1. Dear Drugs-Forum readers: We are a small non-profit that runs one of the most read drug information & addiction help websites in the world. We serve over 4 million readers per month, and have costs like all popular websites: servers, hosting, licenses and software. To protect our independence we do not run ads. We take no government funds. We run on donations which average $25. If everyone reading this would donate $5 then this fund raiser would be done in an hour. If Drugs-Forum is useful to you, take one minute to keep it online another year by donating whatever you can today. Donations are currently not sufficient to pay our bills and keep the site up. Your help is most welcome. Thank you.

trichocereus Peruvianus Attempt: Misfire

Discussion in 'Peyote & San Pedro' started by St Pete, Mar 19, 2005.

1. St Pete

St Pete Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Mar 8, 2005
    About 18 inches of 3.5" alleged Trichocereus Peruvianus, cut from a
    nice 2 - 3 footer at a local hardware/garden center. Split between me
    and my partner. We cut it up and ate it straight. Very cucumber-like in
    taste. Not bitter at all. Red flag?

Initial "onset" stuff was probably placebo effect.

Not sure if we got TP at all -- or maybe just a verrrrrrrry weak TP. Big disappointment.

Learned something though: don't cut off the spines by notching at each
    cluster (makes peeling a real pain). Do like the shaman on Erowid and
    make a nice long slice on either side of each row of clusters. AND
    refrigerate before peeling. Makes it sooooo much easier.

Oh -- one more thing -- our TP made an EXCELLENT laxative. Maybe too good. [​IMG]
  2. hul gil

hul gil Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    Feb 17, 2005
    I have noticed that the stronger the alkaloid content the harder it is to eat raw and was unable to finish eating a couple of times and resorted to extractions (chemical)to get it down.
  3. Peyote

Peyote Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    Jan 17, 2005
    from The Netherlands
    Uh, its impossible to eat that cacti without finding it bitter or horrible