Trichocereus pachanoi toxicity

Discussion in 'Peyote & San Pedro' started by discobloodbath, Oct 12, 2004.

1. discobloodbath

discobloodbath Newbie

Reputation Points:
    i was wondering if there is toxicity in the san pedro cactus... is it safe or could you get injured from too much... I know in a book i have they say that peyote has very few reports of injury because the amount needed to be eaten that would cause injury would just get vomited out.. is the same true for san pedro (Trichocereus pachanoi)...

2. Alfa

Alfa Productive Insomniac Staff Member Administrator

Reputation Points:
    117 y/o from The Netherlands
    San Pedro is very bitter and you have to eat quite a lot for a full on trip. I would say it is pretty safe. However you can make an extraction. Since the dose of mescaline is 350 mg, an extract will still have a reasonable large volume.

3. Bodhisattva500

Bodhisattva500 Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    it would be very hard to eat enough cactus to get sick. Ive eat almost 3 foot of san pedro and a felt that was a okay trip

4. OneDiaDem

OneDiaDem Nefelibata Platinum Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.K.
    I have purged every time I have ate/drank this. Pedro is the same, you purge what you do not need. Im going to be so bold and say, that unless you have an allergic reaction, this is a pretty safe drug. I wouldnt be doing 2-3 grams of extracted crystal mesc tho. While I dont believe it would hurt you, you would be tripping harder than I would be comfortable with.</font>

5. pissdrunkparker

pissdrunkparker Newbie

Reputation Points:
    SWIM heard that there was a large amount of strychnyne in peyote. SWIM also heard that san pedro had little strychnyne and that the high was a cleaner one. I am not sure if this is true or not. It may be something one would want to investigate further.:)

6. radiometer

radiometer bananadine addict Platinum Member & Advisor

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    I "investigated it further." It took me roughly three seconds of googling to get the answer, which is: It's bullshit.

http://www.erowid.org/ask/ask.php?ID=2205

7. pissdrunkparker

pissdrunkparker Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Well that's good to hear. Thanks for the info.:)