1. Dear Drugs-Forum readers: We are a small non-profit that runs one of the most read drug information & addiction help websites in the world. We serve over 4 million readers per month, and have costs like all popular websites: servers, hosting, licenses and software. To protect our independence we do not run ads. We take no government funds. We run on donations which average $25. If everyone reading this would donate $5 then this fund raiser would be done in an hour. If Drugs-Forum is useful to you, take one minute to keep it online another year by donating whatever you can today. Donations are currently not sufficient to pay our bills and keep the site up. Your help is most welcome. Thank you.
    PLEASE HELP
    Dismiss Notice

Combinations - Tramadol and Caffeine

Discussion in 'Tramadol' started by Mikey30507, Dec 21, 2012.

1. Mikey30507

Mikey30507 Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Male from U.S.A.
    Hello, I recently took a couple tramadol and I was just curious if it is safe to drink some coffee right now? Sorry if this is a stupid question.

2. Tabun

Tabun Silver Member Newbie

Reputation Points:
    31 y/o Male from slovakia
    my DEA agent always takes tramadol and caffeine (energy drinks,espresso...) together,so in his view it s generally safe.how many tramadol mikey took?

3. TowelieTHEtowel

TowelieTHEtowel Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Male from Germany
    Yea, Tramal and caffeine isnt dangerous. towelie belives only combination with drugs that affect serotonin level.
    my towel always drinks tons of coffee when using tramal

4. Mikey30507

Mikey30507 Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Male from U.S.A.
    I forgot about the self incrimination thing can someone edit that please. Mikey took 4 of them. I took them yesterday but thanks for the information.

5. Mindless

Mindless Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    Male from U.K.
    ^^ there's no need to worry about self-incrimination when referring to personal use. If you do want the post edited, just click on the report post button to ask a moderator for help.

I don't know if there is any evidence, but I do find opioids and many other drugs to be enhanced a little when used in combination with a small amount of caffeine (such as a cup of coffee or a can of cola). I'm not aware of any alarming possible interactions, although both opioids including tramadol and caffeine may have an impact on blood pressure.

Diaz-Reval et al (2010) suggest there is an antinociceptive (reduction in pain sensitivity) effect of tramadol and caffeine administered separately or in combination. Synergistic and antagonistic effects may be possible, making tramadol and caffeine a useful combination in pain management. During recovery from surgery I noticed that caffeine improved the analgesic effects of opioids including heroin, morphine, codeine and tramadol.

Tramadol and caffeine produce synergistic interactions on antinociception measured in a formalin model.
    Díaz-Reval MI et al. Behav. 2010 Dec;97(2):357-62. doi: 10.1016/j.pbb.2010.09.004. Epub 2010 Sep 15.

Last edited: Dec 22, 2012
  6. Mikey30507

Mikey30507 Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Male from U.S.A.
    Thanks for the help! I'll take that into mind next time he takes an opiate.