Trichocereus pachanoi dosage

Discussion in 'Peyote & San Pedro' started by kld1, Jul 18, 2006.

1. kld1

kld1 Newbie

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    What is usual weight of pachanoi, wet or dry (please specify), needed for a good experience. Considering a very very potent plant having .12% mescaline content wet, 833g of wet cactus is needed to achieve 1000mg of mescaline (overdose). I was considering using 680g wet cactus in order to make a cactus cocktail prepared from boiling.

2. Marsofold

Marsofold Platinum Member

Reputation Points:
    from USA
    The typical dry weight used is 50 grams. Since a useful dry yield from a fresh cactus is around 3% of the wet weight, the math is: 50/0.03 = 1667 grams wet weight. That assumes a de-cored, de-spined, skinned cactus. Probably around 2 kilograms raw...

3. kld1

kld1 Newbie

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    Wow, that is twice what I was going to use. Initially, the above values were calculated at .12% mescaline content wet weight. It seems as if the mescaline content of the majority seems to be around 0.02% wet.

4. kld1

kld1 Newbie

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
  5. markdahman

markdahman Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from Canada
  6. kld1

kld1 Newbie

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
  7. acolon_5

acolon_5 Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from Maryland, U.S.A.
    In most reports that I have read the San Pedro and the Trichocereus bridgesii mescaline constitues >50% of total alkaloid content. Also worth noting is that there are a few other phenethylamines that are produced in both of these cactii. Some of them have been proven to be inactive by themselves, but may be synergizing with other alkaloids....and there is definately a different feeling between a crude extraction and pure mescaline.

8. kld1

kld1 Newbie

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    Is the crude better? A FOAF also heard that there are synergistic effects with the cactus juice.

9. acolon_5

acolon_5 Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from Maryland, U.S.A.
    SWIM prefers a crude methanol/ethanol extraction to trying and down cactus slime...also the crude goo takes alot less time to kick in than eating the cactus or making tea out of it. Also, I have just found it much easier to dry the cactus out and either pill it up or make the crude extraction.

There are many other alkaloids in San Pedro other than mescaline and with there being so much variation between peyote, San Pedro, Bridgesii, and Peruvian Torch one would be led to believe that these other alkaloids definitely add some "flavor" and in some way change the experiance...

For example...Brigesii in SWIM's opinion has more mental aspects than either San Pedro or Peruvian torch. Peruvian's, in SWIM's limited experiance seem to be more visual (although they really all are extremely visual) than either of the others....just SWIM experiance though.

Is crude better than pure....hmmm, well to be honest, I have never had "pure" mescaline, but from reports I have read, the cacti mix seems to mellow things out...and that is good in SWIM's opinon. The more the merrier!

10. Rahli

Rahli Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Not entirely sure if this is the crude extraction that alcolon 5 is refering to but here goes.
    AFOFOM would have to first dry the flesh, then powder it in a coffee grinder.
    They would then soak the powder for minimum 3 days with methanol or ethanol, gently shaking every now and again.
    If ethanol is used in the crude extraction AFOFOM could mix this directly with juice (depending on denaturents). If methanol is used evaporate all the solvent as it will make you go blind or even die (>30ml = bad).
    This results in a tar that I'm sure AFOFOM can dispose of.
    The left over powder should have had most of the goodies lifted so they could dispose of it as they saw fit.
    Do not use 40% alchohol as the water content is to high and will result in slime in you extract.
    If I have incorrectly interpreted this extraction feel free to set it straight.
    I wouldn't want any freinds of freinds of mine having any accidents.