old and have experience with drugs like weed and shrooms and am considering trying LSD. I know a lot about it but the one thing I really don't know is the effects on an undeveloped brain. Everyone I have talked to who has done LSD (ie hippes haha) said to wait until your brain is fully developed to do such a drug. Is there any harm in doing it now? Or would you suggest waiting?

2. INodHardOhYeah

INodHardOhYeah Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    At age 16 I would strongly discourage drug use in any form, what you're considering is not a small undertaking by any means. In addition to being too young for psychotropic experimentation you are unfortunetly too young for this forum as well. There is a time and a place for everything, it's called college ;) Concentrate on your studies and come back in a few years, we'll still be here.... most of us anyway.

3. anarchy2465

anarchy2465 Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Thanks for looking out for my best interest but even at this age, most people I know have been experimenting with things like this since 12 or 13. Still, any helpful feedback would be nice.

4. Benzhead

Benzhead Titanium Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    SWIanarchy, you should first familiarize yourself with the rules.

You can find them here. Pay particular attention to the bit about self-incrimination.

Using SWIM(someone Who Isn't Me) is the convention in these parts. Read some threads. You will get the hang of it..or else hang!

Now, concerning the purely hypothetical question about LSD and maturity.

Experimenting with the psyche and altered states of conciousness is not a race.

Some people are not suited to psychedelic use.

You needs time to know their unaltered self before they - hypothetically, of course - indulge in heavy psychic alterations.

Far be it for SWIM to preach to others about substance use and abuse, but You has plenty of time to mess with their neurochemistry.

Remember, there is 'what is possible' and there is 'what is prudent.'

I believe that You is looking for 'someone who isn't' to rubber stamp their desire to experiment with LSD.

It that happens, that 'person who is not,' is not going to be SWIM.

I will leave You with this; before engaging in any risk-taking activity, learn all that one can. Then learn some more. If after you's education leads You to choose to engage in any risk taking activity, You will be best prepared to deal with any consequences.

Dropping acid is a risk-taking activity.

Take a deep breath and relax. You likely has a long life unfolding to enjoy a great many things. Rushing this experience isn't the best choice for you.

5. anarchy2465

anarchy2465 Newbie

Reputation Points:
    SWIM can totally dig that, I was sort of curious why there were the words You and SWIM all over the board, props to You for clearing that up, and thanks for your advice.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.