Experiences - Tranax. A decent Alprazolam tablet?

Discussion in 'Benzodiazepines' started by GreatWonder, Dec 18, 2006.

1. GreatWonder

GreatWonder Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    43 y/o from U.K.
    I have obtained their first supply of Alprazolam tablets. They're branded 'Tranax-0.5' made by Cipla labs and arrived from India. I have searched extensively on-line to find out the quality of these but very little information exists. Being the first time I have taken a benzo, a huge amount of information was gathered instead of just diving in. If SWIM reports the effects, any information with regard to if they sound legit or if You has taken these before, I would be happy to hear.

0.5mg flat single score peach tablets with totally blank underside.

SWIM reported a single 0.5mg kick-in within about 30mins. This could have been pyschological as I have no experience of Alprozolam and was excitedly awaiting the effects. Everything felt nice, on standing, lower legs felt a little heavy. I had anice 'don't give a fuck attitude' head on.

2x 0.5mg same kick in, SWIM'S legs very noticeably heavy in a nice way, good 'don't give a fuck attitude'.

Now THE test, a new intensely social situation (I am a chronic socialphobe here with high anxiety / panic levels) so I took 3x 0.5mg. As I was pre-occupied in social situation didn't really monitor reaction, except no anxiety or panic whatsover. I felt gently sluggish in a nice way if anything and a few hours later had difficulty staying awake at a cinema. These effects in a lesser strength remained throughout the day, evening and night.

So on the above report by me, does this sound like your usual Alprazolam experience / effect - and does You have any experience of Tranax and whether it's good or to be avoided because as I said there's virtually no information on this one.

2. Jatelka

Jatelka Psychedelic Shepherdess Platinum Member & Advisor

Reputation Points:
    from U.K.
    Alprazoloam is Alprazolam is Alprazolam. It doesn't matter what the name of the brand is.

The effects that You has described sound exactly like a benzo experience: Calm, insulated, a little heavy. SWIJ is, however surprised that You felt sluggish into the next day. Alprazolam is a shorter acting benzo and is not known for "hangover" effect. However, given that You is benzo-naive, maybe this is not so unexpected!

3. radiometer

radiometer bananadine addict Platinum Member & Advisor

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    SWIM received a large number of these from an Indian pharmacy several years back. They came in blister packs and had good expiration dates. He felt that they were about 1/2 the strength of any other brand of alprazolam he's ever tried. He is not sure why but these tablets seem to be pretty lame. He's still got some and they're still only half the strength of the several other brands of generic alprazolam he's got lying around.

Many prescription drugs from overseas are counterfeits, I've read about this in several articles (not stupid hype articles from the FDA either!). Interstingly, back when SWIM recieved these lame alprazolam pills, he tried to look up the company, and could not find any mention of Cipla manufacturing alprazolam tablets under the name "Tranax."

Last edited: Dec 18, 2006
  4. Jatelka

Jatelka Psychedelic Shepherdess Platinum Member & Advisor

Reputation Points:
    from U.K.
    ^^^ Links to articles please radio?

5. radiometer

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    relevant links:

http://www.drugscontrol.org/spurious_drugs.htm
    http://www.drugscontrol.org/substandard_drugs.htm

Here's one article found through that site - note the brand name "Cipla" mentioned:

6. GreatWonder

Reputation Points:
    43 y/o from U.K.

Thanks. I was just not sure if Tranax contained any Alprazolam and was conscious of the chances of the tabs being susbstandard. In you's opinion is Alprazolam high on the list of counterfit / faked meds? I only have one source at the moment.

7. GreatWonder

Reputation Points:
    43 y/o from U.K.
  8. radiometer

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    Well, I am quite sure that the weak tablets he has do contain alprazolam, he knows its signature quite well.

There may be absolutely nothing wrong with you's tablets. yous initial post certainly does describe the normal effects of alprazolam. I'm just relating my experience with the same brand name.