Setting - Tripping Alone?

Discussion in 'Magic Mushrooms (Psilocybe & Amanita)' started by blotter, Nov 29, 2004.

1. blotter

blotter Newbie

Reputation Points:
    I am planning on trying some magic mushrooms. I was thinkinng of starting of with some fresh psylocibe cubensis. is this a good idea? any recomendations??

2. serotonin

serotonin Newbie

Reputation Points:
    that is a good idea indeed. make sure you are in the right mindset and environment. stay positive, and it should all work out.

3. blotter

blotter Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Thanks for the reply. I´ve also heard that alone is not a good idea. Any thoughts

4. OneDiaDem

OneDiaDem Nefelibata Platinum Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.K.
    Fresh is fine, however I dont know what you mean by "alone".

You need to eat @25-30 grams of fresh mushrooms. Its alot of bulk to eat. You might want to dry the mushrooms, and shrink the bulk to 10% of its original weight. Its alot easier to eat 2.5 -3 grams of dried mushroom than it is to eat them fresh.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 3, 2009
  5. blotter

blotter Newbie

Reputation Points:
    alone, I mean taking them by myself....

6. Antidote

Antidote Newbie

Reputation Points:
    32 y/o
    On my only solo mushroom trip, I got WAY too negatively introspective, began crying, and felt like a very bad person for doing drugs alone (which I don't have a problem with, as long as it is for a good reason like productive introspection). It just overall was a bad experience; however, everyone's reaction to drugs is different. If you have a sound mind and body, I wouldn't worry.

7. djryand

djryand Newbie

Reputation Points:
    It would definitely be better to have someone with you. A sitter would be the best thing and not someone doing it with you. Either way though, you need to have someone there to be able to ground you, especially if this is your first entheogenic experience. Be safe, smart, and have fun. NO DRIVING!!!

8. ganja420

ganja420 Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Yes, it is probably best not to be alone. However you dont want to be around a lot of people either, otherwise you might think everyones watching you or something and you'll freak out. I would get like 2 of my close buddies who I trust to be my sitters because if you're around someone you dont trust it may not turn out good.. you know what I mean?

peace, dan

9. cyberfunk

cyberfunk Newbie

Reputation Points:
    don't do it alone unless your in a stable minset and can handle it. My freind did three grams for the first time alone at his house at 1 in the morning and was messed for 9 hours and it was good for a while then it got really bad and he kept reapeating things to himslef and went all crazy calling people at like 5 inthe morning.

i did it alone at my house and was fine, if nething goes wrong i just remind myself that i'm just on a drug, i took it, and try to bring back my normal thinking.

10. OneDiaDem

OneDiaDem Nefelibata Platinum Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.K.
    I always trip alone. But, I leaned what the mushrooms were like, and got alot of experience under my belt before I went solo. You of course can do it alone your first go, but its alot better to have someone who can talk you out of a bad place until you know what you are doing. If you plan on doing a level 5 trip, you should never go solo.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 3, 2009
  11. thydarkprevails

thydarkprevails Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    it's odd, but when i trip alone i tend to notice things about the world more, and when i trip with a friend we still notice things, yet we have very deep, insightful conversations...although the enviornment is a big factor, this friend, was a great friend during high school, and after..my best memories of those days were in his room, smokin or drinking, or doing something, watching movies and bullshitting...