Tramadol

Discussion in 'Tramadol' started by rolexparts, Mar 16, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rolexparts

rolexparts Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Anyone have any experience with Ultram (Tramadol)???? How does it compare to Hydro/Oxycodone????

Thanks,
    B

2. weedhead

weedhead Newbie

Reputation Points:
    it sucks

3. rolexparts

rolexparts Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Thanks for the "in-depth" reply... LOL... how does it compare to other Opiates/Opiods?

4. BA

BA Palladium Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    Tramadol (Ultram) acts centrally (in the brain) to modulate the sensation of pain and has no anti-inflammatory effect. It is a stronger pain reliever than acetaminophen, but probably not as strong as the narcotic agents. Ultram is often a good option for treatment of low back pain because patients do not build up a tolerance with extended usage and there is a very low incidence of addiction.

5. rolexparts

rolexparts Newbie

Reputation Points:
    But it does activate the opiate receptors, doesn't it???? If it does, why is it not classified as a controlled substance?

I've heard that 200-300MG of Tramadol have equivalent analgesic (and euphoric) effects to to that of 20-30 MG Hydro/Oxycodone. Does this statement have any validitity?

Thanks,
    B

6. BA

BA Palladium Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    Tramadol is a quasi-narcotic analgesic used in the treatment of moderate to severe pain. It is a synthetic analog of codeine, but both it and its active metabolite O-demethyl tramadol, have low binding affinity to the opiod receptors.

C&P from another site

I found the following written on a rolled up piece of paper in a bottle found in the Wal-Mart parking lot:

After reviewing the other reports of tramadol use, I felt it appropriate to give my evaluation of the substance as I have had extended experience with it. I enjoy opiates a good deal, and found that tramadol provided an adequate high (although it isn't really an opiate) and since I was able to obtain a lot of it, I figured I'd experiment a bit.

My body weight at the time was around 150lbs. I usually found that 100mg was a good base-level dose--not too intense, but enough to give an opiate-like comfy feeling. More often though, I tended to take 150-250mg, and found that 250mg is good for a strong experience, as one will not find it difficult to 'nod' off into opiate dream land at this level. I found that lying down, maybe listening to music, and just closing my eyes and sailing away at the 250mg level to be quite pleasant. It's not quite as nice as oxycodone, morphine, and the other 'real' opioids, but it comes very close.

I found it was really important to start out slow the first time... I had a friend who found two 50mg Ultram tablets (which I poorly suggested as a good starter dose) somewhat nauseating--although she found the experience enjoyable, she did vomit once. Also, Tramadol has slight SSRI properties, so I don't combine it with an MAOI or any tryptamine/serotoninogenic psychedelics and all that jive. My only really bad experience (which wasn't horrible by any means) occured when I took about 150ug of LSD a few hours after I had taken some Tramadol. It pretty much diminished the effects of the acid (as SSRI's will do) leaving me just feeling kinda wierd, it also upset my stomach and I threw up. It also reacted weird once when I had taken some Tramadol a few hours into an LSA trip (extracted from BHWR). Had I known about Tramadol's SSRI properties at the time I could have avoided these experiences.

As is with other opiates and opioids, I found Tramadol taken in large amounts can cause blood sugar levels to drop, so I would keep some orange juice handy. I've also noticed that if taking Tramadol for the first time in a while, residual effects were felt long into the next day (this is also the case with any strong opiate). I also kept about 500-1000mg around when I was taking tramadol regularly (daily). I found that after say a week or so of daily use some definite tolerance developed, and some withdrawal symptoms could occur if use was suddenly stopped. Keeping some around and gradually tappering doses down over the course of 2 or 3 days, until taking nothing, was found to alleviate this. So, though the physiological addiction potential isn't tremendous, dependence is still a possibility; I would guess certainly a stronger one if the user is prone to psychological dependency. I never found stopping to be a problem at all, but I've read internet postings where individuals had a very difficult time with tramadol dependency.

7. rolexparts

rolexparts Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Thanks!

8. OneDiaDem

OneDiaDem Nefelibata Platinum Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.K.
    I was prescribed these when I broke my back, after my hydrocodone intake exceeded the maximum dosage. They have no tylenol in them. I would take 400 mg, and get about the same effect as I did on hydro's. Make my stomach upset tho, so I had to take them with maalox.

9. weedhead

weedhead Newbie

Reputation Points:
    i had to take about 400-500 milligrams for the equivelance of about30 milligrams of hydro or 20 mill. of oxy. My favorite is about 50 milligrams of methadone then snort 20mg of oxy about4 hours later!!!!!

10. searcher

searcher Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from Massachusetts, U.S.A.
    IC tramadol HCL

synthetic codine ?

works pretty good for my neuropathic pain.

11. skeeber

skeeber Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Ultram or tramadol is a centrally actingsyntheticopioid analgesic. It is a good pain reliever. Side effects vary. Some people get a narcotic-like buzz from them. I just felt more alert.I couldn't sleep on them. I took them for over a year for my back, but had to stop due to dependency. Now I have a bunch of them just sitting in the cabinent. [​IMG] I now get percs, so it's not all bad. [​IMG]

12. Interzone

Interzone Newbie

Reputation Points:
    I just recently found they are a great substitute for withdrawal symptoms associated with regular opioids. Aslo Ultram has an added benefit of the inhibition and reuptake of norepinephrine and seratonin. Gave me the warm opioid feeling, pain releif and also the added benefit of not being angry at the world. I also talked A LOT; much to the chagrin of my wife. I can take 200-300 mg and feel as though I have taken a substance more like a Darvon compound than anything else... after all.. Darvon compounds, Methadone and Tramadol (Ultram) are all chemically different from typical opiates, but have similar effects.

I have no idea why today they are not at least classified under C4 like Darvocet, but then again I am holding a book that says that Xanax is not a C 3 drug yet either... give it some time .... don't abuse it and we may have it a little longer than the "Pain Paranoid" doctors can cut it out of their scripts.

DO NOT TAKE IF YOU ARE TAKING ANTI-DEPRESSANTS you run the srisk of serious seizure.

13. skeeber

skeeber Newbie

Reputation Points:
    I took them for well over a year for my back.I became very dependent on them during that time. If I missed a dose I would get cold and achy. The doctor weened me off and put me on perc.I now have about 700 pills that I won't use. They are a great pain reliever. Sides vary.I did not get the euphoric affect, but they did make me more alert and I had an improved sense of well-being, if that makes any sense. I never took them in high doses though.

14. Motorhead

Motorhead Platinum Member & Advisor

Reputation Points:
    45 y/o from Canada
    Haha "pain paranoid" doctors. I love that

15. Inkmanr6

Inkmanr6 Newbie

Reputation Points:
    I got these in Mexico one time. They were either 100mg or 200mg pills, OTC. They sell them at every pharmacy. It was a messed up high. Not much like opiates for me. I agree with the "but they did make me more alert and I had an improved sense of well-being, if that makes any sense". My opiate tolerance was fairly high at the time and I don't remember taking more then 300mgs.

16. Creeping Death

Creeping Death Iridium Member

Reputation Points:
    I have gotten some tramadol because of stomach surgery i had. Is tramadol safe to inject, and does it make you feel the effects better?

17. umich

umich Newbie

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    First experience with painkillers was 13.5mg of oxycodone. Not a bad high, felt relaxed, mild sense of wellbeing, more of a head high if you know what i mean. Kind of a slight drunk feeling, nothing special. Had a slight stomach ache for a while...only weigh 120lbs so everything i take hits me
    Last week took 200mg of tramadol and had a great time. Lasted for nearly 7 hours, major sense of relaxation and well being, more of a body high, everything just felt good, even walked around a little and felt completely relaxed. Very talkative for a few hours as well. Enjoyed tramadols much more than oxycodone. Maybe I need a larger dose of Oxycodone next time...

18. Creeping Death

Creeping Death Iridium Member

Reputation Points:
    I tried about 150 mg of Tramadol today at 5 o clock. I took the three capsules along with a glass of vodka mixed with orange juice (1/4 vodka). I had a little bit of a dedache for a few minutes at the beginning, but that went away and i feel very good now.

The opiate-style feeling is very good with tramadol. The effects have just been getting stronger and stronger since i took the pills (5 hours ago). Im happy with it, but i will take alot more next time. Maybe i'll go for 300 mg and 1/2 glass vodka next time. Thanks to BA for helping me out [​IMG]

19. Turricaine

Turricaine Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Please be careful with tramadol!

Take just enuff and you enjoy, take too much and fakov.

I theoretize (rightly or wrongly) that it is the racemic pair of diastereomers in this 'miracle' drug that lowers seizure theshold when consumed in large doses.

20. ihateourfreedom

ihateourfreedom Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    They work synergistically with marijuana, I know many people who live
    in Spain who like them very much. They are also available very cheaply
    without a prescription there. However, it says not to drink alcohol at
    the same time because studies have shown it can cause liver damage. I
    don't know how much or how often you'd have to drink before this causes
    a problem, after all, alcohol by itself causes liver damage.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.