tramadol and mda

Discussion in 'Ecstasy & MDMA' started by Memantine, Jun 21, 2006.

1. Memantine

Memantine Titanium Member

Reputation Points:
    from earth
    hello, ive read that taking SSRI antidepressant totally blows the MDMA experience if taken during treatment and that one has to wait several months to clear up the body to feel the proper MDMA experince. I wanted to know if this principle applies also to MDA and Tramadol which is a mild-SSRI and has a half-life of 6-12 hors, because swim plans on using MDA one day of this week and since I dont want to ruin the experience would like to know if it has to stop the tramadol use a day before the experience (hopefully) or a month. thanks in advance.

2. Nagognog2

Nagognog2 Iridium Member

Reputation Points:
    Tramadol should be allowed at least a week to both clear the body, and for the body's serotonin levels to restore, before attempting any excursions on MDMA, methylone, MDE, etc.

The half-life in the body does NOT take into account the time needed for the changes made to revert to normal.

3. Memantine

Reputation Points:
    from earth
    yeah i was taking into account the serotonin factor but i never considered serotonin being so relevant to the MDA experience, I mean, at least to me that happy happy joy joy rush aspect is a minor one and I think less important and practically inexistent when compared to the MDMA course of action, I say this with almost none scientifical background but i know that when I takes MDA he doesnt experience the hard come down of MDMA or Amph, and that tells you something I think. Or maybe im wrong, the only thing I know is that SWIM once took tramadol and 10 hours later an unknown quantity of MDA and experienced the drug, although in a more subtle manner and with not that much of a rush but I dont know if this was because of the tramadol or if it was because of a small dose, SWIM infers it was a small quantity because the chemical flavor did not linger for too long.
    are you sure nagognog about letting off the tramadol for at least a week before trying the MDA or maybe thats for taking a little caution?
    After all, when taking tramadol between days, effects dont seem to differ much, nor in the opiate or the SSRI aspect, but i know that with serotonin you gotta be more careful (although I amnt into taking 5-HTP, etc)

4. Nagognog2

Nagognog2 Iridium Member

Reputation Points:
    Granted MDA is not as directly linked to serotonin as MDMA etal, but about a week is what is needed to undo the damage (Bongo loathes tramadol, LOL) that tramadol does to one. Less than might be okay for MDA, but a week would make sure of this. Besides - this isn't a horse-race, now is it?

Bongo did a study on tramadol's SSRI effects/duration some time back due to problems a friend was having. It was from this that he determined that a week was needed to fully clear the cobwebs in one's cranium's geraniums. Though I've yet to see any formal study of this, yet, in the medical literature. Anyone?

5. Memantine

Reputation Points:
    from earth
    ok helps for clearing that out, i wasnt expecting such a good response, i can see you're very knowledgeable. i can also see you loathe tramadol as ive posted other questions regarding its dual effects and there's always a drop of disgust on tramadol in your questions hehehe. im really interested in that study bongo did on the SSRI effects, how could you discern the week thing with such a subtle factor??? please respond, and if you want/can put on some of the results off that informal study bongo did.

6. WrtngCocaineTutorial

WrtngCocaineTutorial Palladium Member

Reputation Points:
    from The Netherlands
    not that addiction is a problem with xtc, but ..

Just a word of advice: if a person is depressed, he/she is in the "group" which have the absoulte highest potential of becoming an addict

7. lilredhead5

lilredhead5 Guest

Reputation Points:
    What about other anti-depressants, such as EFFEXOR and LAMICTAL? Would the MDMA have little or no effect if swim were to try the MDMA and swim were taking, let's say, 150 mg of EFFEXOR and 100 mg of LAMICTAL daily, with a 50mg dose of TRAZADONE at night? Or would I be wasting time and money on the MDMA/XTC ?

8. Veeg

Veeg Newbie

Reputation Points:
    from U.K.
    Are we talking about Tramadol Hydrochloride? If so, I thought this was an opioid based pain-killer, I would be surprised if it had any SSRI activity at all?

9. Abrad

Abrad R.I.P. Platinum Member & Advisor R.I.P.

Reputation Points:
  10. Veeg

Veeg Newbie

Reputation Points:
    from U.K.
    Thank you, I had no idea about Tramadol being a mild SSRI. Slighly off topic, my pet cat has occasionally taken Tramadol mixed with a little alcohol as a sleep aid.

Tags: